PlayStation New Ps Store Discounts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by photonmonkey, Mar 31, 2021.

1. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Just noticed today a few more PS store discounts including 20% off Southeastern High Speed.

• Like Like x 5
  2. gittes#8304

gittes#8304 New Member

Thanks for the heads-up, today may actually be a good day to decide what to buy as it's the last day of the March Madness sales and the first day of the Spring Sales :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. photonmonkey

No problem, yes I am thinking of getting Rhein Ruhr Osten as it’s the last day as you say and it’s the only German route I have not got. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I have been playing that this morning, it's a really good route.

There is a bugged trophy on it though - Lightweight Speeds, which is supposed to pop when you take the 422 over 70 kph, but it doesn't.

The fix is to set up a scenario using a high speed route and get the 422 up to about 140kph, then it will unlock.

Thanks to TinTin_57 in this thread for the solution:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/bug-rro-lightweight-speeds-trophy.29424/

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  5. photonmonkey

Sold :D Thanks for the advice, I know it’s a short route but I do like the German stuff to be honest and as it’s half price.....

• Like Like x 4
  6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Excellent! Thanks, also there is 45% off the 31! That's all the content I'm after right now with SEHS :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. madda253

madda253 Member

How is West Somerset railway? It's on sale for 9 quid and class 33 is quite cheap as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thunderer

It's very picturesque and quite leisurely, the speed limit never exceeds 25mph, but it is tricky to drive to keep the speed low.

I'd definitely go for the Class 33 for this route too, it's really well done.

The 52 also has a timetable on WSR, but I think it's wasted as the speeds are too low for what was meant to be a high speed express. If you do want the 52, might be better to get Diesel Legends so you can really open it up.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. madda253

madda253 Member

Thanks for recommendation. Is there anything else to know about the route before I buy it? Is the gameplay varied and have any bugs been ironed out?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thunderer

There a good variety of things to do as it comes with a 47 and 09 (both looking lovely in Green liveries).

I don't know of any current bugs, but it might be worth checking the technical forum if that's an issue for you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. madda253

madda253 Member

Thanks for your help!

• Like Like x 3
  12. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Man, I‘m really conflicted now. Originally wanted to get HMA and ECW (which are both on sale for a few more hours), but now Southeastern High Speed is on sale too!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads-up on SEHS, just bought it!

To the person asking about WSR, it's a very scenic and picturesque route. I can't recall any obvious bugs other than the gradient indicator possibly being inverted in certain areas. I'd recommend it, but you have to prepare yourself for a very feel from most other TSW2 routes. And yes, the slow speeds have a lot to do with this.

• Like Like x 4
  14. madda253

madda253 Member

Thanks for the heads-up looking forward to it! I have bought it couple of hrs ago

• Like Like x 2
  15. madda253

madda253 Member

I am not sure if the issues with HMA have been resolved, namely the additional layers and performance issues on console.

I own east coastway dlc and its a lot of fun. Its got good scenery and the 377 is fun to drive. You get the class 66 for freight as well. I am not sure if you need this to provide freight for SEHS as I dont own that particular one.

• Like Like x 1
  16. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Just checking. If you buy a loco in TSW 2020 does it transfer for free into TSW2. Or is it just the maps?

17. madda253

madda253 Member

It does. However, there is an exception which is NEC and the loco dlc associated with it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Yes it does, with the exception to anything related to NEC.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Gav

Gav Active Member

Right guys, I am going to get either Class 52 or Heavy Freight Pack, which one should I get?. both £5.74, hard to choice, which one is better?. I have £7 in my playstation wallet and don't feel like adding anymore funs at this time. so I have a choice to make, hmmm

• Like Like x 1
  20. photonmonkey

unfortunately there are still no layers so you only get the 2 units included with the DLC and it can get a little choppy at times, that said I still love the route but some people think it is a bit empty without all the extra traffic.

21. box215

box215 Active Member

I def suggest going with the Heavy Freight Pack
    I prefer the Class 40 to the 52, plus you also get the Class 08 if you dont already have it (and 2 new freight wagons)
    Whereas with the Class 52 DLC, all you get is the loco

• Like Like x 2
  22. shhweeet#4292

I’m getting the Class 31 definitely

23. Gav

Gav Active Member

Thank you very much! that was a great answer. I am going to buy that one now then. thanks

• Like Like x 1
  24. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

31 & SEHS Purchased & Peninsula Corridor may have slipped in there too ;)

• Like Like x 4
  25. shhweeet#4292

I’m twitching towards getting SEHS but it needs to drop to around £11 which is my approx default price for maps in order to press buy. So the quite pretty Class 53 as well as the Class 31 for me. 2 locos for just over a tenner isn’t too bad. I’m especially pleased to get the Class 31 in the sale though because Tees Valley didn’t feel complete without it and it’s one of those locos you always seemed to see around and about especially up here in northern England back in the British Rail days. I seem to remember they regularly used to haul freight along the Carlisle to Settle line along with the odd passenger service especially when the west coast main line had a problem somewhere in Cumbria and they needed to detour the electrified west coast trains / locos via the Carlisle to Settle line in order to get around the problem. They also use the West Cumbria coast line as an emergency route as well but that’s not always suitable especially if the weather is bad when the sea waves can crash over the line because of high costal winds. As an emergency diesel was called for the Class 31 often seemed to get the gig if I remember correctly. When I saw a Class 31 pulling an electrified loco and it’s carriages in an emergency I always thought, yeah electrified trains are all well and good but you can’t do without a good old diesel as a back up. As you probably all know neither the Carlisle to Settle or West Cumbria lines are electrified. I also think the Class 31 is one of those locos that just looks right as in it’s not pretty but kind of is. A real classic British Rail era loco.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  26. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up!

I picked up WSR for £8.99. I don't think it'll be a route I'll sit playing for hours on end but for the price, it was well worth adding to the collection.

27. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I think you might be waiting a while with it being such a new route.

• Like Like x 1
  28. shhweeet#4292

Your right but I’m prepared to wait. I’ve managed to acquire quite a few routes fairly cheaply via the sales and buying TSW2020 for a tenner and the TSW2 collectors edition on disc so I’ve more than enough to keep me occupied for a while. I mean I haven’t even tried any none UK routes yet.

29. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

All my Tsw2 purchases have been in a sale :) I have just bought SEHS & had loads of fun last night getting to grips with the 395 Javelin, lots of fun & so many button to press, tunnels to go through & at 225km/h :cool:

I too only really drive UK routes, I've had a very quick go of the German ICE Train, complex German signalling has put me off abit, had a go of Sand patch which was good, I do intend at some point to have a go of the American routes, I got the San Francisco route in the current sale too :)

• Like Like x 3
  30. ottodrivertrain

ottodrivertrain New Member

I was thinking about getting the Rapid Transit dlc but as it turns out, there is a free version of it on the store. I was looking at the forum and it seems its part of the "if you own it on disc you cant download it for free" (this is how i got my GWR on TSW2) but i dont own anything on disc and i cant remember that i got in back in the TSW2020 either.

Might sound silly, but is it ok to get the free version?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  31. gittes#8304

gittes#8304 New Member

If it is not free for anyone else (and it's not for me), then you must have purchased it before, one way or another (e.g. as part of some bundle, etc.). With so many DLCs, one can get confused, for sure.

32. ottodrivertrain

ottodrivertrain New Member

I realise now that I forgot to mention in my first post that I get an option to “choose version”. One is to buy it, for the discounted price and the other is the free download.

• Like Like x 1
  33. madda253

madda253 Member

I originally bought train sim world collectors edition and tsw 2 collectors edition and rapid transit wasnt included in the bundle. I dont remember buying it originally. I do remember finding that there was a free version for rapid transit on the store, like you said there was an option to buy and option to download for free. Maybe I am getting something wrong...

34. shhweeet#4292

I think the first none UK route I will try will be SPG but it might be a while because I’m busy having fun and learning the basics of the game on the likes of Trans Pennine, Tees Valley, ( My favourite era ) WSR, London Tube, and IOW. I really do fancy SEHS but there is no way I’m paying full price for it. Around the £11 mark is more than enough to pay tbh. Seriously expensive otherwise.

• Like Like x 1