Class 166 Destination Board

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by davidjamesgoodfellow, Mar 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. davidjamesgoodfellow

davidjamesgoodfellow Member

Hi just asking what is happening with the destination boards on the class 166

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Nothing.
    I Tried ages ago to get it, but they said it's too much work, and if they did, you wouldn't be able to change it as you have to enter the code

• Like Like x 1
  3. davidjamesgoodfellow

I Don't mind doing the code

4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

This would be a great feature to add. The units look wrong without working displays as they have been a Class 165/166 feature since their launch in 1992.

• Like Like x 1
  5. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

Isn't the code given to you in the timetable and by posting T (keyboard)? It would be nice if you could put your train code into the train and it'll pull out the destination. I think the same could be said for the 465, as you can't set a destination it's done automatically.

• Like Like x 1
  6. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Automatic destination is a good solution. Surely this can be done if platform departure boards are possible.

7. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

I think putting in a code into the destination machine thing would be cooler, as long as the code is easily able to be found (either in the top right corner or the timetable menu).

• Like Like x 2
  8. djhawtin1

i mean the Code Cannot be simulated as its confusing to new players, and as i said ive tried and this is there response, and the 465 has automatic destination displays due to the same reason

9. davidjamesgoodfellow

10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If DTG do what they say and actually have functional manuals that list such things, and include the common details into the T screen (or however that's activated on consoles) I don't see why this would be any more confusing than activating the AWS or other safety systems or indeed setting headlights and so on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. djhawtin1

I mean they could put a peice of paper where the Clipboard area in, these are on, Respectively, the 377 and 465 and can be interacted like buttons but a Pop-up appears with the codes but the Coding* for it would be difficult,
    *Pun Intended

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not really, almost everything is in a configuration database and from what I know of the PIS and on train displays they're now programming them AS displays rather than generating individual graphics for each destination. If that's the case they could easily have the input amend the database which triggers the display

13. ILied

ILied Active Member

I think this is one for the preservation crew when they do GWE and associated trains.

14. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I seem to recall DTG stating there is an issue with the way the model has been set up for the Class 166, which is why they/the preservation crew are reluctant to add a functional display to it.

• Like Like x 1