Lack Of Flashing Yellow Signals

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bryer, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the Unreal 4 engine supports the flashing yellow signals, however they are really needed in this game, especially with the "Willy Wonka" style signalman it's currently got.

A flashing yellow should be shown to a driver when they are diverging onto a section of track that is lower speed than the mainline. So many times I've been moved from the fast up/down to the Slow up/down with no actual communication in the way of signals, and I go in 1 signal from 90mph to a 40mph crossover, with only a few moments notice. In reality I should get a double flashing yellow, a single flashing yellow and then a steady yellow with white lights signifying direction of diverge.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

+1
    I like to drive with most of the HUD turned off but there’s now way you’re gonna make those 40 mph crossovers without “Next Speed Limit HUD” turned on.

• Like Like x 2
  3. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The signalling is still broken on the PC version of GWE so I wouldn’t expect a fix or flashing aspects for Xbox anytime soon.

4. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

It's a known fault on the PC version and has obviously been carried over to the XBox. Supposedly the code is already there to implement it but is not being activated for some reason. As with PIS, the throttle issue and six car 166s it's fingers crossed it will eventually be fixed.

It wouldn't hurt to raise a ticket about it as I believe DTG still use the quantity of tickets raised to gauge fix priority.

5. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Will do...

6. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Flashing signals are most definitely possible, RT and NEC both have appropriate flashing green aspects, so it is possible to make that stuff...just not been done, probably because GWE isn’t brand new.

7. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that it was supposed to be working and isn't, rather than it being a case of them not implementing it at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Matt P said in his stream last night they haven't got it working yet... Or haven't even looked at it.

9. RailjetCD

RailjetCD New Member

They should make it possible to turn off the HUD completely off on console to make it more challenging.

10. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Attached a usb keyboard and press F1, tjat will remove the HUD