PlayStation Iow ‘engineering Interruption’ Scenario Has Game Breaking Bug

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ginge420, Nov 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. ginge420

ginge420 New Member

You cannot end this scenario (PS4pro)
    As when you arrive back to the pier it asks for the master lever to be put to off, but there is no option for the lever at that end of the cab (was originally the back at the start of the scenario) - only for the master key to be removed - I understand sometimes it can be fiddly but trust - it isn’t there. You can still go to the back cab (originally the front) and put the key in move the lever on and off.
    I have ran this scenario twice and it’s happened both times, it is possibly worth noting that at the station in the scenario you are prompted to change cabs - I, both times, had done all of it before the prompts,, so maybe that has caused a bug to trigger or something I dunno - but it doesn’t work and that’s all I know haha. Oh also when you change ends it doesn’t change the destination board end - so the front ends up blank which is a bit weird. And when the ai trains pass they have no headlights on. Cheers hope this is of use

• Like Like x 1
  2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Not long ago I explained on Steam how to complete the scenario:

"All you have to do ist just shut down the first cab at the "blockade" and continue in the second cab.
    Because if you reverse and never put in a lever, you can search until the end of the world.

I know, there is no comment to do so but it is the only logic way, no traindriver will voluntarily reverse if there is a second cab.
    If you don't switch the cabs, the scenario generates weird bugs.

Just shut down and switch the cab at the blockade, not at the station and you can finish flawless.."

• Like Like x 3
  3. ginge420

ginge420 New Member

Thank you for the reply, I will give that a go shortly and will confirm on here if it works:)

update — it does indeed work when done as instructed above :)
    although it still took me crouching and putting the torch on to get at the lever, but it’s there now, so every cloud. Thank You

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah sequencer2k16 is correct. I am on PS4 and have done the scenario twice without any problem

• Like Like x 3
  5. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

I switched cabs at the blockade but ran into the same issue. There is no key to remove in the cab at the other end, so the scenario cannot be completed.

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Has the trophy popped for you yet?

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The 'Complete all scenarios"? No, and I doubt it will given trophies are no longer on their attention list

• Like Like x 2
  8. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

There is a solution to this until it gets fixed. If you position yourself away from the master key (around past the driver seat) then move yourself by the back wall, it should work. This means the problem is the option to turn on or off the master key is blocking your ability to reach the lever itself. I hope this helps

9. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I tried this scenario again and followed all instructions (so driving reversed from the reverse point to Sandown). I could complete it and got the steam achievement for completing all scenarios as well.

Still, this scenario is not good. Someone is sleeping. On the way to the reverse point, there is no passenger stop in Sandown, while it would make sense to drop off all passengers there and second driving reverse back to Sandown and switch cabs there is weird as well.

10. xblackwolf90

On PS4, I couldn't complete this scenario if driving logically. i.e. changing cabs when you reach the stop point, and driving forwards into the station. When doing this, the master key vanishes as soon as the doors are locked. I verified this by zooming in whilst closing the doors, and the key just disappears. The train can then be driven even if the master key is set to off.

To get around it, I had to do the usual, and complete every step of the scenario in order, meaning reversing the train into the station. Once the master key was inserted after completing passenger boarding, it remained there until the end when I could remove it.

This particular scenario needs some serious work. As outlined above, passengers should be disembarked before completing the turnaround, and you shouldn't be required to reverse a train into a station when the cab at the other end is available.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Oh. I did it where you changed directions at the stopping point. I feel like they should update that scenario so that you stop at the station on your respected track, or merge onto the right track, unload passengers, then change directions to return to Ryde. It just sounds more logical. It's very easy to be late on this scenario as well.

12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Just tried this scenario. Swapped cabs at Sandown (as per the broken scenario workaround instructions), but when back at the Pier I cannot put the Master Lever into the ‘Off’ position, I can only remove the Master Key.

• Like Like x 1
  13. xblackwolf90

You must follow the scenario instructions exactly, including reversing into the station before changing cabs.

Passenger boarding must fully complete before changing ends. If you insert the master key first, it will vanish when you lock the doors meaning you can't complete the scenario.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thank you

15. BBIAJ

BBIAJ Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for this fix, absolute life saver!

Worked just as well on Xbox Series X, I must have done this scenario into the double digits in Journey mode attempting to complete it!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip as I had to redo the scenario again after encountering the bug.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

I noticed at the start of the scenario that the train destination board displayed 'Ryde Pier Head', despite it heading to Sandown. Completed this scenario and achieved a bronze medal, thanks to all the tips above.

18. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Issue still not solved. I just bought IoW recently and just tried to do this scenario. Didn't look up any info on known bugs as one expects that they would all be fixed by now. But no. I changed ends at the stopping point, because IRL one does simply not back into a platform when you can switch cabs. Got to the end of the run, no master key lever to turn off. 45 min wasted en 8200 AP lost...

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

You shouldn’t have lost the AP. The AP and miles travelled would still be counted.