I Suggest That We Put De30ac And Dm30ac Loco From Lirr To Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by keeganjohnson3, Apr 1, 2021.

1. keeganjohnson3

keeganjohnson3 Member

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Add more detail like photos

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Here's one of two issues.

1. If DTG were to make a DE30AC or the DM30 for long Island Railroad, a whole new Branch line would have to be made. Those Branch Lines would have to be either the Oyster Bay, Mountauk, or the Port Jefferson branch since the DE30AC does not run on the Ronkonkoma and Hempstead Branches that are in the game and do go to diesel power on non electrified lines and once leaving the electric part of the railroad. DTG at the moment don't want to do route expansions even though one of the top 23 requested things is a extension/expansion for the Long Island railroad with either new branch lines for lirr or a route extension.

2. According to DTG, they can't get refrence for the DE30AC so I doubt we will see them anytime soon

The image of the DE30AC is below my post for those who don't know what it is

Attached Files:

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Port Jefferson Line actually electrified to Huntington since October 19 1970 that means if you own Long Island Railroad New York to Hicksville you should be able to operate a Huntington Service then at Huntington you can take over the DE30AC. Speaking of Montauk Branch there are DE30ACs that run to Patchogue Speonk via Central Branch From Mineola that's 15:15 train at that station Hicksville 15:26. I'll attach the link to the actual time table Montauk branch

• Like Like x 1
  5. tallboy7648

Yes but there are DE30AC services that run from port Jefferson to penn station and vice versa alot

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Well only 2 direct Penn Station-Port Jefferson peak directions...2 in the am to NYP...2 in the pm to Port Jeff......don't know bout alot lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. driverwoods#1787

Port Jefferson to Penn Station cannot be operated by DE30AC since it lacks 750v DC Third rail Top Contact equipment only the DM30AC can operate Port Jefferson to Penn Station direct service. DE30AC needs to end at Long Island City 7 train Vernon Jackson Boulevard since Penn Station has a ban on diesel locomotives. Looking at the current Port Jefferson Branch timetable you should see T transfer at Huntington for services to or from Penn Station . In terms of Train Sim World that means you hop out of M7 & M3 at Huntington then finish the run to Port Jefferson on the DE30AC. Not sure to how the Huntington transfer works from M7 M3 & M9 to DE30AC C3 coach. C3 coach odd cars are the ones with a restroom like the M7 M3 & M9s

8. driverwoods#1787

Take a look at the current time table Port Jefferson Branch. For those Penn Station to Port Jefferson passengers they must transfer at Huntington that has a capital T bolded and Port Jefferson to Penn Station. My family friend who lives in Selden take that one since it's closer to them but they also have a choice of Ronkonkoma Branch Ronkonkoma Hicksville Mineola Penn Station service. Speaking of Ronkonkoma Branch DE30AC is needed to run Ronkonkoma Greenport services since the Main Line isn't electrified east of Ronkonkoma the way to Greenport. Penn Station to Ronkonkoma is 48 miles while it's 96 miles from Penn Station to Greenport. That's approaching sister game train Sim 21 route length of 60-300 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. tallboy7648

Ohh ok

10. MrbKlegend89

I thought u meant alot of DIRECT service of NYP-Port Jefferson...yea usually a transfer at Huntington, sometimes also at Hicksville to continue and few to/from Hunterspoint Av...I know recently they made changes but not much so I gotta see how the recent changes regarding Port Jefferson line look

• Like Like x 2
  11. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I think Dtg would definitely most likely create the port Jefferson Branch because it’s a very scenic route.

12. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Well even without a route extension, we could drive the DE30ACs between Long Island City and Mineola, right? Or do any of them go through Hicksville? If so, that could be added as well.

It could be the same as with the M3 and M7, your play sessiond ends there and the AI takes over and drives off the map. But of course, a route extension would be really nice.

13. driverwoods#1787

There is a problem with the timetable I would like know which is the direct Port Jefferson Penn Station train? Since the timetable doesn't tell it therefore a T is added to the Penn Station Port Jefferson train requiring a transfer Huntington. If you want to play that in train simulator world what would happen is this you actually drive up the M7 or M3 to Huntington where you meet the DE30AC C3 coach operating Huntington Port Jefferson train. On the screen do you want to take control of Huntington to Port Jefferson train yes or No? The ones that only say Hicksville arrive then the depart are blanked out they're the Ronkonkoma Branch trains

14. MrbKlegend89

Weekdays am rush hour is the 5:44 and 7:35am service direct to Penn Station

PM Rush Hour, direct service from NYP-Port Jefferson the 4:19 and 4:49pm trains...those are the direct service of NYP-Port Jefferson service

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

So if train Sim World decides to do Long Island Railroad Port Jefferson to New York Penn which would have Included Hicksville the last station shared by Port Jefferson and Ronkonkoma Branches and timetable changes to accommodate dual mode locomotives on NY Penn Station to Hicksville. While Long Island City 7 train Jackson Vernon Boulevard gets Diesel Service to Port Jefferson. Regarding Penn Station in game M7 & M3 Ronkonkoma Train 2010 departs 16:16 3 min earlier than the DM30AC Penn Station to Port Jefferson 16:19 departure. In the actual game the M7/M3 Ronkonkoma Train 2010 has to be held at Harold interlocking to let Port Jefferson DM30AC through. Fellow forum member trenomarcus made a website for in game service that includes the Long Island Railroad and determine where this Port Jefferson DM30AC train would fit in to the in-game LIRR time table. here is the link to the In game LIRR Penn Station departures https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/location/12 the Port Jefferson DM30AC will fit between the Ronkonkoma train 2010 & Hempstead Branch train 716

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tallboy7648

DE30S to Long Island City are not frequent at all. Yes they do go there but Long Island City Station is more of a railyard than a station. They mostly go to Penn Station. Also you would not be able to change to diesel. LIRR policy states that the DE30ACs must run on electric power when on the electrified lines. If they are not on a electrified line, they have to switch to diesel power. So yes a new branch line would have to be made. The Oyster Bay branch could be the most feasible since after Mineola, the line splits off to the Left to head to Oyster Bay. The Oyster Bay Branch goes from Penn Station to Oyster Bay via Mineola. The distance from Mineola to Oyster Bay is 14.3 miles with 9 stations

17. driverwoods#1787

Should be the DM30AC the 500s since the DE30AC 400s lack equipment for 750v DC Third rail Top Contact. The 500s DM30AC have 750v DC Third rail Top Contact equipment. So it means you must activate electric mode at Huntington for Penn Station from Port Jefferson Oyster Bay East Williston Bethpage Junction for Ronkonkoma Branch Z train service or Montauk Branch via Hicksville Mineola Central Branch service to Penn Station.

• Like Like x 2
  18. tallboy7648

Ah ok

19. MrbKlegend89

I forget East Willinston is the only electric part on the Oyster Bay branch...I know there is a full direct service in the am to Penn and the evening from Penn to Oyster Bay...and if I'm not mistaken, there's actually a M7 or so from East Willinston to Penn Station

20. driverwoods#1787

Absolutely correct and if you are wondering the M7 lacks an announcement for East Williston on the Oyster Bay Branch but Huntington Ronkonkoma Babylon West Hempstead Hempstead Far Rockaway Long Beach and Atlantic Terminal are actually on the announcement system for M7. If Dovetail Games wants to copy real-life LIRR Diesel Announcements the C3 coaches will have the entire Oyster Bay branch with East Williston Montauk branch Port Jefferson Branch East of Huntington where the 10/19/70 electrification ends Ronkonkoma Branch Ronkonkoma Greenport and the whole electrified Network except for Atlantic branch.

21. Louie

Louie Well-Known Member

This sounds like an excellent idea

22. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I hope they’ll add the Montauk Branch to TSW 3.

23. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

i agree great suggestion