Questions About 1972 Mark 2 Stock Operations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TahrFantastico, Mar 30, 2021.

1. TahrFantastico

TahrFantastico New Member

Hi, everyone! I'm new to TSW2. (I recently bought TS2021 when it was very inexpensive in a Humble Bundle and almost immediately decided to "upgrade" to TSW2.)

First, before I get to the main question here, is there a more detailed manual for the game that details all of the operations for all of the trains? All I can find so far is the Quick Start manual. I'm playing on PC using mouse/keyboard, if that's relevant.

Okay, so that said, I've mostly got starting the train and driving it down pat, stopping at stations, unloading and loading passengers. However, there are a couple of questions that I have remaining.
    1. In TS2021, I liked leaning out the window to check that all was clear and observing the passengers unloading and loading. It felt a lot like the way I see subway operators work here, and added some realism. It feels like this is possible in TSW2, but I don't know how. I can switch to an external camera, and I think I've at least once opened the windows (although I'm not positive about that), but I can't figure out how to lean out and observe the loading and unloading. Can someone let me know how to do this if it's possible?
    2. At the end of the line, the scenario directs me to put the Traction Brake Control to the Shut Down position, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it. I see the label on the dial legend, but I can't move the lever to that position. It makes sense that there might be some safety control I have to engage/disengage before doing so, but the game doesn't give me any idea what that might be. How do I do this?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if my questions are very basic! It feels like there are a lot of controls that aren't explained anywhere! I'm nonetheless enjoying the game quite a lot.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

I believe there are manuals for each individual DLC on the store page for each DLC, but not one that covers all of them.

1) You are able to lean out the windows by pressing the right arrow key if you are on the right side of the cab, and the left arrow key if you are on the left side of the cab.

2) Unfortunately I can't help you with this one.

3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You set it to Emergency first, wait for the brake pipe to drain, then you can move it on to the Shut Down position.

4. nielsmallant100

nielsmallant100 Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to the hobby! On the bakerloo line, you can lean out using the 3 key in the tunnels, above ground and on all other routes I believe you can use ctrl+1 or use your left and right arrow keys to cycle to views within and around the cabin, among others your leaning view. Hope this helps!

-Niels