PlayStation Trophy Clarification

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by big.dan.1989, Mar 9, 2021.

1. big.dan.1989

big.dan.1989 New Member

Let me admit form the start I made a mistake with trophies before when thinking reaching a driver level unlocks the trophy and it turns out when you complete that driver level is when you get the trophy.

Anyway, this one seems a little more straight forward.
    50 Gold Medals and 100 Gold Medals
    I seem to have accumulated 54 Gold medals in total from training and scenarios and timetable routes. Yet this has not registered as completing for the trophy on my Playstation account.

Has anyone recently achieved this trophy and can advise as to when the trophy is given.
    Is it 50 gold on one route/train?
    Is it 50 gold without tutorials?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if tutorial gold medals count towards the trophy.
    The medals don't have to be done on the same route or train, they can be across all routes and different loco types.
    I got the 50 gold medal trophy about 2 weeks ago (25th Feb) so it does work but I have been driving mostly timetable runs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Correct, it's the tutorial ones that don't seem to count. Every other gold medal in the game should

• Like Like x 2
  4. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Well I have already 114+ gold medals but I don't have the 100 gold medal achievement :(

• Like Like x 1
  5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

How many are from tutorials? Mine unlocked around the 120 mark or so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I haven't re-do all tutorials from the Preserved Collection, so I think around 10.

7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Be patient, the trophy will eventually pop up.
    I recently unlocked the 100 gold medal trophy when I reached 132.

8. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Some trophies are late. Also the Loco-Driver Level 25 popped up at reaching Level 26 for me.
    Better late than never ;-)
    I'm just happy that the 1000 miles (and hope counts for the 10k too) is a cumulative for all Locos. Popped up for me without one special train driving 1000 miles.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but this is also true of the Lv. 50 trophy. Pops at 51.

• Like Like x 2
  10. gittes#8304

gittes#8304 New Member

Out of curiousity, are there many trophy hunters here? Because this game is a nightmare for trophy completionists, I can only imagine how much money it costs to buy each route and loco :D There are currently only 5 people with 100% on psnprofiles.

11. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

I wouldn't call myself a trophy hunter, but try to get some Platinums if it's possible for "normal" guys and not only for hardcore and/or online gamers.
    TSW2 will be a platinum reachable through naturally progress, so I'll try. But route/loco add-ons I only buy if they interest me (for me it's most of the german routes cause I know many of them in reality)

12. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I've got finally the earn 100 gold medal trophy :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

The bizarre thing is that I now have every standard TSW2 trophy except 10,000 Miles, and I'm barely 1/4 of the way there. Not sure who determined these trophy requirements, but playing this game four times as much as I have been just to get the Platinum is a massive ask. Oh well, I'll get there eventually. :D

14. Costpap

Costpap Member

Those are probably the only ones out there. I doubt someone else would spend all of their money and time on getting every single trophy while not having a PSNProfiles account, which is free any way. On the topic of money and time, maybe they haven't put too much effort into the latter, but definitely there's no way to avoid the former, especially if you want 100% completion in the shortest time span possible.

15. gittes#8304

gittes#8304 New Member

Earning every single trophy in that monster of a game (trophy-wise) definitely gives you bragging rights for life. But come to think about it, I don't suppose you can do it without truly enjoying the game, or at least I couldn't, that's for sure.

16. Costpap

Costpap Member

I'd question that, to be honest. When the C40-8W DLC released, I was paying really close attention to who was earning the trophies on PSNProfiles, and I noticed one person in particular earning them at a rate that is way too fast to be enjoyed. When you're constantly racing against the clock to buy and actually earn trophies for all of the DLCs, there's hardly anything to be enjoyed.