This Is The Perfect Pandemic Game.......

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chiokehinton, Mar 21, 2021.

1. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

Well, at least last year it was. In a couple of months, we will be at a year. Initially I socred this 7/10 now 4/10. Replay value is super low for me. I dont understand why more effort was not put into the back end of the game to keep players playing. I understand that this game is not as ambitious as NO MANS SKY but, hell this is a niche market that could be capitalized on. WHY NOT????...This was a COVID game for me and I enjoyed it but, its like DTG said LOVE this on to the next LOVE. WHY???? You got a GEM right here. What are you guys doing?

2. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

Hi chiokehinton, we will have more info later this year to share with everyone about what the team is up to. If you have any constructive feedback around the things you aren't enjoying, we can pass that onto the team.

3. stuartmiller07

stuartmiller07 New Member

After FSW and now The Catch, I don't really know where they go with another game that people haven't paid £20+ for in the last 2..

With each game they release and then give up on, they're slowly losing what minimal fan base they have left. Is anyone really going to spend like £30 on a new game from Dovetail, knowing full well they'll just release the same lakes as DLC again, minimal interaction from the dev team, probably bugged lakes or boss/legendary fish. Then to top it all off, within 6-12 months they'll give up on it and tell us about another new exciting project they're all working on.

This isnt a game like FIFA or COD with a multi million player base.. you can't keep bringing out a new title every 1/2 years lol

Stick with 1 game, make it absolutely incredible. There is no decent fishing sim game on the market at the moment, its a completely open genre of game but their lack of commitment to just 1 title ruins it and spreads their player base all over the place.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chiokehinton

chiokehinton Member

SPOT ON! I dont get it either while Im playing the game.......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thorman

Thorman Active Member

The only solution is to make a "preserved collection" like they did in Train Sim World, that's to say make all the venues available in the same game. As they don't communicate at all because you know, everything is a secret it's difficult to imagine the future of their game.

Here is DTG Fishing Sim motto :
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Clarkey

DTG Clarkey Staff Member

As much as we would love to spill the beans whenever we wanted to, it's not something that is realistic. A lot of planning has to go into this sort of thing so we can do things right. We would rather have as many answers ready from the start, instead of telling you all about something that we can't really give you much more info on because we are still working it out.

We know from feedback we got last year that some players have been burnt and that's why the team took a pause on the current games, to give them more time to get into the weeds on topics and issues the community has raised multiple times and to make sure that going forward we don't run into the same problems again.

Finally, regarding the preserved collection, yes this is a nice idea, but the trains and fishing team and two different teams at two different sizes. As the fishing team is much smaller this isn't possible right now.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  7. Stefan Kraus

Stefan Kraus New Member

Bassmaster Fishing 2022 is coming. I hope we can fishing more than bass only in this game. I love carp and river-fishing, but the last game The Catch annoyed me a lot, it still looks unfinished and there are no improvements.
    Please dovetail, add in your new game lakes for carpfishing and a river for Trout, Barbel and other fishes.
    A Bass only Fishing game is good for the USA, but not for Europe Fishing Fans.