PlayStation Rivet’s Response To My Complaints Re Arosa

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SBos, Apr 2, 2021.

1. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I complained on their forum about the incorrect timetable making it impossible to run to time and the throttle failing to re-engage and this is the response.

Hi Stephen, we appreciate the frustration - these things do seem obvious, and whilst it's not an excuse, there are literally millions of things the dev team have to develop and get right that would also seem obvious if they got them wrong. We're focussed on fixing as many issues as we can at the moment, but once we've got some breathing room after that we'll review everything that's happened to see what we can do to prevent particular issues cropping up in future releases. Apologies again, please bear with us! C.

• Like Like x 4
  2. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

There are lots of routes in TSW that you can't be on time...

3. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

The timetable on Arosa is completely wrong and does not match real life and it’s the only route, apart from the Bakerloo line where the set up time is insufficient, that I have a problem running close to time.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I'd say there are lots of routes where the timetables are very tight. BUT, that's the difference. On all other routes, if you push hard, you can be on time (with the possible exception of the area and stations around Strood on SHS, but any time lost can be made up).

It's not possible to keep time in Arosa. What's odd, is that some services allow you to arrive within a minute or two at Arosa, but fall as much as 7-8 minutes behind at some stops along the route.

Arosa's timetable definitely needs some work. Hopefully they'll fix it in the near future, as bugs aside, I'm very much enjoying it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I can't run to time in the BR 101 in either NTP or TVL, nor NTP passenger runs with the Class 47: the things simply do not accelerate quickly enough to line speed to get from A to B as fast as the timetable expects (AI 101s apparently accelerate like EMUs). And that's without the additional startup delay from a trip to the rear cab to turn on tail lights and set the destination board.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I get the impression that this is a typical political response to make themselves look good and show that they are listening to customers, but it does not offer any solution to this particular problem.
    I'm afraid it's going to stay as it is :(

• Like Like x 3
  8. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

In fairness to them, someone else sent them the actual timetable and they’ve taken it away to compare. I would hope it’s therefore on their list already

• Like Like x 1
  9. helderbrincolas

helderbrincolas Well-Known Member

Did you play LIRR with ATC?

10. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

In fairness to us don’t you think they should have done this when creating the route?

• Like Like x 1
  11. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

Exactly. A timetable being impossible is easy to identify, and should have been done prior to release.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Yes, why?

13. guardupfront

yep, but they didn’t, so what can we do about that?

Looking at what can be done, someone has sent them the information they need to help them fix their error and now they’ll take that into account for the next set of fixes. Not sure what more you want to hear...

14. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

I’m not looking to hear anymore but you say can be done and I say it should have been done in the first place and nobody should have had to supply such basic information. They need help to ensure basic things like this do not happen with future releases.

• Like Like x 1
  15. guardupfront

Sweet, Then I shall sit tight alongside you in the hope that the fix comes soon!

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If AI in TSW is anything like AI in TSC only the front driving car actually counts as part of the train, so speed boards, acceleration and deceleration are as if there's only one thing there

I usually do these at the first stop rather than the start point, seem to get more time to do so

17. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

lirr

• Like Like x 1
  18. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Like the iow

19. guardupfront