PC Acceleration Issues On London Underground Bakerloo Line (travelling The Tube)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by sandymount, Mar 29, 2021.

1. sandymount

sandymount New Member

"Welcome to Queens Park Station. This is a Southbound service. This service travels to and terminates at Elephant and Castle."

I'll regularly save and resume scenarios.

On the "Travelling the tube" scenario, once resumed, the simulator will no longer accelerate - as if there's no power.

I have had many attempts from scratch so far. For any particular save where the issue occurs, on some resumes the power indicator on the HUD will have a white square surround, indicating no obstruction to power and yet no acceleration. On other resumes, after opening and then closing the passenger doors, the power indicator on the HUD will have a red surround and a small red arrow head beneath it pointing down, indicating forward movement is cut off/blocked. In that situation I have tried setting all switches to cut out, powering down, removing control key, reversing the train, and controlling the train from the rear (the square surround on the power is white only when attempting to drive from the rear of the train) but I cannot get the power/acceleration working again.

Tried saving only in stations and also tried saving only when travelling between stations (moving to ensure I'm not travelling over some power gap on track).

When I focused on one particular save point, the issue kicked in at slightly different points on some resumes from that single save point. On these occasions, while I am approaching a station (I don't think it matters but this was coming into Piccadilly Circus and had also previously happened on approaching Marylebone in another save), I have tested whether stepping up the Traction Brake Control will accelerate the train as it should. On some resumes acceleration works for a few (tens of) yards and then stops working. On other resumes, acceleration is not functioning immediately on loading the save.

As I had an issue previously in TSW that was caused by reloading saved positions in the scenario, I was able to recreate this issue only when saving and reloading numerous times. If the scenario is completed without resuming/reloading, the issue does not occur. I imagine the status of something (perhaps the passenger doors being open) is stuck or not refreshed during reload.

I have lots of videos of the issue occurring when starting the scenario from scratch but the attached is probably most succinct (probably best to skip last three minutes, where I tried from the rear of the train).

2. sandymount

sandymount New Member

Sorry... issue occurs at 15m 20s in the video.
    (I saved and reloaded this run a few times to create the issue.)

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I have had this happen on starting a scenario, not just when reloading a saved game (which is particularly broken on Bakerloo anyway). I have even tried resetting the cab to the cold and dark state then running the startup procedure, all to no avail. And it isn't the window cutout either as I get the unable to power issue with the windows closed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This is a longstanding and often reported bug with the 1972 Stock. But no action at all on a fix. Yes, the throttle simply cuts out, at random times and for no apparent reason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RotorHed

RotorHed Member

Here you go -
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/problem-line-bakerloo.33714/page-3#post-270311

Fast forward to the last couple of pages for the bug investigation.

I ended up putting a couple of bug reports relating to the compressor function and another UI thing. If anyone in the team actually looks at those bugs they might coincidentally spot and or fix the cause of this.

But so far the only somewhat reliable solution seems to be don't save and resume - I say somewhat because there are some people who've reported this and said they didn't save...

Oh and one more thing - in the last roadmap stream Bakerloo was highlighted as the next track to get some love in terms of bug fixes so maybe they'll change something for the better.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yup.