Seven Valley Railway Potential Add On For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by james.lea2007, Apr 5, 2021.

1. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

Please can you add the seven Valley railway into train sim world 3
    The route is 16 miles long it has a fleet of steam and diesels and i think when steam trains come into train sim world 2 i think this will be a good route to have steam trains in.
    The reason I want this in the game is that we need more heritage railways in the game the trains i would like to see in the route are 34027 taw valley a pannier tank and 75069 the diesel trains i would like to see in this route are a class 50 and a class 42 warship and also a class 35

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

What is the Severn valley railway? Why should it be featured in TSW2? What’s so special about it? Is there a Wikipedia page for it?

3. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

Its a heritage railway

4. formulabee#1362

Ok, and why should dovetail games make it?

5. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

Because it is one of the longest heritage lines in the UK and I think tsw2 needs more heritage railways in the game

6. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

The issue with heritage railways is speed. They have 25 mph speed limits in the UK. As a result much of the equipment is very underutilized compared to their capabilities. And bumbling along at 25 and under on short routes, this one is 16 miles, isn’t always that interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  7. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Agreed, Heritage Railways are nice, however don't offer much in terms of simulation.

8. formulabee#1362

And there is only one heritage railway that has an exemption- the Great Central Railway (Leicestershire), which is the only double track railway and has a maximum sped limit of 45 miles per hour for normal passenger trains and 60 miles per hour for private trains. Personally, if there were to be another heritage railway coming to TsW2, I would want it to be the GCR, once the Northamptonshire and Leicestershire sides have reunified

• Like Like x 1
  9. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

IIRC the Severn Valley is very finicky with regard to licensing. When it was done for MSTS, only one developer (Blue Arrow) was allowed to produce it under very strict conditions. I think that might even have extended to no freeware versions either. Personally if we were to see another heritage line in TSW, something like the East Lancs would be more attractive.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. formulabee#1362

What strict licensing conditions were blue arrow under?

11. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

They could still add it in even it is 16 miles long

12. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

Its in train simulator 2021 so they could add it in to tsw2

13. formulabee#1362

dovetail games will only do licensed content for TSW2
    People hate low speed limits
    Also they only licensed a private developer, who has not done anything for TSW
    Also look at the story of the west Somerset railway, many people say it’s not their favourite route because of the low speed limits and how it drags on

• Like Like x 1
  14. OldVern

I can't recall the exact history (over 15 years ago) but basically BA had exclusive rights to produce the route and its motive power, thus stamping on any other party doing a version.
    In passing, I'm sure I've read several heritage railways are quite fussy about their name and branding being represented, fairly certain the Bluebell and NYMR were amongst them.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

They added the wsr in so what is issue with adding another heritage railway in the game

16. formulabee#1362

Many people don’t like the slow speed limits, many players say that it’s not their favourite route, im fact one of their least favourites. Another reason is the how it drags on, making the experience very boring

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldVern

It's not so much the 25 MPH overall speed limit, it's the constant reductions to 10 MPH or even 5 MPH for crossings etc., to comply with the "Light Railway" requirements. I think if we were to see another preserved railway in the game, aside from the ones I mentioned more likely to be one of the Welsh narrow gauge lines though unlikely to come before steam (traction) support is a reality.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Medellinexpat

james.lea2007 yes they did add WSR and it was good that the genre - heritage railways - was added. Heritage railways allow DTG the trick of having older locos and stock in a modern setting. Modern set routes should be easier to make. You can see my comments about the slow speeds and general lack of activities are shared by others. Why do you think another UK heritage route would be popular (sell well)? Perhaps if there was another Heritage Railway it should be in say the US - for example the Grand Canyon line?

• Like Like x 1
  19. OldVern

Minus the bit where they stage a Wild West raid on the train and effectively mug punters for their money, or so I’ve read on Trip Advisor! Something like Durango and Silverton would be good but again dependant on getting steam traction in the game and of course licensing. It did occur to me one of the reasons heritage railways may be less than keen on seeing their operation simulated, is that some potential visitors may choose to stay at home and run the simulated version rather than visit and pay money to travel on the real line.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Medellinexpat

You would think that copies of the route would have been good sellers in the Heritage Railway shops but of course you also need the base game and these days we have moved away from physical copies of the software.

21. Matthew Wilson

Matthew Wilson Well-Known Member

Northamptonshire??? I think you must mean Nottinghamshire LOL.

The SVR also used to have an exemption there, not sure if it's still valid, the Class 175s did their mileage accumulation there with a max of 50mph in places and they recently tested the brand new Class 69 loco there too.

• Like Like x 1