Roadmap Update - 6th April 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Apr 6, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Roadmap060420211920x1080.jpg
    Read the article here.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 20
  2. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I'm guessing there should be a link to the Rail Fanfest schedule where it says [LINK TO SCHEDULE].

• Like Like x 7
  3. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Good world map why is Sam and Adam doing it at 7 instead of 8 20:00

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fearmeister

Fearmeister Member

Hello new RT timetable.

Wonder if it'll include a whole slew of new German locos that were released since RT came out

• Like Like x 10
  5. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Curious to hear whether the new 2021 Timetable for Rapid Transit means we'll be seeing a tad more traffic on the route?

Also, slightly worried there's no mention of audio fixes on RT and MSB, but that might be one of those unlisted things grouped together in the "over 150 fixes" text.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Can you explain why the roadmap is more cluttered than ever?

Supposedly you cleaned up and put all the nitty gritty in a forum post, but it appears the bins have emptied themselves onto the roadmap again!

Additionally, putting fixes onto 'Removed from roadmap' Specifically the LIRR fixes is confusing as they aren't really removed they are completed updates that are still on the roadmap under this: [​IMG]

Having them in the removed section makes me think that these updates aren't being worked on. New content doesn't appear on the roadmap in the removed section so I don't think these should either.

One last comment, why hasn't there been a LIRR route update yet? There were several spaces in March where there was no new content, why not then? Additionally why is it acceptable to miss out ECW departure boards and then not provide them as a priority update in the next patch? Why do we have to wait so long for updates we know are done and aren't going to get touched again?

Sorry that this isn't really a nice post, but I am looking forward to Clinchfield!

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. kuchen0125

kuchen0125 Active Member

Trainman525 Learn to read! Read the text that is up there!

...crazy

• Like Like x 5
  8. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

"On the subject of Long Island Railroad the upgrades are held up due to a packed testing schedule in April."

Does that mean LIRR is coming in May or later and MSB and RT after that?

• Like Like x 1
  9. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

Do the updates to RT include a new Journey? I thought it was mentioned on an earlier stream, but it's not mentioned explicitly on the roadmap.

10. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

couldnt agree more. all these improvement should be coming out when we are waiting for the next dlc to be released i like qc/qa but now its taken way long. road map does look a mess this week

• Like Like x 5
  11. nberneck99

nberneck99 Well-Known Member

No new American passenger trains on the horizon:(

12. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Question for the stream - how challenging is it to equip the 20+ km section of track between Lepzig and Bitterfeld with LZB?

• Like Like x 2
  13. jthornalley

jthornalley Member

It used to be 20:00 UTC but now 19:00 UTC. This is because the UK has switched to BST meaning they went forward an hour which means in the UK it will be still be 20:00 when it is on.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  14. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

When is PIS coming to ECW!, it's been in upcoming for 4 MONTHS!!!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

I have read, there isn't space to test LIRR in APRIL. The fixes were completed in February. I understand that the updates are all compiled into one point and that they are under the removed from roadmap because they are under one section. New content doesn't get to release and then go into 'removed from roadmap'. I am not crazy thank you very much, it is actually quite rude to assume I am for stating an opinion.

The roadmap is too cluttered... Again.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

We've been waiting for the next bunch of routes since Christmas.

22 December roadmap
    "We will also be adding the next routes, locos and other add-ons that are planned over the course of 2021."

12 January roadmap
    "With this Roadmap we're approaching the mid-cycle point in our Add-On releases. Typically, we decide five or six Add-On releases at the same time, then stagger that development to start once the current schedule has completed. The mid-point in one set of releases tends to be the point where the new add-ons are chosen. To that end it won't be long before the next collection of routes and locos find their way onto this schedule. "

9 March roadmap
    "We're entering a very busy period of the year for new releases. Arosalinie, Clinchfield Railroad and Hamburg-Lübeck launches all coming up soon. After these releases the teams will start work on their next projects and we'll be able to detail what you have to look forward to over coming months."

23 March roadmap
    "Our last Roadmap update for March and we're just a few days away from the release of the Arosa Linie from Rivet Games. Hot on the heels of our visit to the Alps we'll then be heading to the Clinchfield Railroad. This will then let us reveal the next routes and add-ons in development as they're in the final decision-making phase at present."

6 April roadmap
    "If you're after an early look at some of the new add-ons we have coming up please be sure to join us for the Rail Fanfest [LINK TO SCHEDULE] over the weekend of April 10th and 11th where we'll be showing some work in progress shots."

How about you stop teasing and promising us stuff, and just give us the list of upcoming DLC like you said before Christmas? Yes I'm annoyed. I want some DLC to look forward too, and since you said it was a yearly thing to pick a bunch of routes to work on, I had expected them either the last roadmap of 2020, or the first one of 2021. But every roadmap since has been a dissapointment in this regard. DTG has been teasing so long, it actually turns more into bullying IMO.

• Like Like x 30
  17. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

All the things that were "removed from the roadmap" have been completed, right?
    Very happy for the Rapid Transit and Main Spessart improvements.

Question for the stream, is the sound getting fixed for all BR185s (185.2 Railion and DB, 185.5), 146 and the 182 as well, or are the fixes limited to the MSB locos (Railion 185 and BR146)

• Like Like x 1
  18. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

The news of the April roadmap is not so exciting, and hope that the situation will improve in May.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Ah, so that's where the RT and MSB audio has gone to. I'm confused. Part of the RT and MSB updates are listed in the Upcoming section, the rest in the Removed section (without clear indication if they've been succesfully fixed, or being removed unfixed).

Does that mean we'll get two updates for RT and MSB? First the one of the updates in the Removed section, later followed by a second update of the things in the Upcoming section?

• Like Like x 1
  20. nberneck99

It’s been over a year since we’ve gotten any new North American routes, allbeit clinch field and cane creek are on the horizon, but it’s been almost two years since and American passenger route. In fact we’ve lost one (NEC) I get that the pandemic has made research difficult but they’ve shown they can do just fine with other routes around the world, why has North America been left in the dust?

• Like Like x 4
  21. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Don't. The hope will only dissapoint you. I had hope since Christmas and it didn't turn out well for me.

• Like Like x 6
  22. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping the sound mixing on the db br 143 and 155 gets fixed soon, it's been broken for waaaay too long and there's been no mention of it at all.

The LZB on the 182 is fine but a bit of wasted effort as it doesn't run on any routes with LZB anyway. Now only if RT got updated with LZB too...

• Like Like x 3
  23. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, preservation crew hasn't had any focus on Ruhr-Sieg Nord yet.

• Like Like x 1
  24. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Am I assuming correctly that ECW ECW won't get its upgrade until the release of the 313?

Nice work on RT, looking forward to the new timetable. I hope it gets released within the next months...

• Like Like x 3
  25. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I think we need to update the roadmap, changing the title 'upcoming' to 'Stuck in Development Hell'

• Like Like x 12
  26. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

I know, I just hope it doesn't take too long. RSN is an amazing route and the sounds kinda ruin it at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

For the stream: What can we expect from the new RT timetable? Only changed times or some presence of new trains (maybe even from different routes)?

From what I know we can have some freight running from Leipzig Messe further north and vice versa, but without the Leipzig Hbf itself being modelled (which it isn't) that's about it for additional services. With it, we would be able to add a nice chunk of REs, ICs and ICEs, none of which use the tunnel though. Maybe an opportunity for AI traffic though. To make the route a bit busier.

• Like Like x 2
  28. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Funny that most of the stuff in production is 3rd party items now, only 2 locos and a route in production from DTG, one of the locos already has its stats in SteamDB. Its blatently not true but they want to hold back and announce it with fanfare etc and so on... :( I would just like a name of a route or loco really...

• Like Like x 3
  29. johntay

johntay Member

Totally argree with you the roadmap this week is in a heck of a mess. Dont think they should put fixed stuff in the removed from roadmap as i even thought for a second that they were removing stuff that wasnt worked on.

Should only put tuff that they cant fix or work on in the removed section so we know they have taken it off and are not working on it.

Dont know why they have to wait till a Tuesday before a realse to to realse updates there is another 6 days in the week that they can put out updates.

• Like Like x 6
  30. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It's probably safe to say this weekend will be what you want.

• Like Like x 2
  31. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

We’ve not lost it. It’s still in TSW2020 where it always was.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’m not a religious person, but good Lord above, will I live to see the LIRR updates? They seem to get further away with every roadmap release.

• Like Like x 9
  33. nberneck99

Yes but it was never ported into TSW2, so will never get any improvements etc.

• Like Like x 1
  34. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think this roadmap is messy? I found it pretty straight forward. The removed from roadmap section is correct, these things were removed from the roadmap as per the text, and have been summarized into LIRR improvements.
    But I am a bit disappointed that you still for some reason cannot disclose any information on upcoming content. You teased it back in december, that is more than 3 months by now. If you were planning to hold back information for some sort of train festival you could have told that to begin with instead of saying "sorry to disappoint, but NEXT week we can finally show our new stuff" for several weeks...

• Like Like x 9
  35. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Indeed, especially since you're telling us you're showing "in progress screenshots". So it is already in production. So it should already have been on the roadmap.

Sure, I get that you sometimes want to keep stuff secret while in production and like to surprise us with a big fanfare, that's where things like "[Core] Train Sim World 2 Update" comes in. That's fine. No problem.

But not the next bunch of DLC. You've been hinting at it 'coming soon' since Christmas, since deciding on the next bunch of DLC is apparently a yearly thing, you said. It's been 3 months now, and it's still 'coming soon'.

This teasing turned out to be bullying, if you ask me. It's not fun anymore. Every roadmap since Christmas has been a dissapointment in this regard, and that should be the opposite of what you're trying to achieve.

"If it's not on the roadmap, it's not being worked on" should also apply to announcements. Don't tell us the next bunch of DLC will be announced soon if it really is not 100% sure it's actually being announced soon for real. Oh, and stop using "soon". Give us a date, or give us nothing. "Soon" only leads to dissapointment.

• Like Like x 12
  37. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

I just want to know if the new American road is playable with the Raildriver. Otherwise I don't buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  38. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Two points, I agree that they should say NOTHING until they know they can actually talk about it,
    and if not knowing about an upcoming release brings you disappointment surely you need to have a look at your own mentality?

• Like Like x 2
  39. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Should be noted in the release stream on Thursday

• Like Like x 2
  40. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I know. I should have expected less from the roadmap updates. I guess I may be a bit too passionate about this hobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

When the next ecw update happens

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  42. George1862

George1862 Active Member

When does railfan tv release

43. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not sure

44. Allan

Allan Member

Wow no news of new routes?? That’s disappointed

45. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Another roadmap with no new routes, only thing I’m interested in really. See you all in two weeks time for some better news hopefully..

• Like Like x 6
  46. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Yes? This roadmap is a little confusing but from my understanding we should get two big updates, one for MSB (+sound fixes) and one for RT (better sounds from the SKA Talent 2). Today's update was only for the core game, Arosa and HRR. I'd guess the german fixes will be released for the Ham-Lub pre release update.

47. sdc

sdc Member

Question for the Roadmap stream:

When is the Platform Departure Boards for East Coastway being added has it’s been in upcoming for a period of time?

• Like Like x 2
  48. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Over 150 changes coming to some preserved routes, wow! Sounds exciting, I’m glad DTG has put effort into updating these older routes!

• Like Like x 3
  49. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

Another Question for the Roadmap Stream:

What does
    • ★ [Improvement] [RT] New timetable based on 2021 data
    mean in particular?
    Will there be new layers like a 146, 425 or ICE. Even though Leipzig Hbf isnt modelled, there was/is an ICE service irl that uses/d the City Tunnel, or some ICEs stop at Leipzig Messe if there is an event going on.
    And for a timetable in 2021, the new Station Leipzig Essener Straße between L-North and Messe is missing.

Or will there "only" be a tighter service pattern with the Talent 2, wich would be great as well.

• Like Like x 2
  50. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I hope fixes for Arosa are in the works.

• Like Like x 1