PlayStation Why Isn't North East Corridor Part Of The Preserved Collection In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Mar 22, 2021.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I recently booted up Train Sim World 2020 for the first time in ages just to spend some time on this route. Is there a reason why it hasn't been brought over to TSW2?

• Like Like x 1
  2. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I think it’s because of the multiple bugs that route was infested with, and DTG somehow didn’t bother to fix them so they decided to make it part of the NOT preserved collection.:)

3. MetrolinkF125#916

We might see another route like that one in the future, Sam said in a stream that they still have the Amtrak license so they can decide to either remake it or make a totally different Amtrak route in the future, but apparently it’s not being worked on cuz it’s not on the roadmap, but things might change in the next roadmap updates...

• Like Like x 1
  4. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I see. Now that high speed is on the table with TSW2 perhaps we could see the Acela Express?

• Like Like x 1
  5. MetrolinkF125#916

Maybe, if they want to do a “high speed” American route, then the Acela is the best bet at the moment, and we might also have a P42 as a secondary loco to complete the route, for north east regional services, but nothing is currently official right now so we’ll have to wait and see in these next few months.

6. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I want an RTG Turboliner please. :love:

7. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

DTG experimented with different techniques for building routes when they created NEC.

These techniques mean it isn't possible to transfer the route over to TSW 2; it would be quicker to re build it from scratch, which they are not planning to do.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

What kind of techniques? Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody knows, just different to what they ended up using for everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

You're way off from what I remember.

It actually was possible to transfer it over, when they announce preserved collection they stated it would include everything, NEC was planned initially. However this was when the plan was for the routes not to have TSW2 features. The problem is when they changed plans to add adhesion to old routes NEC couldn't be done without major rework to the same level as Sand Patch Grade. So they decided to not do it as a part of preserved collection. And the implication (well at least that I got) was that if they do end up doing it at all they'd probably treat it as a "new" route, not as a part of preserved collection.

Also they never said they'd completely throw away all the assets and starting from scratch, just that it needed a more substantial upgrade. Again look at Sand Patch if you want a example of what they were talking about, they did some nice upgrades to it sure, but it's clearly using the old route as a base. Not that it's a bad thing mind you, even old TSW routes look really good, you don't need to redo them graphically. But using the phrase "re build it from scratch" implies far more than what DTG were doing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, the loss of NEC is still a source of remorse for many fans of American routes. While I guess we can accept the rather vague explanation for its absence from the Preserved Collection, in all fairness, DTG should at least be planning a replacement, using the missing locomotives. But, " if it ain't on the Roadmap"........

• Like Like x 2
  12. xblackwolf90

My post is just a re-quote of ehat has been mentioned in several roadmap streams recently.

It's possible DTG are summarising briefly in the more recent streams whilst more detail has been provided elsewhere in the past, hence you having more detailed information around the reasons for it not being transferred.

Adam and Sam have both stated it would be easier to build the route from scratch than transfer it over on several occasions. Again, this is most likely a very brief summary, and as you have highlighted, assets etc. that have already been created could most likely be re-used.

Regardless, something in the route has meant it hasn't been possible to transfer over the same as the rest of the collection. Your explanation regarding adhesion/TSW2 features would make very good sense, along with the likening to Sand Patch Grade :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. xblackwolf90

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Look at it this way:
    At one point in history nature tried different "versions" of humans, the Homo sapiens and the Neanderthal.
    While the Neanderthal was remarkably well suited for his time and surroundings, as soon as the world around it changed, it slowly died out and the Homo sapiens proved to be more versatile and adaptable.

NEC is dovetails Neanderthal - an evolutionary line that had potential but proved to be a dead end ;)

• Like Like x 4
  15. harrisonath17

harrisonath17 Active Member

I think it’s because when dtg make tsw 2 and add the old routes from tsw 2020 and then turn them all to make it a new dlc for tsw 2, it could be that when dtg download the old tsw routes onto tsw 2 They probably haven’t got enough storage to download the all onto tsw 2 if that might be the case?.

16. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

This is sort of a random question, but how close does this route come to Yankee Stadium? Can you see it in the distance at any point? I actually downloaded 2020 last night to check it out and got started on a timetable that started at midnight, couldn't see a thing. :D

17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

No where even close, the Hudson Line is the closest.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Technically, you should be able to see it from the hells gate bridge when over Randall's/Ward's Island. But not in game.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I was hoping for, that it would be visible even if far off in the distance. In San Jose, the (unlicensed) SAP Center is there, but it sounds like it's a lot closer to the Peninsula route than Yankees Stadium is to the NEC route.

20. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

as Sam has said many many times over various streams when this question is asked the answer is that the way it was built was in a way so different that it was impossible to bring into the preserved collection

21. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

For anyone that has missed the answer to this question.

When the NEC was built for TSW2020 we tried experimenting with the way it was made, some of these experiments worked really well and some not so well. And as a result we learnt a lot.

If we were to preserve the NEC it would mean we were pulling over a route with considerably more problems than we are happy with, and fixing them would take just as long as creating a new route.

To add NEC to TSW2 would require building the route from scratch and effectively starting with a blank slate to make sure it was meeting the standard we now expect from TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Well then, let's go :)

It is a shame that a locomotive like the ACS 64 has disappeared. It is a fantastic locomotive that I miss very much. The sound is great, the driveability with ATC and ACSES... I miss driving it, especially as there is no other locomotive in TSW like it. I would be happy if we could at least see the locomotive again if it doesn't work out with the track.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Keep your fingers crossed for May 4th.

• Like Like x 1