Scenario Packs Or Scenario Sharing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lmcpfc2014, Mar 30, 2021.

1. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that like on TS, if we could get additional scenarios made by DTG. Because at the moment we are unable to share scenario planner creations which is something I really want. I was thinking maybe using trains on different routes like a Southeastern train running on East Coastway or an ICE diverting and running on a different route or maybe an Class 377 running down to Seaford from Brighton and then going back up to Lewes and then down to Eastbourne. Although these scenarios may not be fully realistic, it provides variety in runs. The reason I suggest this, is that once I've completed the scenarios and multiple services, I start to get a bit bored because there aren't many new things to do. If DTG were to do this they could charge a couple of pounds on 2 on them for one route. I would be really interested in this. Otherwise, although there may be license issues, I really want scenario planner sharing because I have seen people on Youtube with some good custom scenarios but I can't copy them because they don't show the list of trains and where they are running. I sometimes use Scenario Planner but most of the time I just want to play instantly. Just an idea.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

A cross-platform workshop-alike system to share scenarios (and other stuff I guess) would be awesome, especially when it can automatically filter for stuff you have the required DLC for.

Until such a feature exists, perhaps it's possible to gather some user-created scenarios that only rely on one DLC (or one loco DLC and it's associated route DLC) to be added to the route DLC as a patch?

• Like Like x 2
  3. ILied

ILied Active Member

This would be good but DTG have said it’s not going to happen for two key reasons:

1) it would have to work across all platforms and it seems consoles are more locked down than pcs are (from what I have gathered from DTG).
    2) There are licensing issues with this too, because you’re allowed to put anything on any route, the licence holders could easily object to their trains being used on routes they aren’t intended to work on.

I know it’s not what you want to hear, but these are reasons DTG have given since August for why this hasn’t been done already. Admittedly 2) isn’t nearly as big as for the livery designer, it’s still a concern DTG have to take into account.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking about that. Why does it work with licensing on TS, just wondering. I'm okay with it not being in TSW but we need to be able to share more things in TSW

• Like Like x 1