Radio Chatter

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jj-6688, Jan 21, 2021.

1. jj-6688

jj-6688 Member

Driving the sd40 and noticing the chatter from the radio systems is gone... I personally enjoy the feature has it been removed? It would be nice to have across the board on all American stock.

• Like Like x 2
  2. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I believe it’s only featured in the original Sandpatch content. I also enjoy the radio chatter!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

I wish they’d bring back radio chatter too... personally, I think they should add this to all of the routes that have it in real life- just adds to the realism of the sim. As to why this feature was removed, or if they’ll add this to any of the other current routes, I have no idea... would like to hear from DTG on that.

(DTG- anyone on your side care to comment on any of this?)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  4. w.lichko

w.lichko Well-Known Member

Radio chatter adds an entirely new level of immersion for me, it's a real shame it's only present on SPG.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Yea realism is a big problem let’s face it we in 2021 and don’t even have the basics in tsw2 for example working destination blinds on gwr class 166 also no working GSM/R functionality or mocked up cctv or SDO on the electrostars yet go back years and in particular working GSM/R features in even older versions of train simulator

• Like Like x 2
  6. jj-6688

jj-6688 Member

Thanks to all for the replies! I first noticed the sounds missing yesterday while playing SPG.. perhaps it has to do with me having resumed a saved game or something

7. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

DTG needs to fix the volume on the chatter as you can barely here the chatter, or at least make the volume button on the radio work so you adjust the volume yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Just want to agree that the radio chatter is great and should be implemented wherever it's appropriate to do so.

Another example of sound issues hurting immersion- my biggest area of disappointment with TSW/TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  9. olsbyn

olsbyn Active Member

I am resurecting this thread because I wanted to say that though the radio chatter might be gone you can stream live radios in the background, at least for the american routes, nothing is more realistic than real streams, and then you can adjust the volume yourself accordingly :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

I would definitely appreciate the radio in the background to give the experience of driving more depth. As an ex tube driver I feel that the Bakerloo line would benefit from hearing the line controller talking in the background and help me to relive my day working for London Underground

11. RGoodellSr

RGoodellSr Member

I use an app called Scanner Radio Pro on my phone and listen to actual live chatter from both Sandpatch and Caltrain while I'm playing those routes.

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Radio chatter exist still in the game drove an AC4400CW and heard it only thing is that you need to turn on the radio manually

13. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

...you and I think alike- I thought about doing the same thing with my old Icom IC-R20. It’s more of a dual-tuner hand-held receiver, but it scans pretty well too.

• Like Like x 1