PC Another Real Driver’s Feedback.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ghawk2005, Apr 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

DTG’s refusal to deal with this is frankly appalling and how on earth this got released without being tested properly is mind boggling.

0A7C7C0E-9538-4A33-8A61-4CADCA04ACE8.jpeg D7BFD6AD-FE38-4EA4-9853-6DF0C97023A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Frankly appalling? I wouldn’t say these particular issues are that much of an issue in the game. Which bit do you want DTG to deal with?

It might be great for a real train driver to start with all the safety systems on but for the players of a game who are at various levels the safety systems are prohibitive. It’s no hassle to turn them on if you want them. This isn’t going to change and isn’t an issue.

The way the dispatcher clears the signals is slightly different in different routes. If we’re talking about GWE, it’s unlikely to be changed now. It’s not perfect but it doesn’t really affect how you play once you know how it works in the game. Hopefully the dispatcher is improved for future routes.

Reducing the power of the 166 a huge amount now will break the timetable and DTG are not going to redo the timetable for GWE. Making all the tasks in the game unachievable is a much bigger problem than the train being a bit more powerful than a real train driver would notice, so they can’t just reduce the power due to that. For those players who know it’s overpowered, the simple solution is not to put it in max power. Work out what notch gives you the right performance and don’t go over it. You’ll be late at a lot of the stations but it’s the best you can achieve as the timetable is based on how the train is depicted now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

you can’t just use less notches than real life because that would be even worse. What a stupid idea. The thing has 7 notches so the character for acceleration with each notch would still be wrong.

Adjusting the acceleration is not hard to do. I spent hours tweaking TS2021 stuff when DTG as usual messed it all up beyond recognition. Now we CAN’T EDIT THE PHYSICS OURSELVES, we are left with a half arsed team that don’t care about realism. I am not suggesting they re-do the timetable as the times are more than enough to achieve a decent schedule with correct acceleration.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words. I’m the North West’s leading self appointed idiot. I might put that in my signature.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hoagy

hoagy Member

The pomposity of someone who feels the need to tell us "BMus (Hons) DipABRSM MISM Royal College of Music trained" in a train game forum...

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Locking this as it's a duplicate thread and I have responded in the other one.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.