PlayStation Class 465 Dsd Issue/user Error

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Archytoothis, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Hi all,
    I’ve been doing a lot with the 465 trying out a few scenarios, finding out just how rusty I am after a long hiatus with sims.
    I ran into a problem which only started this evening and I can’t work out if I’m doing something wrong with the DSD or whether it’s an issue others have experienced. I follow what I’ve thought to be a correct-ish procedure when entering the cab as follows: master key > AWS and DSD set to normal > reverser to neutral (cancel the self test alarm) > do all the stuff with the doors > reverser to forward and start moving. However when I go to pull away from a station a beeping starts that is slower than the usual vigilance alarm and cannot be canceled, only when I isolate the DSD does it stop.
    Am I doing something stupid or is something wrong here because I cannot for the life of me work it out.
    Many thanks

2. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

Can you record the game play using the share button to save the last 5 minutes? Sounds interesting.

What happens if you leave the DSD isolated? Sounds like what you would hear from the DSD if you stand up from the driving seat and the reverser is in forward and I’m fairly sure that’s because you’re not depressing the DSD pedal anymore.

3. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Yeah, when I’m sat down and its going off, if I look down at the pedal and “press” it, the beeping stops, but starts again because you can’t keep holding X on the pedal and do everything else! I was under the impression that under normal operation the pedal is always pressed down, then released momentarily to reset the vigilance alarm.
    Although I’m wondering if it may be because I’m pressing triangle to sit down from outside the cab? I’ll try actually getting in the cab and see what happens.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

DRA off??

5. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Yep - sorry missed that out, always switch off the DRA before moving as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

What happens when you leave the DRA/AWS/DSD isolated? Try enabling them one by one to see which if any of these is causing the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Thanks I’ll give it a go when I can next get on the game

8. Archytoothis

Archytoothis Member

Ok I think I’ve worked it out. I played Temporary Contract just now, I first had the issue doing that scenario. I actually got into the cab before pressing triangle to sit down and everything was absolutely fine! I looked down at the pedal at one point and it was in the down position as you would expect. When I was experiencing the issue the pedal was up (as per my initial post, short of isolating the DSD altogether I had to press X on the pedal and it went down and the horrible beeping stopped while I was holding X). It was as if my driver didn’t have his feet on the pedal - despite being sat down!
    So maybe if you press triangle from outside the cab some funky bug occurs, and the driver rests his feet on the console in-front, rather than on the pedal as he should. I’ll keep an eye on things and maybe try reporting it if what I experienced tonight isn’t the case.