New Jersey Transit Main Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tswgamerts, Apr 3, 2021.

?

Should we beg this for TSW 2

Poll closed Apr 10, 2021.
  1. Yes

77.3%
  2. No

22.7%
  1. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

The line runs from Suffern - Hoboken. We should include all locos. The 2 GP40s, Alp45dp, F40, PL42AC and U34ch. Cab cars are the Multilevel, Comet V and Comet IV an Comet I . We should have the comet V and IV Coach version of them also. For one of the GP40, F40 and Comet V they should be possible for the livery to be changed to the Metro North. All photos are there. I posted a vote on should we ask the company or not. Please vote for support. If someone can ask the company about this that would be awesome. Dovetail games, search up NJT F40, NJT GP40 NJT U34ch, NJT Comet V Cabcar, Comet IV cab car, comet I Cab car NJT Comet IV Coach and Comet V coach. Please vote for support to bring this to TSW 2. 0.jpg Metro-North 6704.JPG IMG_4218.jpg 42ff7b3b12c909a27e187eff646a53ca.jpg IMG_7163.JPG Dovetail games... PLEASE BRING THIS TO TSW 2. Someone tell Dovetail games about this. It will be the first NJT For TSW Series. Use this link for more information about the route: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Line_(NJ_Transit)

• Like Like x 2
  2. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Also search up the ALP 45dp.

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This is another route that can have it's diesel locomotives layered onto NJCL Bay head to New York Penn Station if it needs to come to Train Sim World 2 from Train Sim 21. If you own main line NJ Transit DLC Suffern to Hoboken and the ported TS21 route North Jersey coast line NYP-Bay head in Train Sim world 2 what will happen is this PL42AC U34CH & GP40 becomes Bay Head to Hoboken direct train. While the ALP-45DP with Comet IV V & I coaches becomes the direct Bay Head to New York train a tutorial is provided at Long Branch on how to change Electric mode to diesel and diesel to Electric mode

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Yes! Yes! Yes!

5. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

driverwoods#1787 You are right! We should have both routes main and north jersey coast separately. And on Steam they could be a bundle.
    We also need the Arrow III. Thanks for joining this post!

6. driverwoods#1787

You forgot about Play Station store and Xbox Store because train Sim World being available for consoles too. If Bundled together with the NJCL it will be called NJ Transit Shore to Rockland County because both NJCL and NJ Transit Main/Bergen County lines have a transfer at Secaucus Junction. Meaning if you own both routes then play free roam what will happen is this at Secaucus Junction is that you are able to go from the upper level NJCL to the lower level Main/Bergen lines then take over the AI service that's a Suffern bound via Patterson Main Line or Rutherford Garfield Glen Rock Boro Hall Bergen County line. Basically this will be the first time that Dovetail Games has implemented a route transfer and mirror the real life Secaucus Junction is transferring from the diesel Hoboken Division lines to the electrified former PRR Newark Division lines except for Morris & Essex lines which uses Kearney connection to join NEC New York Secaucus Junction upper level.

7. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Yeah everything will eventually work out. I like that name. Thank you for giving all this info driverwoods#1787. :)

8. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

9. Justin Navarro

Justin Navarro Member

this is a great idea I support this

10. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I highly doubt you'd be able to get them to make a route with five locomotives (two of them in two different liveries) and 4 types of coaches. NJT definitely needs to be featured in the game, but the suggestion should probably go to realistic proportions. Let's say the dual power with a network of two of the shorter lines, another loco with different coaches added later. Maybe they could finally connect routes together and combine an NJT route with LIRR, timetables wouldn't collide, but Penn Station would become super interesting.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. driverwoods#1787

Here's the link for Dovetail games contact https://dovetailgames.com/contact. That means that they want to do this suggestion they have to fly into EWR Airport from LHR then a NJ Transit NJCL or Northeast Corridor train Newark Airport Railway Station to Secaucus Junction upper level where they need to go to the lower level to where the Main and Bergen County lines run. That's how they can bring in the classic Train Simulator 21 NJ Transit lines NEC NJCL Secaucus Junction upper level to train Sim world 2. At the same time they can do Secaucus Junction upper and lower level transfer for NJ Transit Main Line

12. driverwoods#1787

What will happen in Penn Station is something like this provided you own Long Island Railroad New Jersey Transit Northeast Corridor North Jersey coastline and Amtrak Northeast Corridor Philadelphia to New Haven CT if all of them are in Train Sim world 2. Ability to try an entire fleet of New York City commuter and Intercity fleets. Basically the Northeastern United States version of a Hub route which would then become the inspiration for train Sim world route combinations the Rhine Ruhr region routes

• Like Like x 1
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You are getting seriously carried away. You are talking as if this is all going to happen. In fact you are phrasing it like it’s already available. It’s not the first suggestion you’ve done this on. Clam down a bit with all the in depth imagined fantasy TSW and stick to routes that might actually get made. It’s nice to be enthusiastic but you’ve escalated this route suggestion into half the railway in North America.

Don’t encourage people to contact DTG directly for route suggestions, they won’t get a meaningful reply. They’ll be told to put their suggestion on the forum, which the OP has already done here.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Only reason I voted no was because you labeled the vote as 'Beg'.

Begging for a route doesn't help anyone and won't get it made faster.

• Like Like x 1
  15. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Blacknred81 I kinda messed up there. True y'all right. I just really badly want this to come for TSW 2. Since I ride on it to scaucus and to ny penn. Plus some of these locos are not even in ts.

16. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Sometimes like stujoy said, I get carried away. They could be sold separately. I just overall want this to come to TSW 2.

17. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

stujoy thanks for telling me about this. I am new and I don't know anything about contacting DTG. Thanks for the info! :)

18. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It wasn’t you that was getting carried away, it was driverwoods adding lots of other things to the suggestion and thinking way ahead of what might get made if it happens. I was replying to his post.

Any routes that you think you want making just add them as suggestion threads like you did here and DTG will see them. There is no need to beg for help in getting them seen, all suggestions are taken into consideration, even if they don’t get that many replies on the forum. Some routes get suggested more often by lots of other people so people don’t reply to those as much.

• Like Like x 2
  19. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Oh sorry to blame u then stujoy. I sincerly apologize.

• Like Like x 2
  20. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

Also everyone, I made a mistake on the BEG part. Idk how to change it. I got too excited. SInce I am new. lol

21. tswgamerts

tswgamerts Member

We will have to find out what will happen.

22. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling both of us and I actually know the real life operations of NJ Transit Hoboken Division lines because the equipment there often appears on NEC Trenton to New York or Raritan Valley Line High Bridge to New York/ Newark Penn. Based on my observation of a NJ Transit GP40 Comet I-V formation departing Newark for High Bridge in 2006.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

I would like to see any Nj Transit Route in TSW 2 and I also put in the route suggestion forum that they should add the North Jersey Coast line to the game