PlayStation Constant Looping

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Leandersons#1952, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Leandersons#1952

Leandersons#1952 New Member

I know this has been mentioned many times before, but I can't get over the fact that all of the routes I play have some sort of obvious looping in the sounds that totally ruins the immersion and gets on my nerves all the time. I know it's mostly a preserved collection issue but I've definitely had it on sand patch grade, and obviously many many more routes. Also considering the recent lack of mentioning of this, is it still a problem for other people or is it just me? Are there any fixes for it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ferriso2001

ferriso2001 New Member

It isn't just you...
    I would have thought that a fix for this would represent a top priority but no, it looks like we have to put up or give up. Like you mention, 'it ruins the immersion', but never mind, the train for the preserved collection has left the station.

3. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Its on everything, even the ambience sounds in the background. I reported this multiple times. Heres a small compilation that I made on my PS4 PRO.
    Bad looped sounds on console

4. Leandersons#1952

Leandersons#1952 New Member

Has anyone got any sort of way to temporarily improve it, or do we just live with it? I'll put a post in technical reports and hope that gets seen by someone, but I still have my doubts that this is not going to be fixed any time soon/

5. Gav

Gav Active Member

Yeah the looping is really bad and its not just preserved collection, its on all the routes. But some are worse than others.. the sound is not good in general in this game, its very dull, they need some serious sound experts to make the game a lot better. 99% spent on how everything looks and 1% on how it sounds I think

Most routes you can't hear anything on PS4 Pro because of the fan.

6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

There isn't a temporarily solution to improve it. It has been reported way too many times (especially by me lol).

If you hate it, just turn the volume off.

Isle of Wight is maybe the only route in TSW that has decent loopings.

7. robertnederstigt

robertnederstigt Member

Just turn on the music when you are a train driver, pretty sure a real driver does that to

8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Eh, I don't think so. You always need to be focused on the tracks and always get what happened in the cab. You can be easily distracted with music.

• Like Like x 1
  9. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

This was mentioned in the stream yesterday, and Adam is looking into it. This seems to be a console problem; it doesn't affect PC

10. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

It is, but somehow IoW is the only route with decent looped sounds. (Only sounds that the train makes)