Saudi Railway Organization Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by craftyvcreep#8514, Mar 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Look man, you have to understand that this is a suggestions forum. It's just a place for ideas. You can make suggestions of any route you would like, but please keep in mind that at the end, it is just a suggestion. Sure, developers might see it and pick up the idea and make a suggested route later on, but there is no guarantee.

I'm telling you this because it looks like you're waiting for a "yes, we will make that route" kind of answer, but that won't happen. Even if they decide to make a suggested route, they won't announce it until it's close to being released. And as others said, there are various reasons why they think the route might not be possible to make to begin with, but of course, you're still free to make suggestions. Just remember that making a suggestion doesn't mean it will happen, and noone will be able to give you a proper answer whether they will make the route or not.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

And there is the possibility that DTG decide to look into a route but the operator/rights holders are not co-operative. If they say no then the project won't go any further. They note suggestions made here but there are many reasons why a route may not make the cut.

3. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Ok, judging by previous posts on this thread, the distance between these two stations will still be substantial. And that's just two stations. You need to accept that you've suggested, and move on. I can't say it any simpler than that, I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 2
  4. trainsimplayer

You really don't get it, they are highly unlikely to ever make this route, hardly anyone would buy it and it's far too long, with not many stations, and one hell of a lot of cultural, political, societal, COVID related, legal and financial barriers.

5. trainsimplayer

As I said above, I recommend making a new thread for new suggestions, otherwise it will get lost within this thread.

6. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Okay craftyvcreep#8514 , since you seem to be confused, I will reiterate what other players have said.

1) TSW2 will only do licensed trains
    2) Some companies are not willing to allow Dovetail games to use their license, or it is too expensive
    3) currently, the longest route in TSW is Clinchfield Railroad, which has a total length of 62 miles
    4) Dovetail Games will only make routes and loco DLC that they know will be popular and earn them some money
    5) Dovetail Games only makes routes that have a charm or are special, for example they made Tees Valley Line because of the steel industry and it was the oldest railway line in the UK
    6) They will only make a locomotive/train on a route that is currently in TSW, or is currently being developed for TSW
    7) You can suggest any route you like, but don’t be disheartened if other members do not like the suggestion
    8) When posting another suggestion, post a new thread, otherwise it will get lost
    9) In some areas, there may be difficulties (like war or civil unrest), so Dovetail Games may decide not to make a route because of this or ‘hold off’ for a while before reconsidering

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

8. anas.hera

anas.hera Active Member

Sorry mate - the Sauds probably wouldn’t give licensing for a route whose sole purpose is for pilgrimages, therefore it has so much religious influence and DTG shouldn’t go through that much hassle you know.

9. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

As grob-e said, the Riyadh metro route would be a good route for TSW2. Since a lot of people like metros/subways, and many stops, it would make for a decent run. And 40 kms of metro would be great to drive. So if you maybe suggest that route, it has a much higher chance of being considered for TSW2.

Have a good day

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

The Riyadh metro is automated isn’t it? Is this another one we need to turn ATO off?

11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Riyadh Metro is automated. Not all subways are automatic

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. tallboy7648

It doesn't have to be short per say but if you suggest a 100+ mile long route, it won't be done anytime soon

• Like Like x 2
  13. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 not sure how much research you did

‘Riyadh metro presents you with a unified design for metro cars integrated by the latest technology, giving the metro a unique features distinguished by shape & design. It comes to you with a driverless operating system and Central Control Rooms.’

Source

http://riyadhmetro.sa/en/metro/

i am aware that not all subways are automated. Newly built ones, in rich states like Saudi Arabia usually are though.

Actually driverless operation system is a little different to ATO. But not better from the game point of view.

14. tallboy7648

And what is the game point of view?

15. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 a train simulation game that has driverless trains? So the Subway view is that if ATO makes a route boring for some then turn off the ATO. What’s the solution in a driverless train. Get in a seat at the front? Wouldn’t it be easier, more realistic and cheaper just to watch an in cab video of the route? Why when there are so many interesting routes that TSW could develop why propose a totally automated one? Ah, because it’s a subway right, and ‘everyone’ wants more subways. So we can load up the service, any service and watch the scenery go by, the same on every service.

• Like Like x 2
  16. tallboy7648

Well technically the ICE 3 & 3M is a driverless train because of the afb and lzb system and you watch the scenery go by

17. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 but technically for ICE there is a driver, right? And a drivers seat. And things for a driver to do whereas with the Riyadh trains they are ‘monitored’ by a central control room. Anyway I thought you said the Riyadh trains weren’t automated. Have you checked that?

Anyway in these totally automated subway trains how does the scoring work for the game. The service does what it does, you do not influence it. Do you lose points if you litter the carriage with a simulated crisp packet or something - or do you always pick up maximum scores and medals?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. tallboy7648

I said I don't THINK they were automated. I wasn't 100% sure. Learn how to read

19. Medellinexpat

tallboy7648 check before you post and hold your hand up if you are wrong I’d suggest

20. tallboy7648

And learn how to read I suggest

21. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

Keep it down, if you want to start ripping each other's eyes out, start a private conversation.

• Like Like x 4
  22. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

is that from saudi arabia ?

23. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

i'm not going to suggestion to any USA trains cuz usa trains is already on the game

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

well how about sar ? sar is saudi railway company with SD70ACS loco and GPL38-2 loco

25. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

For a Wikipedia search there are two sar lines, both are too long for TSW

26. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

well then nvm

27. craftyvcreep#8514

craftyvcreep#8514 Member

all this because the security on saudi arabia or the sro comapany ?

28. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Yes, Riyadh is the capital of Saudi Arabia...

29. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

I am locking this thread as the discussion is no longer constructive. craftyvcreep#8514 your suggestion has been noted.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.