Midland Main Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by samuelbrookes1, Mar 30, 2021.

1. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

Midland Main Line

This route consists of the Midland Main Line (from London St Pancras International to Leicester), with a branch to Corby. The train operating companies (TOCs) that run on this line are East Midlands Railway and Thameslink. The route is 104 miles (167 km) in total.

Rolling Stock
    Class 43
    upload_2021-3-30_18-52-7.jpeg
    Class 222 DEMU
    upload_2021-3-30_18-52-36.jpeg
    Class 700 EMU
    upload_2021-3-30_18-52-53.jpeg

Stations
    This line has 33 stations:
    London St Pancras International, Kentish Town, West Hampstead Thameslink, Cricklewood, Hendon, Mill Hill Broadway, Elstree & Borehamwood, Radlett, St Albans City, Harpenden, Luton Airport Parkway, Luton, Leagrave, Harlington, Flitwick, Bedford, Wellingborough, Kettering, Corby, Market Harbour and Leicester.

Services
    East Midlands Railway operate the entire length of the route, from London St Pancras International (high level) to Leicester and Corby, whilst Thameslink only operate from London St Pancras International (low level) as far as Bedford.
    Stations in brackets are where the service would continue if the route were extended.
    The rolling stock is indicated in red.
    The frequency, in trains per hour (tph) is shown in
    blue.
    The time taken (h:m) is shown in
    green.

East Midlands Railway
    • London St Pancras International to Corby 222 1tph 1:07
    • London St Pancras International to Leicester (Nottingham) 43/222 2tph 1:18
    • London St Pancras International to Leicester (Sheffield) 222 2tph 1:03
    Thameslink:
    • Bedford to London St Pancras International (Brighton) 700 2tph 1:01
    • Bedford to London St Pancras International (Gatwick Airport) 700 2tph 1:01
    • Luton to London St Pancras International (Rainham) 700 2tph 0:46
    • St Albans City to London St Pancras International (Sutton) 700 2tph 00:35
    There are additional services that run on this line that I have excluded because of their short length, such as Kentish Town to Orpington, which would only go as far as London St Pancras International on this route. These would be included as AI, but would not be driveable.

I think that this route provides a good variety of services, with express, non-stop services from St Pancras to Leicester, and stopping Thameslink services from St Albans City to St Pancras.

Map
    This map shows the stations included in the route.

The above map shows EMR services.
    The below map shows Thameslink services.
    upload_2021-3-30_19-10-48.png
    upload_2021-3-30_19-12-42.png

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As much as I like this proposal, I feel that 104 miles is a little bit too long at this current time. On top of that, Thameslink are hard to get the licenses for. Personally I would prefer the route with the 222 (EMT), HST(EMT) 377(FCC), with the 321 & 319 (both FCC) being loco DLC, and the route just being St Pancras - Bedford, and East Midlands Trains and First Capital Connect operating the line, and of course it is set in that era.

3. chris-penny

chris-penny Active Member

• Like Like x 1