Other Dtg Store Offline?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by solicitr, Mar 29, 2021.

1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Or otherwise nonfunctional? Have never had a problem before, but this time I made a purchase about 3 hours ago, using PayPal (who definitely sent the money and emailed me the receipt)- but no confirmation email from DTG, no code, no new entry under "Orders" in my account, no nothing.

What's up with that?

2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I had this once and contacted the support. They approved the order and I got my key.
    It happened that I had to verify my PayPal account again because I ordered too much too fast :)

The mail telling me this was never sent out but I was able to see it in the my shop account (I think order history). But didn't know that before. So look there or maybe open up a support ticket, the response time was quick (under 2 hours)

3. Locomotion

Locomotion New Member

There seems to be something wrong with payments using Paypal. Tried to make a purchase during the weekend and failed, although Paypal sent the payment. Contacted Dovetail support and was informed the purchase had failed and got the money back. Tried again yesterday and same thing happened. Contacted support again and it seems there are issues with paypal and they are looking into it.

4. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

The same thing happened to me yesterday. I wrote to support and am now waiting for an answer.

5. hyperlord

I made a purchase via PayPal just a moment ago. After payment and receiving email from PayPal the store showd "Congratulations! The team is now working on your order".

Im my account->order history the just made purchase is not shown.

So I guess I will wait a couple of hours before contacting support ...

6. solicitr

Same as me. Don't expect anything to happen in two hours.

7. hyperlord

Regarding your comment I saved myself time and opened a support ticket just now

8. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

If you have known since the weekend that there are problems with paying with PayPal, I wonder why you A: do not take care of it as soon as possible and B: if there is no quick solution, the payment with PayPal is not allowed for the time being. Because apparently it is not an isolated case that the purchase with PayPal fails. I have already opened a ticket but have been responding to an answer since yesterday evening. :(

9. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

So, Solicitir/Locomotion reports a problem with paypal/DTG yesterday and some people continue using it today without confirmation the problem is sorted. hmmm.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  10. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Perhaps because, before making a purchase that has already been made a few times in the same way, you usually don't dig through the internet for hours to see if there are any problems at the moment. Or do you always look in forums, groups or elsewhere beforehand to see if there is a problem?

11. bluenosenl#2639

bluenosenl#2639 New Member

Just to add I'm in the same boat. New customer on DTG Store. Didn't think I'd have to check their forums to see if it's OK to use the advertised PayPal payment! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. solicitr

PayPal always worked fine in the past. It was just this weekend that something has gone wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Have you already received an answer from support? I have been waiting for a response from support for a good two days. Gives you the feeling that you just want to sit it out without doing anything.

14. hyperlord

Yes I received an answer to my initial ticket and another response to a followup-question I asked, all inbetween 2hours.

Important is a line that they are aware of the problem and investigating. Also, after a period of time the paypal transaction gets automaticly refundet so money is not "lost". When the problem is not resolved during the sale period, you can come with the receip of your (failed) buy attempt and support will give you the product for the price it costed when you wanted to purchase it.

So I'm quite calm and waiting either for the transaction to fail or the keys to be sent out automaticly after the error is resolved...

15. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

The mail is basically waiting to see what happens and first of all leave us alone with your problem, because we are not interested in a solution to the problem. A problem solution looks different. One might have expected that one would either cancel the purchase or try to send the mail with the confirmation and the code again.

16. hyperlord

To me it seems like the payment process-integration (salesforce) is a third party tool and the tech departement has to fix the issue.
    It seems lilke the support can't change the status of those pending orders in any way

17. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

Update:

Now the order appears in my order history as canceled. Would it be good to know whether the problem with paying via PayPal has been resolved or not? Our community manager DTG Natster could find out about that for us. I guess nobody wants to order something and then you don't get any goods.

18. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Hey, unfortunately this issue hasn't been resolved yet - but we do have an update for you.
    Our retail provider Scalefast is working on an upgrade to the PayPal payment method. The upgrade is expected to take place as soon as possible and resolve any issues using PayPal as your payment method on orders placed after the update. Payments by card are recommended until we can resolve this issue.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

20. bluenosenl#2639

Wow. If this is the customer service when trying to purchase...! Just bizarre.

21. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Typical response unfortunately, it's always someone else's fault!

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

All well and good on this Pay Pal issue, I can't even get into the ordering add on area with this being the result. Further it only seems to affect the TS and TSW locations, the other areas listed in the drop down are working.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  23. bluenosenl#2639

Surely the correct way to solve this would have been to email the customers, asked for a copy of the PayPal invoice and send manually generated Steam key(s) in return? Their payment processing company has the money.
    What a weird way of going about things.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

The sad thing about this is not even that others are to blame, but that the option to pay with paypal was not blocked and that the customer service only gave a standard answer. In which the problem with Paypal is not sufficiently pointed out, but that it is only a one-time problem. Now the buyer's money is with Paypal until the cancellation is completed and Paypal releases the money again.

25. hyperlord

I just received my key, hopefully the PayPal issue is sorted out now for everyone :)

26. Locomotion

Locomotion New Member

Got my key as well. :)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Pennywise

Pennywise Active Member

A question for the people who were also affected by the problem that you could not pay with paypal in the Dovetail Shop at the end of March. Were your orders also cancelled? If so, have you already got your money back? Or are you also being stalled by Dovetail's customer service with excuses?

That's what happened to me, for over a month and several emails to Dovetail's customer service, I'm still waiting for my money and being put off with excuses.