Hma- Tips To Stay On Time For The Db Br 423

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Horizelux, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Good day!

HMA has one of the tightest timetables in TSW2. With the 423, it can be rather difficult to stay on time due to the sheer number of trains running on it. Personally I love the tight timetable, but some may find it a bit too packed. Here's some tips to make sure you can stay on time

1- Open the doors in a timely fashion and close the doors just before the yellow line on the top left of the screen becomes a circle. AKA- close the doors 5 seconds before the game tells you to.

2- When you're around 134 meters away from the stopping point, make sure you're doing 50kmh, and apply 100% brake right after that. You should land exactly on the stopping marker. (The 423 has SLUGGISH brakes, and its a commuter train so no one will care for the vigorous braking)

3- Remember, it's easier to pick up lost time in long stretches of track, than when stations are close together. You may loose time in the Munchen area, but after Munchen passing, you can easily gain lost time as you usually have around a 3km distance from station to station.

A lot of players complain about how difficult it is to stay on time with the 423. These tips helped me out tremendously, I'm sure it can help you too!

Have a lovely rest of your day :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Great advice! However, I always drive with passenger comfort in mind (even though they are imaginary) and I was wondering if applying brakes from 0 to 100% probably isn't the most comfortable experience? Maybe these modern trains are built in such a way that even 100% brake application cushions the ride for passengers in some way?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horizelux

I too bear passenger comfort in mind, it always adds more immersion! Also, the drivers of the 423 in real life do actually slam the brakes to 100%, as said in a stream months ago. It has pretty bad brakes, even for a commuter train ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For other trains with better brakes, it's always more sensible to break gently and in a more streamlined manner. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Jesus, I hope I'm never a passenger on a train you're driving!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horizelux

You haven't seen my magnificent train driving skills where I illegally couple 2 HSTs at Paddington and use the emergency brakes to slow down.

Still better than a bus replacement service!

• Like Like x 1
  6. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

The platform of the S-Bahn is 210m long. I drive up to 300-400m before the beginning of the platform about 120kmh and then brake with 100%. About 50m before the "H" board I stop braking and then just before the "H" board I brake very hard. At the train stations where the "H" board is in the middle, I used to brake earlier. I have no problem being on time and I've never had a problem

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

And since you're on time, the ambulance crews know when to be at the station to treat all the injured passengers.

• Like Like x 3
  8. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

If you think a service brake application would cause injury, you're definitely overestimating the performance of the train...

• Like Like x 2
  9. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

With a short look at Matt's performance at the Munich challenge streams, where he stated, that real loco-drivers have told him, how to drive, he got never over 70% brake and stayed on time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Horizelux

Interesting, I'll experiment more!

• Like Like x 1