Central Line For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Mar 30, 2021.

1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, i was thinking that the Central line would be Good in TSW 2.
    As usual i am going to split this thread into 3 sectors
    Route Description and Services
    So the Central Line runs from Ealing Broadway to Epping. Unlike the Bakerloo, theres a lot of Abandoned Station so DTG Could do some Easter Eggs on those stations and this rout maybe not include the Hainault Loop And/Or The branch up to Ruislip so on that Part is Up to DTG But ont the Locomotives.
    Locomotives
    1992 Stock
    [​IMG]
    These are what are used On Central and W&C Lines
    1962 Stock
    [​IMG]
    These would of run on the Early 90's with 92 stock gradually taking over and replacing these units
    Conclusion
    This route currently uses ATO But maybe the route could be set Pre-ATO operation
    and would be Perfect because it would be like HMA because it's the Second installment of the Underground.
    [And please in the Comment box, Can it be ONLY constructive Critisism and No Childish Remarks Please -Dj]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Meh, as it was stated in the last CL thread, that your suggestion has been noted, there is absolutely no use in open up a new thread on it, causing another annoying arguing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

You miss some important information in particular what period you want the route placed in. You show pictures pre and post the modernisation that took part in the 1990s. To quote TFL

‘Modernisation
    By the early 1990s, the trains and signalling were 30 - 50 years old. A major modernization took place between 1992 and 1995. A total of 85 trains were ordered and were able to operate automatically between stations - the first line to do so since the Victoria line in 1968.

Trying to model it over the transition period obviously would not work as the signaling and trackwork was constantly in flux. So you either go pre transition with the 62 stock or post 1995 with the 92 stock without ATO or use a later date with ATO. Your pictures of the two stock make it confusing as to what period you are targeting.

4. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

And the 1992 stock has coded manual so you can turn off ato if you wanted to and drive the train manually just like how the safety systems on all the trains in the game are off by default which is something you missed in that statement. The sim doesn't penalize the player for not having something like lzb off when in reality it would be on. The player can choose to have it on or off. The route can be set in 2020 or later if you don't like the idea of a transitional period. I said this to you before.

Also I don't get why this was made again if the suggestion has been noted. We don't need pointless arguing

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 so the proposal is for the current day? If so would the stock reflect the new CLIP upgrades?

• Like Like x 1
  6. tallboy7648

That's up to dtg if they make it. I did read about the clip upgrades and it seems it improves reliability, make the trains use less energy and improve performance along with changing the traction motors. The 92 stock to this day still has coded manual which makes sense if the ato failed.

7. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 there are some internal fit changes as well

• Like Like x 1
  8. tallboy7648

9. djhawtin1

I Seeked assistance by Natalie and she said Re-post it and any issues will be Noted

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

As the previous thread was locked, I stated you could create a new thread.

I will try to make myself very clear. There are no problems with this suggestion. The suggestion has already been noted.

If you do not like it or want it then you may express your opinions as to why. Any further posts that are not on topic will be removed from the thread.

If you feel like you are unable to participate in this conversation without an argument, then consider not engaging in the topic.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Medellinexpat

The Central line as previously stated has 49 stations and is 74 km end to end. In fact it’s the longest Tube line. The Bakerloo line that was only added to TSW only a few months ago is 23 km long and has 25 stations. That’s a big jump in project size for DTG. ATO implementation in the period was complex

‘Installation
    ATO was brought into use on the following dates:

Epping to Leytonstone 2001-05-01
    Woodford to Gants Hill via Hainault 2001-05-01
    Woodford bay platform 2001-11-16
    Gants Hill to Wanstead 1999-12-16
    Wanstead to Mile End 2000-07-17
    Mile End to Liverpool Street 2000-02-12
    Liverpool Street to Bond Street 2000-03-22
    Bond Street to Shepherd's Bush 2000-04-05
    Shepherd's Bush to West Ruislip 2001-03-07
    North Acton to West Acton 2001-03-07

In Coded Manual mode the train is being driven by the driver, but the ATP is detecting the codes in the track and restricting his or her actions. The train speedometer (in 1992 Tube Stock, at least) is of the horizontal strip type and shows two speeds - the current speed above in green and the target speed below in orange. Whenever the target speed changes (either at a section boundary or because the code being transmitted has changed) the driver hears a chime - upwards or downwards as appropriate. If the driver exceeds the speed limit for a section, the train will brake automatically until it is both below the limit and the driver presses a flashing "Alarm" button.

In Automatic mode the train is driven by the ATO system. The driver simply opens and closes the doors and presses the twin "start" button when the train is ready to leave the station. All other operation, including stopping the train at the next station, is done by the automatic systems (though of course the driver has to remain alert in case of obstructions on the line, passengers trapped in the doors, and so forth).’

Yes it can be turned off but DTG would need to mimic both coded manual and automatic in the route.

Bottom line this would be a big route for DTG to produce, potentially their biggest TSW effort yet. If nothing else 49 stations is a lot of work (and the OP suggests adding closed ones - of which 3 remain un demolished).

Other than the fact that the Central line is the busiest (and longest) tube line why choose this over the other LT Underground lines that have been suggested? Its no more iconic - at least in this period - than others. Doesn’t the scale of the task make it an unlikely choice for DTG? I would be interested in the OP’s comments about why he chose this line.

12. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and you own this one and GWML you should be able to try two trains at the same time Central Line 1992 stock and GWR Class 166 surprised that they implement this feature at Ealing Broadway. If you do not own this route you can't operate central line stock instead you get a message of you are not authorized to operate the service. Furthermore when playing the game in timetable mode you should get a service that requires a move from Ruislip Depot to West Acton in order to operate the Epping service.

• Like Like x 2
  13. djhawtin1

Or maybe if you own GWE then you get those services, but then it doesn't show up unless you got GWE

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

True but they have modeled lzb so I'm sure they can do that. The coded manual system is effectively like the ATC System on the M7 where the driver has to adhere to the signal speed and if they go over the limit, the emergency breaks will apply. They are known to develop complex systems. And routes are getting longer and longer. The longest route will be 62 miles long and the last 2 dtg dlcs were over 50 miles

15. NoddyMac

NoddyMac Active Member

As I work on the Central line, I would indeed love to see it included in the game with the 1992 stock. It can be and is sometimes operated in CM (coded manual) mode on Sundays in open sections. Whilst the performance isn’t as sharp as ATO, it does mean that it can be simulated in the game and I think it would be a great edition.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

ATO would be more sharper than coded manual since it's all automation I assume

17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

you do have a point there and I do have a feeling there is a bundle for the game that comes with it therefore you would have the majority of TSW 2 players having GWE as part of preserved collection

• Like Like x 1