PlayStation Train Sim World 2 Clinchfield Railroad Has Been Released For Dtg But Never Told Us The Release Date

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by harrisonath17, Mar 30, 2021.

1. harrisonath17

harrisonath17 Active Member

I am confused of when the release date for the TSW 2 clinchfield railroad will come out, because you see DTG had the routes before us for a live stream on YouTube. But for all other players or youtubers are probably might thinking that, DTG or like never going to tell you when the release date for it will come out. Plus on 14th February 2021 there was 4 DLCs announced on for the clinchfield railroad, one for the class 465, one for the diesel legend and one for the arosalinie, and clinchfield railroad was the first one announced and Never told us the release date. (Please DTG!)

2. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

It'll most likely be next week, I'm sure they won't wait any longer. Possibly they found a few problems. I was expecting it to come out this week but they would have given a date if it was.

3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I have also asked on the Suggestions Threads about Canadian National Peace River route. How long does it normal take for things to be ported from PC to the PS4 platform?

4. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Isn't that a TS route. TS routes don't work on console and never will because of system requirements and lots of PC stuff I don't fully understand. But they won't be on console

5. borg#1850

Maybe a TS route but it would be a great route for a console to. I wonder (as an aside) who makes the choices of routes that come out on a console or not. Not sure of the work involved. The Canadian Route was in an email I get advertising a discount and thought that would be good for me :cool:. I did try TS on a laptop some 10 years ago and it did not work, something to do with shading control, so I gave up. Plus with a console you do not have to keep loading new drivers or resetting everything after a Windows update!:mad:

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

DTG have the route before us because they made it. The release date will probably be revealed later today.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG did a preview stream, but they have not stated a release date yet.
    Yes, they announced all the routes they were working on at the time, irrespective of how far along in their development those routes were. Sam has said repeatedly that they have stuck to the general order they wanted to release DLC in in the first place so even if Clinchfield has been in development longer it's likely there's a reason (we don't know about) for that

Train simulator (TSC) and TSW2 are two different softwares, with different development teams for the most part so I don't think it's a case of "which routes come out on console or not", but the TSC team decides what routes they want to make and the TSW2 team does likewise. And let's not forget that TSC has been around for over a decade and has full third party tools so there may be many routes which DTG won't make in TSC because someone else already has

8. borg#1850

Thanks for the heads up, I get everything in the same email and it does not say specifically that it is just for a certain platform. Probably why I got excited and hoped for it on a PS4. Who knows maybe it will arrive one day ;)

9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

No reason to expect a release this week; in the March 23 Roadmap it was listed under "Upcoming," meaning not until after April 6.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unlikely to be this week. DTG tend to release on Thursday and in the UK Friday is a bank holiday so it's not likely to be this week

11. harrisonath17

They did bring us some more announcements but ‘NO!’ They haven’t told you the release date yet

12. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

The core game is ready for the DLC from last weeks patch, rather keen of them to apply it without an actual release date announced.

my premature post last week was super excited to see this and the trophies too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Oh! So they already released the pre-patch for this route? This has me believing that they are taking a few extra weeks to polish and fix any bugs they have come across. This route dlc has the chance to usher in a new era of quality and what we expect from future TSW2 routes. Certainly no pressure or anything!

15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The wait continues. I’m in no rush for it myself because I’ve spent far too much money on DLC recently but I want to see other players having fun with it as soon as possible. A good article though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

no pressure at all :D

enjoyed your thread created elsewhere on this

And indeed we are 1.28 at the moment but 1.27 has support for clinchfield :o

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/clinchfield-sooner-than-you-think.37620/

17. harrisonath17

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. harrisonath17

IK

19. harrisonath17

Me too I really want all DLCs like mega sim or ttg4 so I am just trying to be careful at the minute