Tsw 2 Needs A Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by michalcabel.tech, Mar 30, 2021.

?
  1. Of course.

73.7%
  2. No. State why in comments. I am interseted in your opinion why no?

26.3%
  1. michalcabel.tech

michalcabel.tech New Member

This post will splited in few categories:
    1. Introduction
    2. How it could look when joining
    3. Gameplay
    4. In-game communications
    5. Creating a server
    Yes, Multiplayer. I really like TSW 2, but if TSW had an multiplayer, it will be in game so much fun. You will be able to drive like a conductor or drive as secondman on loco with a driver and even as passanger.
    If you want to join server it could looks like this: You will be in menu where you can choose if you want route selection, settings and etc., and there will be part with name Multiplayer. When you click on it it will bring up some type of region selection. When you selected region you will be ale to join some of listed servers. On every server will be displayed: On wich route server is, how many players are on the server and server name.(If you ever played Farming simulator 15-19 that menu could look similiar).
    Be aware, because probably this servers will not be able to create as Off rails!
    When you join you will be able to choose train and drive or you will be able to travel as passenger, or travel as secondman. But there will be one new special role wich you woul only acces on multiplayer servers, and that is some sort of dispatcher. Because when you will be communicating you will be using special mode for voice chat(more in category 4). You will be able to spawn at some station where will be located dispatching centre. For example at Munich-Augsburg you will be able to spawn at that tower wich you are passing at departure from Munich main and be able to talk to all trains at once or talk only to some specific train. As a train driver or secondman, when disptacher will want talk to you, you will be able to grab radio and communicate with dispatcher, and at end you will just return radio to position as, for example on US trains, cap from fuel tank. If you ever played Flight simulator X, dispatching system could work very similiar to ATC controller in mentioned game. How did you will be able to spawn train? So on few stations you will be able to come up to some bulletin board in a some office and click on it. That will bring up menu similiar as in scenario designer and you will be able to choose wich loco and wich configuration. So for example when server will be created at Penisula corridor, and you haved buyed all DLCs ("Baby Bullet" and MP15DC CAL Train Switcher) you will be able to spawn all of 3 trains wich you can normally acces in scenarios and time table mode. But it will spawn on station on wich are you located. When train will be spawned you will get message: Your train is located on siding 1, track for 4 ready for depature for San Fransisco. (This is only example!). Probably max. train drivers per server will be20 train drivers due to possible ceating jam in more train drivers. So it will be able to make server +2 players, due to 20 train drivers and 2 dispatchers(This depends on lenght of route: For example on penisula corridor you will be able to have without problem 35 train drivers because of lenght). Of course it will be possible to join server but you will be not able to drive train as train driver, you will be able only be: Secondman/conductor, passenger and dispatcher if this position is not full. On routes as East costway and Long Island RR you will be of course able to drive as conductor and be able to open and close doors.
    In game communications, will be provided in game, but very similiar to(If you know) FiveM GTA5 RP mode wich is using Teamspeak mode TokoVoip, wich is providing radio comunications, and special type of in game comunications. Like, what I mean if you know this mode only people in range of 10-15 (11-16 yards) meters hear you not all server. So it will be best for roleplaying and best for realistic experience.
    How you will be able to create a server. Like I stated in second category, in the same part of menu you will be able to choose to join or create server. Of you choose create, it will bring up some sort of menu where you will be able to choose: route, time of day, password (if you want only some poeple allowed on server), and region where will be server located.
    For railroad succes!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I think (judging by a part of the website, and Sam having once said it is still valid) that multiplayer is still coming. It's just not on the roadmap because it isn't actively being worked on at the moment. I think, however, that Multiplayer would be good for steam, as you could have the Fireman, Driver, etc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

I'd like it but theres two downsides AFK &Trolls

• Like Like x 5
  4. michalcabel.tech

djhawtin1 Ok, but rules as passing red signal will result into fail will be still in use and owner and poeples wich have been granted admin rights by owner will have still rights as: Kick, ban and etc. Signals will be still operated automaticly, by game. :)

5. djhawtin1

That is not what i am saying, i am on about the trolls who stop between signals and causing those lights to go red and theres No Bypass

• Like Like x 1
  6. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

i feel like you should also be able to select the dlcs you want on when creating a server lets say I wanna create one on NTP I could also enable like HFP, The class 31/33 there could also be off the rails mode where you can enable what you want from any region

• Like Like x 2
  7. trainsimplayer

Yeah but If they sit too long the owner of the server (or an admin if it's a public game) could kick them to the menus or something

• Like Like x 2
  8. trainsimplayer

Also it would be interesting to see if Reskins could work.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I don't have anyone I would want to play multiplayer with, wouldn't trust strangers to actually play properly, and given what I want to do in the game is drive trains I don't see how a multiplayer would enhance my experience, so it's a no from me

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

It’s a no from me, I’ve never found a game where I enjoy multiplayer except a few motor racing games and then only in private lobbies. For me a train sim is about driving my train. I don’t want others messing that up.

That’s not a ‘No DTG should never do it’, just a no, I personally don’t want it.

• Like Like x 2
  11. djhawtin1

It would be difficult to Kick people is they have been somewhere and theres a difference between Trolling and a Faulty pop-up saying its Red, i get those a lot

• Like Like x 1
  12. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

No, because TSW mainly singleplayer and relax game for me)

13. Blartthaniel42

Blartthaniel42 Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think multiplayer is a good idea just because there is not much it would add to the experience. The only thing that could come from this is switching industries with two people would cool, but everything else that you can do, such as riding a passenger train and train watching/railfanning can already be done in the game. On top of that, I would rather see DTG focus on perfecting the game mechanics and making sure the driving experience is good, as well as bring new routes and locos to the game. I could maybe see it happening once all the preserved collection is down and once steam is added. I still feel like it would be hard to implement a system where everyone can drive a train given that there are only a handful of services on a route at a particular time.

14. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

reason being a no is that if i was driving a route with someone i would go pass them and then i won't see them for ages i remember watching the youtuber squirrel playing the bus and he talked about multiplayer for that and it was fairly similar to why i wouldn't think multiplayer would be suitable. also they would have to figure out with what to do if someone runs really late and holds everyone up how would someone de railing in the game work in multiplayer or someone spading as the mechanics of that will be different compared to singlplayer. also the game can barely run some routes so for other people to be running at the same time as you is going to be power intensive.

15. michalcabel.tech

Thanks for all of replys. I want only point on some things wich few poeples said. 1. Blartthaniel42 I am not saying that DTG needs or it will be adding this to game this year, maybe, maybe no. I only did I it could like in my opinion. 2. Knightfire1964 I didnt wrote that you need to create server when you want to play multiplayer. You could join idk, for example Penisula Corridor where will be already 35 peoples joined or Main Spessart Bahn where will be too already full server. 3. About red signals and AFK players. There would be some type of timer even you are AFK out of train. Maybe 10 mins, maybe 15 mins. trainsimplayer is right, if you will be kicked or banned it will bring you up on screen some type of notification wich is saying: "You have been kicked/banned by a server admin. You can join back after 30 mins. Not a DTG staff" after you will click on Ok and that will bring you back to server or route selection. When you pass red signal you will just get applyed emergency brakes and you will be able to move after next segment will be cleard by train ahead of you, or you will get some type of screen:"You have passed danger! Returning to nearest station." and it will just spawn you at logically at nearst station and train will be deleted wich will result into segment clearence. Theese would be two settings in creating server where you could choose: 1. Despawn train after passing red signal or 2. More realstic setting: Apply brakes after passing red signal. That is everything from me. For railroad succes!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

This is a bit of a misunderstanding of the importance and experience of multiplayer. Even if there's no cooperative gameplay in a TSW2 multiplayer, the experience itself of being in the same session where other people are operating their trains is entirely different from the current experience of knowing that everything you see around you is a pre-scripted set of actions performed by pixels instead of people.

It also (surprisingly) needs to be noted that having multiplayer doesn't mean not having singleplayer. Those who've said in this thread that they want to be in an SP environment will still have that option. An addition of MP mode(s) doesn't affect that. It only offers immersion and experience of a real environment to those of us who prefer having people - instead of scripts executing themselves - around us when playing.

And finally, DtG already have plans for MP - it's mentioned in the FAQ section of the official website, and was confirmed as still being relevant by Sam on Discord the other day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. michalcabel.tech

Commiee is all right about what I meant about Multiplayer. This post is all about speculations and how as I imagine it or how could it looks like in the future. Note that multiplayer is NOT even on roadmap that means that multiplayer is NOT in active dev. Mind that I DID NOT said that if multiplayer comes out, that DONT means you need to play it or it will delete singleplayer that you will be able NOT play anymore.
    That it will be from me all.
    For railroad succes!

18. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes- operating in the same session where other people are operating their trains incompetently or maliciously would certainly be different.

OLMP attracts maladjusted griefers like roadkill attracts flies.

19. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

Those who enjoy multiplayer in games are also usually ready to have occasional encounters with destructive behaviour. There are game mechanics and report systems designed to limit that. If the vote here is on whether those of us who are into MP should have it - while those into SP will also have their own modes - I think denying us that opportunity on the grounds of safeguarding us from what we should be ready to face is patronising.

20. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

To handle speculation, here's where multiplayer is up to:
    - We're still planning to do it.
    - We're not working on it beyond occasional discussion at present.

In the event of multiplayer arriving in TSW the one thing it most definitely will include is the ability to run a private session. We'll fight all day long to ensure that those who want an authentic experience in multiplayer can do so, and that those who just want to muck about can do so, but that those two groups should never unintentionally mix.

On my own personal wishlist for multiplayer (alongside a bunch of other things) is the ability to support as many players as possible as passengers. Having stream viewers aboard the train you're driving badly would be superb. Better still, with more people who are watching the stream waiting at the station Nat just left one single carriage in, or that Matt just entirely failed to stop at.

If that's all multiplayer did it would be worth the price of admission (assuming that the price is free).

• Like Like x 10
  21. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

To be honest I'm not a huge fan on your take of multiplayer. There are many things that could go wrong with a dispatcher mode and in general having it just be a free drive. I believe that multiplayer should be a timetable mode. You would be able to pick a slot for what service you want to operate. This means that trains would be departing in a more spaced out time rather than like 5 trains trying to depart San Francisco all at once. Having players be able to controls signals and junctions could be a total disaster. You gotta remember that there are trolls in almost any game. Someone could become a dispatcher and make all signals red to just block all trains. That's why a timetable mode would make more sense because the AI dispatcher already knows what to do. The reason I bring these points up is because I have played multiplayer train sims before and they are completely disasterous. Let's take SCR for example. There is no sort of timetable, I always encounter numerous trains trying to depart a station at once leading to traffic backups and delays. There are also people who play the game on low end devices, meaning that they will be moving much slower than they should. The last major issue with the game is that there are trolls. I've been blocked numerous times by trains who are trying to block the line, or go afk. There are also lots of noobs. TSW isn't any different. It's even more likely in TSW just because it's a lot more difficult than SCR. There's gonna be people overshooting, people speeding, people spadding, there could be people crashing into other trains. A free drive would just be a complete mess. A timetable multiplayer mode would at least give for more room for error. Servers would also have to be heavily moderated to make sure everything runs smoothly. As much as I would love multiplayer, it could turn into a complete disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  22. michalcabel.tech

CrazyDash I didnt said that dispatcher could operate signals, when you are playing roblox, dont compare that to this. I said that dispatcher will be able to ONLY see actual position of trains and communicate with them. When you will be blocking signals or trolling there will be in game staff that could kick you and how I said in other post, you will be able to turn some rule on and that will be something or the same thing as you pass red signal in scenario, your train will be deleted and you will spawn in nearest station. before your post is post from DTG Protagonist where you have all important info wich is about real multipayer and next time please read all of text, not only first part.
    One more time I am saying that THIS POST IS ALL ABOUT SPECULATIONS and how I AND ONLY I IMAGINE IT or HOW COULD it looks like in THE FUTURE. Note that multiplayer is NOT even on roadmap that means that multiplayer is NOT IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT. I am again saying that before posting comment, PLEASE READ ALL OF TEXT. Thank you all for comments.
    For railroad succes!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. michalcabel.tech

CrazyDash If you have something more like you wrote. Make your own post wich be about how you want multiplayer looks like. This category of forum is all about suggestions.