Saudi Railway Organization Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by craftyvcreep#8514, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

In total the whole route is 449KM, 279Mi

2. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

You need to give it a rest and just accept that this route WILL NOT happen. You can suggest it if you want but it's very clear that people DO NOT want this route. For ages I've wanted the route that goes past my house and has my local station despite the fact it's on a Main Line, but I've just accepted the fact that it's not likely to happen. The problem with your suggestion is that there will be 1000 routes that come out before it does. DTG have only made about 20 routes in 3/4 years. And they've only done 3 routes outside the main countries. People have been asking for a long time for a Dutch route or an Australian route, and it hasn't happened yet.

The problem with your route however is: first they've got to get a license which may be very hard, then they've maybe got to travel out there for research which may be very challenging, then they've got to make your 279Mi route which costs a lot of money for assets and paying the people working on it, and finally they've got to make a profit, which won't happen. The amount of money they would have to spend on licensing and research would be loads.

The cost of a route that they charge in the UK is £24.99 and, I don't know, lets say 50 people buy it. That will make £1249.50. THAT WILL NOT BE WORTH the amount they spend on licensing, researching, building.

Sure, perhaps the deserts are beautiful. But I am 99.999999999% sure that players would get bored of looking at them on a 279Mi, 3 hour journey

• Like Like x 3
  3. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

so wait they have to get a licensing to make the route ?

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Anything that has "intellectual property" so logos, fonts, names etc can have licensing requirements, and DTG abide by them so maybe not the route in the case of the buildings, scenery etc, but stations, station signs, trains and any logos on any of them, yes

• Like Like x 4
  5. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

all i have to wait until they get a licensing ?

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You really don’t get it do you. Even if licensing wasn’t an issue and you could overcome the political, religious and cultural issues, DTG are not going to make this route. It’s too long, would take years to create in their editor and sell a handful of copies. Please accept that you have registered your interest and let it rest.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ARuscoe

The best way of letting something rest is to not respond to it. The request has been made and if they troll their own post the team will shut it down. I'm sure DTG have noted the subject and acted accordingly

8. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Please can someone lock this thread?

• Like Like x 4
  9. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

umm dude you just said that
    umm dude you just said that

10. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

sorry guys if i annoyed you cuz i was to confused what you guys saying cuz i'm a kid

• Like Like x 2
  11. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

i have to get them a break to make that route, sorry just to make sure

• Like Like x 1
  12. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

DTG most likely noted the suggestion so dtg are aware

13. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Any further non-substantive replies in this thread craftyvcreep#8514 and it will be treated as bumping, which is against forum rules. If nobody else replies it means they're not interested.

• Like Like x 4
  14. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

wait... so the locomotive is not the problem, the map is the problem ?

15. tallboy7648

Yes. 272 miles is pretty long. TSW hasn't even gotton a 100 mile route yet

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

oooooooooooohhhhhh now i get it

17. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

well is it ok if i change the map then ?

18. tallboy7648

Yes if you would like to suggest a different route or different map, you are allowed to do that

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

alright awesome thanks! : )

• Like Like x 1
  20. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

but before i resuggest the route how miles the railway has to be ?
    and i can still keep the idea of the locomotives ?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  21. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I'm gonna just sum this up rq.
    You asked for our opinions
    We have our opinions
    Our opinions aren't what you wanted them to be
    Move on

• Like Like x 2
  22. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

This thread is better than watching Netflix:)

• Like Like x 7
  23. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

Can someone tell how long the railway has to be please

24. ARuscoe

OK, let's put this "more completely"

You can suggest any route you like, but it won't mean anyone will agree, or that DTG will make it
    Routes in TSW2 tend to be between 40 and 75 miles long (including any branches)
    Routes tend to either go between two major stations, or form a "complete complex" like Clinchfield

Routes will still need the license holder to approve any trademarks, logos and copyrights
    Trains will still need the license holder to approve any trademarks, logos and copyrights

Within the bounds of the above you could make a suggestion that would give some benefit or gameplay and people could then discuss, but again with the caveat that they may not agree, like or think it's possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. trainsimplayer

I'll give my opinion and explain this in the kindest way possible.
    You have suggested, which you are welcome to do.
    You asked for our opinions, and we gave them. My personal opinion is, I wouldn't buy this route at all. Sorry but that's my opinion. When people gave their opinions, which you clearly disagree with, take it as a sign. As for the practical side of things. This route frankly, will never happen. 200km+ will probably not happen for years if ever. As numerous people have said above, the middle East is incredibly complicated with political, religious, cultural, societal and other factors. Even if they could overcome all these barriers, 200km+ would take a LONG time to make. and, to be frank, I doubt more many people would buy it. Dovetail have to look at routes and countries where it's A) Easier to get a licence, and easier to model, B) Where people will buy the route (they are still a company) and C) Routes which are popular & possible to make.
    So, to summarise. The chances of this route happening are probably under 1%, sorry to say it.

• Like Like x 2
  26. trainsimplayer

50-60 Miles ideally, 70 at most, but, as we have all said, there is little to no chance of this being made as hardly anyone would buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  27. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong as things may have changed recently - but if I remember correctly Saudi is very strict on admission criteria, for example I don't believe tourists are permitted, and even business travel is difficult unless you are in certain industries. Things are opening up a bit as the Saudi's are trying to get western investment to compete with other nearby states for who can have the stupidest and tackiest megaprojects and actually finish them before they run out of money* - but this idea would be a tough one to make reality.

*Well There's Your Problem Podcast did a good episode about the vanity projects

• Like Like x 5
  28. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

so wait they can keep to make the locomotives, but the map they can't right ?

29. trainsimplayer

I don't understand what you mean? What does "keep to make" mean?

30. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Moderators, please put an end to this...

• Like Like x 1
  31. trainsimplayer

This

• Like Like x 1
  32. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'm leaving this thread open for the time being. Any time someone replies it had better add value. Spamming this thread or bumping it just to get it locked will be obvious, and I'll penalise the person doing so.

In other words, don't post in this thread unless it moves the conversation forwards and is useful. OP appears to be quite young so we're going to cut them some slack. The fastest way for poorly conceived suggestions to drop off the front of the forum is for nobody to post in them.

• Like Like x 3
  33. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

yes

34. ARuscoe

Don't forget the OP is probably not a native english speaker. I take it to mean "So they could make the locos, but not the route [due to licensing issues mentioned previously]?"

As they have mentioned, they are young and to my mind not necessarily understanding of the socio-political and IP legal reasons why there would be issues creating a route in the suggested country

• Like Like x 1
  35. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

There you go ARuscoe jumping to exactly the conclusions any troll would want you to. ‘Not an english speaker’ - well interestingly the poster knows some words like ‘awesome’ which someone without complete command of the language generally would not use. Two, for someone who doesn’t speak the language they seem happy with slang words like ‘cuz’, ‘bruh’. Then add in that ‘oooooooooooohhhhhh now i get it’ is hardly what someone struggling with the language would use - or a online translator would come up with. And how do you know they are ‘young’ - because they told you didn’t they? ‘I’m just a kid’. But let’s let the poster keep taking us around in circles...

36. trainsimplayer

You realise this doesn't help at all. I'm just asking so I could help awnser your original question. "yes" does not help in the slightest.

37. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

well how about they make SRO locomotive DLC from ts2021

38. tallboy7648

What route would the sro locomotive would be on?

39. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

any map because sense you guys don't want this route when i was about to change the map it's going to be deleted for you guys

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  40. tallboy7648

You are allowed to suggest any route or any loco that you want to be in the sim. Mind you some people may disagree and have valid reasons as to why a route you suggest probably can't be made or may just not like the idea at all. As for the length of a route, I say don't suggest something that's over 80 miles. TSW has been out for 4 years and we have yet to get a route that is 80 miles yet. Heck the longest route so far is only 62 miles. Also remember to put what train runs on that route. As for locomotives, you can suggest them but make sure you suggest them for current routes or new routes announced on the roadmap. For example, you can suggest the DB BR 218 to be a loco dlc for Hamburg-Lubeck, maybe a class 165 for Great Western Express, the Allegra for the Arosa Line, the LIRR Bombardier M9 for the Long Island Railroad, a class 466 for Southeastern High Speed as examples. DTG aren't gonna make loco dlc that wouldn't be on the route in reality

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. trainsimplayer

I recommend making a seperate thread for a new suggestion, as this is likely to get lost within this large thread.

• Like Like x 2
  42. tallboy7648

DTG would have the data as to how old a person would be since when you make a dovetail account, you put your date of birth. Sam did say the op is quite young. Kids do play tsw as well you know

• Like Like x 1
  43. tallboy7648

Agreed

• Like Like x 2
  44. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

tallboy7648 of course the dates that people put in are verified accurate. Just out of interest why do you supply long and complex answers including unusual word usage like ‘heck’ to someone you thing doesn’t understand english well? Yes kids do play TSW and teenagers are probably the worst trollers of all.

45. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

now i get it ok thank for your help but one question how long the route railway mile must be ?

• Like Like x 1
  46. tallboy7648

My answers are not complex. Also using heck is not unusual where I come from and I didn't think nor said he didn't understand English well

47. tallboy7648

There isn't a barrier that says that a suggestion of a route has to be this amount of miles. You can suggest any route at any mileage. Heck even a thousand miles. The thing is though dtg haven't made many long routes. Some criticisms of this game is that routes are too short and can be done quickly so dtg are slowly starting make longer routes. So if you suggest a route that is let's say 200 miles, it's probably not gonna be made in the full 200 mile length. The longest route so far is Clinchfield which is 62 miles and that is the first 60+mile route in the game after 4 years of this game's release. So mileage in a suggestion doesn't matter but if you suggest something over 100 miles, it's probably not gonna be made anytime soon. Also dtg tend to make routes in Europe and North America just because it's much easier. There has been some suggestions for routes to be made outside of North America and Europe as well but don' t be suprised if there are more European and North American routes. Just keep my advice in mind

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

so th route miles has to be a little short ?

49. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Why not proposing a riyadh metro route. The lines are about 40 km long, got plenty of stops, the station buildings are quite a temple for subways with unique rolling stock and the subway fans would love it...

• Like Like x 2
  50. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

what do you mean ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.