Class 21/22/29

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by inversnecky, Mar 29, 2021.

1. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Has anyone come across any of these short lived NBL diesels from any developer? I guess no versions are available anywhere now, if they ever were? (I found some on UKTS, but all old ones for MSTS.)

2998099_1000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

IHH may have done these but I do not have the knowledge to confirm this...

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

IHH did the Western Region 22 but it has no cab and was done as AI
    Screenshot_1 - Test Centre_51.11714-6.22396_12-00-17.jpg
    If you used it as a player loco and went to view 1 there is nothing around you as you float in mid air

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  4. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

There was a class 29 in with the class 26 I think. I have the 26 installed so I will look tonight.

5. ex-railwayman

ex-railwayman Active Member

Yes, IHH did them all, but, they were mixed in with other DLC packs from memory, a ''Green Port Road'' package I think was one of them, but, they aren't available on the internet any more, and neither DTG or any 3rd party developer wants to bother making them so we all have to go without, just like the Class 26.

Cheerz. Steve.

6. theorganist

I think the 29 came with the 26 as I have them both. The 26 is a decent model and sounds good apart from a lack of run sounds. DTG released the class 27 but I suspect won't release the class 26 due to the oft repeated phrase "they look the same", which I find annoying and completely missing the point.

We need a diesel/electric version of Caledonian works. Someone who will release "obscure" diesel and electric locomotives and multiple units.

If IHH were still making content I suspect a lot more gaps would be filled.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Does either of the locos have a Cab?
    The Class 22 does not and you sit in the air.
    Maybe DTG did not release the 22&29 as IHH did not make an interior and there is none preserved to look at

8. theorganist

I haven't tried the 29, I will have a look tonight but I suspect not as the 22 doesn't.

I wouldn't imagine DTG would make the cabs so I doubt they would be released, I queried whether the class 26 could be, although I don't think any of the ex IHH catalogue will see the light of day.

I think a part time builder/enthusiast is the only likely person to release a class 22/29 and make a cab. I assume there must be some drawings or photos of them somewhere. Caledonian works manage with long lost steam engines so I don't think it is impossible but something DTG wouldn't bother with.

9. inversnecky

Considering there’s no end of MUs that look pretty much identical to those not familiar with them, made by DTG, AP, etc, it’s an odd argument.

After all, there weren’t exactly that many classes of diesel locos made.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  10. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

11. ex-railwayman

I have checked the cabs for the Classes 28 and 29 from IHH. The Condor 28 does indeed have a cab interior with dials, windscreeen wipers and lights all working, I didn't check every dial and the cab is very dark inside so i've brightened it up a fair bit so you can see it better.
    The Class 29 alas doesn't have a desk so no dials or levers, but, you can sit in there OK and operate it from the HUD, it is a bit strange though.

Cheerz. Steve.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You think IHH would have done that with the 22 as it has nothing to sit in

13. USRailFan

USRailFan Active Member

Given that there's a fair number of routes the 26 could be usable on (WLoS, WCML North., Kyle and West Highland, possibly even Settle - Carlilsle? it's a bit of a mystery why DTG isn't releasing that, especially if they already own the IHH base model of it...

• Like Like x 1
  14. theorganist

I agree, the class 26 would have been possibly a better choice to resurrect than the class 27 as they lasted a little longer and some received Railfreight sector livery, I think they might have worked a wider variety of routes but not too sure about that.

It is an odd argument indeed. Usually made by those not too bothered about being prototypical, which is fine but some of us like to be borishly so! I don't know if that is DTG's reasons the class 26 wasn't released just surmising!

There were quite a few useful items, the Duke of Gloucester, one of the Port Road packs had a LMS 2-6-4T tank there are no other large LMS tanks for the sim, Crosti Boilered 9F, the class 28, another DMU which I think was supposed to be a class 114 but looks like the class 107 from screenshots I have seen, with a destination box rather than a headcode box (the class 114's were longer), the class 107 which in looks is a good model and would be useful for several Scottish routes. Two cranes if I recall, one a steam crane. Diesel locomotive Kestrel. There was also a class 47 which I have and I would say looks a bit better than the Kuju one with a better cab. There was also a class 44.

15. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I wish we could get a replacement 26. And also a 117.

16. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

17. Cyclone

Ah, too bad not on Steam tho. I know Amazon sells the one from Steam, but apparently only to UK customers.

That said, this one IS free. So I will use it with the UKTS find. Thanks for that link, will get the skins too.

18. inversnecky

I have a 117 that came with the North (West?) Somerset route bought on Steam. Based on Peter's comments on it when I used it in Name the Cab, his version was slightly different.

19. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

20. Cyclone

Cool, can use that instead.

21. theorganist

A couple of comprehensive DMU packs of the more common types at least would be useful. A "suburban" pack for example with the different variants, the class 108 as it was almost as widespread and numerous as the class 101, a class 104 pack for another fairly widespread and numerous type. A Derby Lightweight would be nice and useful for some 1950's and 60's period routes.

Although there might not be too many commercial routes which are obvious choices to produce first generaion DMU DLC for, most routes are modern there are plenty of freeware routes which could use them and so any first generation DMU DLC would most likely be aimed at the more hardcore enthusiast, the sort of person who purchase locos from Caledonian works, than the casual gamer, whose appetite will probably be whetted by the class 101 alone, which means DTG has probably ticked "we have built a DMU" box. AC EMU's are even more noticeable by their absence.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ex-railwayman

I think this is an everlasting problem with DTG, Peter, they don't think about things like this, I possibly have more freeware routes than DLC, from the 1950s right up to the present day, they're all just ripe for many packs of both EMU and DMU's, but, DTG won't make anything in abundance as they don't get any benefit from a route sale to recoup any costs on the multiple unit's development.

The same applies to these older locomotive packs that we aint got in the game, the 'roarers - Classes 81-85' and these old diesels, get Edward Fisk and his chums on the case I'm sure they could sort things out for us veterans.

Cheerz. Steve.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Cyclone

I literally just downloaded a few freeware routes last nite. Already downloaded a version of Devon Rails (now part of a much larger route) that someone has produced 80 scenarios (in 16 packs) for and have to start checking those out eventually, though a few require AP EPs and trains (and I'll have to swap out the 150 in those cases).. So yes, with freeware everywhere for the game, it makes it necessary to produce top-notch content, and at times the freeware is pretty good. So you have to be better if asking for payment. And if it's not worth the $45 (in my case), it will not be purchased. Meanwhile, Marsdonshire is currently 30% off at JT but there's hardly anything developed for it. No scenario packs, nothing. Is it really worth the cost to have something that will be a dead-end DLC?

Meanwhile, JT is extending South Western Expressways to Reading. There is already an expansion to Reading. But we get the privilege of buying the JT one at a discounted price. Unless it adds other earth-shattering updates to the route, I'm not sure if it's worth it. That is how far freeware goes nowadays.

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

My name for Marsdonshire was Mardonsh1te
    The track layout was quite stupid in places, tight curves, a reverse loop at one and and it felt like it was made by somebody more used to model trains that real ones. The route is full of Kuju signals and other assets from that era. The super-elevation was about the only good thing Screenshot_Marsdonshire_54.34140--2.31346_12-37-04.jpg

Screenshot_Marsdonshire_54.01642--2.27083_12-07-59.jpg

Screenshot_Marsdonshire_54.08190--2.36700_12-06-31.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  25. Cyclone

That last picture looks decent. But yeah, the lack of any Workshop content or other third-party content kills the idea of driving there.

26. Justgeoff

Justgeoff New Member

Re The Class 22
    DTG Please take note of the interest in this loco. You have a head start on any other modeller inasmuch as you already have a kit of parts (exIHH)!

Geoff

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2