Livery Designer Upgrade

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by djhawtin1, Mar 30, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, All of the featured below

60.9%
  2. Some of the features below

30.4%
  3. None of these features below

8.7%
  1. djhawtin1

djhawtin1 Well-Known Member

Hi all, i was thinking maybe a Upgrade to TSW's livery Designer and the following i would like:
    1: Be able to use Decals and choose patterns on Seats and Select, STANDARD, 1ST CLASS, CAB
    2: Change Vestibule Colours and be able to place Signs & Decals on the Inside of the doors
    3: Handrail Colour Change
    4: Leg height colour Change [Like on the 375 where its BLUE below the Table]
    5: Change Carpet Colour
    6: Lavatory exterior being able to Colour
    7: Ability to add TOPS numbers onto ALL trains with compatibility
    8: ALL routes to have Livery Designer compatibility
    9: Text box option so its easier to write on trains
    10: Ability to add and take-over PIS Screens current destinations, So if you Click GWE on an option to change it, it loads up what stations are on the route
    11: Ability to Add PIS Screens onto trains with no PIS Screens by Default
    12: Weathering
    If you want these to come to TSW's livery designer, Like and Vote.
    I was one of the people who originally suggested the Livery designer and was the person to put the Main post onto the forums so this might happen.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Ok some points I'll take from this.
    6. The Toilet isn't accessable. No point (if your staring at a toilet in TSW you might wanna play something else)
    7. TOPS on ALL trains? I'll remind you TOPS only exists within the United Kingdom and it's railways.
    8. Check the roadmap
    9. Unlikely.
    10. What has PIS got to do with a livery? That would essential make it a train editor.
    11. So we just going around adding pieces to the model or what..?
    12. Weathering is very easy to make.

• Like Like x 2
  3. djhawtin1

TOPS is in the UK, but also the normal Registration
    Toilet exterior [ the part you see]
    PIS So if you want GWR livery it doesn't show 'Not in service' it shows where the train is actually going, so it looks realistic
    So say you see a 325 and you wanted to make the 465 a 325 livery on it, you can remove where the PIS Board is.
    same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. trainsimplayer

So, we're just going around deleting part of the model or what?

• Like Like x 1
  5. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I dont think any train company wants to see a picture of their trains getting parts deleted in a simulator game

• Like Like x 4
  6. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

All the things that need doing in the game, Steam, routes in other countries, a better editor and the OP thinks that changing the carpet color is worth getting on the to do list. Incidentally where’s the button for ‘none of these’ or did you forget that again?

• Like Like x 2
  7. djhawtin1

Meddellinexpat, do you have TSW, Do you use Livery or scenario creator, are you a hypocrite

• Like Like x 1
  8. trainsimplayer

The fact you have called two people hypocrites just for disagreeing with you today, yet you yourself always ask for constructive critiscm, yet complain when you get it? And we are the hypocrites. Plus, he is right, Steam, new routes etc. Are much better additions.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Medellinexpat

djhawtin1 yes I do have TSW. On the editor I don’t use it because, despite all its complications compared to the one on TSxxxx it is completely useless. No, I don’t use the livery editor because although others may like it to me I don’t see it as a core part of the game. I’m glad that it exists for those who do use it (even if it does potentially raise licensing issues) but there’s more that needs doing in the game than making the livery editor all singing and dancing - at least at this stage.
    You keep throwing the ‘hypocrite’ word around. Do you know what it means?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

wait what why are you saying medellinexpat is a hypocrite

• Like Like x 3
  11. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

personally, i agree that allot more needs improving on in the game. i'm thankful for that we have an editor but changing carpet etc is all dependant on licensing from the train manufacturer on what they can and can't do. with removing the PIS thing i don't see that maybe happening as that would require i'm sure a bit of change in the code regarding PIS. i feel there is more things that need looking at before they look at upgrading the livery designer. i think probably once the livery designer is available for all trains etc they can go about upgrading what we can do on the designer

• Like Like x 1
  12. djhawtin1

Bold-Exactly, you don't use it, dont comlain on something you dont know about and theres really no complications to it
    Italic- Yes i know what it means, it means you do something and comlain and moan, but you do the same thing, your a hypocrite because you say the community attack YOU and you attack and made spiteful comments to everyone else and people fight back because your so Arrogant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. djhawtin1

well, it really isnt up to the TOC, Its up to the manufacturer, and if its on a custom livery and its got nothing to do with them

• Like Like x 1
  14. djhawtin1

well if you read any other posts or anything he says is Hypocritical

15. Medellinexpat

djhawtin1 why do you post and look for feedback if you then throw a strop all of the time. Saying that I don’t think the livery editor needs more work is not a spiteful comment. You raise all of these ideas (or borrow them from other posters ) and expect people to happy vote them all up? People like you fight back because when people raise issues you don’t have a good response. Why is the ability to change the carpet something the platform needs at this time. Why don’t you focus on those sorts of discussions rather than telling people they are arrogant because for them the carpet color in the livery editor seems a waste of time. A train simulator game, which most people spend time simulating the driving of trains that is the priority, not whether there’s nice shag pile in the carriages.

Definition of hypocritical

: characterized by behavior that contradicts what one claims to believe or feel : characterized by hypocrisysaid that it was hypocritical to demand respect from students without respecting them in returna hypocritical gesture of modesty and virtue— Robert Gravesalso : being a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings : being a hypocrite

You think it means overly critical don’t you....thats hypercritical....

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Before any of those (except text boxes and random road-number fields), what LD absolutely, positively needs is
    1) Layer flattening, to keep layer groups from destroying the 300-layer budget
    2) Personal layer group/decal library
    3) Lighting which matches the in-game lighting

Then there are the usability improvements it would be very nice to have
    4) Numerical inputs for Saturation and Value (and even alternate color inputs like RGB and Hex)
    5) Font support
    6) Fine (1-pixel) control of projection depth
    7) A radial gradient shape
    8) Random-blotch gradients
    9) Vertical streaks
    10) Import from external graphics programs

• Like Like x 3
  17. trainsimplayer

You ask for opinions and/or constructive critiscm, we give it, you can't seem to agree with it, so I suggest not asking next time, to avoid these dramas.
    Thanks,

Me, and probably a few others.

• Like Like x 3
  18. djhawtin1

This thread was OK and actually getting somewhere and now you to Meddelinexpat & trainsimplayer, has got a lot of threads Locked because of your Definitely not helpful replies and spiteful remarks, so please, i am begging you because i don't want this to be locked. So please unwatch and move along :)
    Many thanks
    Dj

• Like Like x 1
  19. trainsimplayer

Well you asked for constructive critiscm and that's exactly what I gave you, you always ask for opinions and that's what I have given. I will unwatch because frankly I can't be bothered with this.

-Tsplayer

• Like Like x 1
  20. Medellinexpat

djhawtin1 you have a far too high opinion of the value of your suggestions. solicitr post on potential livery editor changes are far more sensible and thought out. You insult people, even now in requesting with a smiley face that people unwatch your thread you call the comments spiteful and not helpful. Doesn’t sound like begging to me.

• Like Like x 1
  21. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ve pinpointed this post as the point where the unpleasantness starts in this thread. It’s always the same person starting the unpleasantness and arguing. That same person then complains about the unpleasantness and the arguing.

I think we have finally found an example of a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 3
  22. B3N

B3N Active Member

This was fun reading

• Like Like x 2
  23. trainsimplayer

Yep, as I said, he asked for constructive critiscm/opinions then complains when it isn't what he wanted.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Medellinexpat

Actually DTG don’t want the feedback. DTG Protagonist mailed me ‘just ignore threads that fall short of your standards’

So, I guess DTG just want the suggestions.

• Like Like x 2
  25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Already being done. But it's a long process.

• Like Like x 1