PlayStation Rb01 Carriage Collection Class 08 & Rb05 Red Bank Newspaper

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by borg#1850, Mar 26, 2021.

1. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Please can anyone give me any hints on how to get Gold in this shunting manoeuvre?
    Ex BR staff so know the rules and obey them all. but never can get past bronze.
    Ok I know it is more about trains than getting Gold on levels, but blame my OSD (LOL) I want to tick off the high scores on the Class 08. I now have all but two left to get to Gold. RB01 & RB05 so helpful hints please. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Me with a train

Me with a train Active Member

I don’t have the BR heavy freight pack, but it mostly happens on most other short or switching movements in and around depots, most of the time you have to go right to the top of the speed limits to get on time, or, it’s just not possible anyway due to the distance and score you need to get to get gold. It’s probably something that you would want to put on the suggestions forum instead of here as then DTG staff will be able to see it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You may have noticed that the early-morning HFP services are integrated- there are two mini-scenarios in multiple parts going on, using both the 08s and 40s, one involving those 12t vans and the other involving the news train

• Like Like x 1
  4. borg#1850

Yes I have tried the top speed. and rushed everything as best as you can. The biggest problem is sometimes the route is set where to stable the coaches and others it is not, pot luck each time. So I have to stop and check that the route is set. Suppose the only thing is to keep playing it till it is set and I can keep to the timetable. Although it must be a very tight timetable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. borg#1850

Yes I did notice that, though the two I am stuck at Bronze at, are just the 08. Sometimes the time taken to check the points, are set to the right siding is pot luck, pushes the time over the allotted time frame set for the task.

• Like Like x 1
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

To check the points you can pause the game and examine the map from the pause screen at leisure. You can't set them from there, but at least you can tell if they're all good or not.

• Like Like x 2
  7. borg#1850

Actually timings are another thing. In real life when working on the railways there was always recovery time built into any timetable. So you could actually arrive at a station early and have to wait till departure time. There was 5 minutes built into Finsbury Park to Kings Cross you did not need. So you could depart FP 5 late and arrive KX on time ;) I am talking of the 1970's. Not sure if this is still the case.

• Like Like x 1
  8. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

Was doing some shunting today, taking some carriages to Redbank. Their is a red ground signal, that won't let go pass. Any ideas on what I need to do get to green?

9. borg#1850

Try requesting the signal man to gain the route or wait till it clears, another train might be about you do not know of. Also depends what side of the track it is, did you try to pass it and got a SPAD and end of game?

• Like Like x 1
  10. johnny69wells

Yes I did get a SPAD, on bottom right of on ground. How do I request the signal man, when using immersive controls?

11. borg#1850

I am not sure if I am using Immersive or the other type, but I press and hold the left arrow button on the PS4 controller. Then an option pops up, bit like the doors opening and closing on passenger trains. Hope this helps. let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  12. johnny69wells

Thanks Borg got it done.

13. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

In response to the OP, if you are just fishing for a gold in RB01, you can run the locomotive back and forth between the signals in the yard before collecting the cars in order to gain AP for driving under the speed limit. It also seems possible to do the same after dropping off the cut of cars and before stabling the locomotive, and there seem to be some fairly long paths you could take in the yard just utilizing manual switches and avoiding signals. However, I have no idea what you need for a gold. I managed 1800 AP with a few extra trips before collecting the cars, but it was still only a bronze.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Recovery times are still a thing, at least here in the Czech Republic. The fast train I take to visit my parent usually has a train set capable of 160 km/h, but sometimes it gets replaced with an older train going at 140 km/h and that can still stick to the timetable.

The problem is with TSW - the timetable times are auto-generated, resulting in times that are unrealistic to achieve with IRL driving. A lot of S-bahn timetables or the Javelin one on SEHS requires you to either use 100% power/brake all the time or arrive late.
    For example, the Class 395 Javelin has IRL timetable on the St. Pancras to Ebbsfleet section, but the rest of the journey to Faversham is shortened by 5-6 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. borg#1850

Resistance is futile
    The only thing with that is you have not collected the coaches on time, also you will then have not achieved all the timetable times you need to. Though I do like the idea (if it can be used within a timetable) for gaining extra AP ;)
    This is certainly an interesting one but from other posts I have read the timetable is so tight it seems pretty unlikely get gold in this one. Though pleased to be proved wrong by someone, though need the hints to how it was reached.

• Like Like x 1
  16. borg#1850

I found out how to work it out today. It took a while how to see how the route displayed itself (in Purple), but it should now at least help me to know which way the points are set now. ;)

• Like Like x 2