Cab Controls And Mouse Clicks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dunkrez, Mar 31, 2021.

1. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm in the middle of sorting out some cab controls and I would really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on something I'm stumbling with:

whyowhy.jpg

I've read loads of TS developer docs, and the 3DS Max "Transform Name" is referenced a number of times, but is never explained. Most probably something I should know, but without the transform name being referenced by the TS blueprint editor, the controls won't work.

The plot does indeed thicken though, as for some reason unbeknown to me - the reverser and gear lever work. Partial success is nice, but I'd be happier knowing what's going on so I can link up the throttle and brakes next.

There's a pint in it or a free copy of the tamper for the clever sod that can explain what's going on here.

Thanks!

2. dunkrez

More partial success... the throttle now works, so just the brake to sort out. I'm fumbling around in the dark right now, so to speak, but once I have this figured out, I'll update here for future reference.

EDIT: Brake also works now, happy days.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  3. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

What was the issue - how did you sort it? I've learned from other things it can be worth noting down what you did, if not obvious, so that when the next time such an issue arises, you are not left racking your brain trying to remember how you sorted it in the first place!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. dunkrez

I'm on it inversnecky, I'll be updating this thread with a brief tutorial once I've finished the controls. Thanks mate!

5. dunkrez

So, if you have a control lever that's small, and an awkward shape, do the following:-

1) Create mesh over lever (rectangular box will do - cover lever entirely)
    2) Assign invisible shader to new mesh
    3) Attach new invisible mesh to lever

Issue resolved. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

• Like Like x 2