Confusion About What North London & Goblin Add-on Includes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fdor_20, Apr 6, 2021.

1. fdor_20

fdor_20 Member

i am Confused about what North London & Goblin Lines Add-On Includes, the description says that the route comes with some scenarios, but none of those scenarios are from the older north London lines only route add on, but if i understand correctly getting the North London & Goblin Lines Add-On flags your account with owning the the north London lines only add on. So if i was to get North London & goblin addon i would only have scenarios for the Goblin and then not be able to get the scenarios for the north London line And as the account is now flagged as having the north London lines addon there is no way of getting the scenarios that came with the older north London only route add on unless you can download them somewhere. And if i was to get the North London & Goblin Add-On will i be able to use scenarios made for the north London only dlc.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you were to get the North London Line you would be able to use the 7 Scenarios that came with it on the North London Line - not on the Goblin as they don't cover that section of the route being formed of 378s

3. fdor_20

fdor_20 Member

i was wondering if this https://store.steampowered.com/app/500211/Train_Simulator_North_London__Goblin_Lines_AddOn/, included scenarios for the electrified lines with the 378, or if it only includes scenerios for Goblin with the turbostar, as it includes the north london lines aswell

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you read down the page you linked to it says
    Included Trains/Locos
    BR Class 172 ‘Turbostar’ DMU in LOROL livery
    BR Class 378 ‘Capitalstar’ EMU in LOROL livery​

If you look at the manual - link on the RH side of the page - it tells you about the scenarios and the traction
    It is not worth also buying the normal NNL as you would get 7 different scenarios but nothing else

5. fdor_20

fdor_20 Member

Okay i see, so do you know if there is somewhere you can download the scenarios that come with North London line for the 378?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

7. fdor_20

fdor_20 Member

8. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. fdor_20

fdor_20 Member

10. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Here's how to look at North London Lines and the Goblin Lines. The following links show you what is in each package.

North London Lines
    Goblin Lines

If you are observant, you would notice that the North London Lines Content & Manual is not bundled with the Goblin Lines, but you get the North London Line route with the Goblin Lines. Meaning you will have North London Lines ticked off as owned but never be able to get the scenarios. This is confirmed here.

So the procedure is at follows. Either buy North London Line first, such as the North London Line Collection (which includes the Freightliner Class 70 Loco, Class 86 Loco, Class 325 EMU, and DB Schenker Class 59/2), then buy Goblin Lines. Or you can buy the Goblin Lines first and send Support a memo that you are unable to "buy" North London Lines because it shows as owned (verify first). Include your updated app manifest file from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_24010.acf in the latter case. You will be granted the North London Line Content and Manual for free because of their inept packaging abilities.

I have told DTG that they need to repackage the route to include everything together and they will never have this problem. The same problem happened with South Wales Coastal when it was out, and that was my first case of this problem when I was grabbing the route before it vanished from sale in its branded form. Today's version includes all scenarios.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead Well-Known Member

If you're not bothered about the London Lines Scenarios, just get North London & Goblin Lines... makes for a neater menu. You'll end up with the same route(s).

I have North London & Goblin Lines 2017-2018 as well... no idea where that came from LOL

There's also a backdated version on Backdated Train Sim.

12. Cyclone

Note: the backdated version requires the original route, in case that question comes up. No idea if it means the branded or unbranded version, but since the asset pack is fairly similar, I presume either.

EDIT: I confused this with SWC or Welsh Marhes or something from another thread discussion. Disregard this comment, but for continuum purposes, I will not be deleting this post but showing people do err from time to time. :D

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  13. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

I have NLL only but want GL... Dunno if I can get GL on its own...???

14. Cyclone

Goblin Lines only comes with NLL bundled. I think NLL is integrated into the route such that it's difficult to separate.

Here's what I mean. The Goblin Line itself is from Gospel Oak to Barking. The North London Line itself extends only as far as Stratford. However, the Elizabeth Line connects Maryland, right beyond Stratford, to Forest Gate, merging to Woodgrange Park and eventually to Barking. The map in the manual is not clear about that, so here's an addendum:

goblin.png

Meanwhile, the West London Line is not pictured. Let's look around. There is a connector from South London Network to Kew Bridge. The manual includes the Kew Bridge junction in the map of North London Lines. Here is the connector from Putney:

wll.png

By the way, that's not in the route as sold. That's an extra route whose ends are represented, but the path in the middle is not represented. Here is a link to a uMap where you can actually move around and explore. I've put West London Line in the middle (it's part of the Goblin Lines tag, naturally, as is Richmond at the other end), and if you look down at Clapham Junction, you'll notice you depart from it as a terminus heading NORTH, then take the left to get to the line. In other words, that yellow line entering from the right above.

This requires details. The cyan blue line closer to the top is the TSW2 Great Western Express, which is also represented by the other line as Great Western Mainline (Oxford to Paddington), a TS original. Both segments of the Goblin Lines route cross it, and merge at Willesden, which is further along the line from Richmond. They then cross West Coast Main Line South, which BTW still has a 5.3 version that was done as freeware a long time ago, but has payware requirements; a nice 46 scenario pack uses it, all using the 375/377 EP from Armstrong Powerhouse among other trains and reskins. (Note this freeware version is a different one than the DTG one and does not come with the Pendolino, 221, 377, or the others.) The sharp right to Kensal Rise follows, and you can follow the manual from there to Gospel Oak, which is part of both maps and connected by the first image above.

Going south from Clapham Junction, you can see the path to Putney not covered. The two lines branching from there are the ones in the second image above. I wish they just finished the drive to Richmond, but maybe someone else has already created this extension in the same way the Fife Circle Line now has Edinburgh's suburban route as a freeware attached to it at ATS, and will eventually continue to Stirling and beyond.

Hopefully this explains why it's impossible to separate North London Line from the Goblin Lines. As you see from these two addendum maps above, the two new sections in the Goblin Lines are connected by North London Line. You cannot have the full network without having the part in the middle.

My point remains: if one wants the scenarios, find another bundle using the route separate from the Goblin Lines, or - if you got Goblin Lines first and own everything in the other bundles, or don't want everything in the other bundles - ask DTG about the scenario pack and manual. If you don't care about the scenarios - and many do not - then just download all the user ones you can handle. Maybe someone will do a remastered version of the NLL scenarios like someone did with the Welsh Marches and you'll get those for free anyway. Typically not a problem because you have to have the route - and thus, the original scenarios - to take advantage of such a thing, but this would literally be a case where you are not given scenarios you should, in my view, be granted, so this could become one of those really oddball things that might not be liked. DTG really ought to fix the package.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

What Branding do you refer to?
    The 378 in both packs and the 172 in the NLL & Goblin both have TFL branding
    You can see this by looking at the pictures of both routes on Steam
    The Goblin line is called North London and Goblin line and apart from the extra track from Gospal Oak to Barking there is also the section from Willesden Jn via Kensington Olympia to Clapham Jn which is missing of the stand alone NNL

16. Cyclone

I think I confused this thread with one talking about SWC. I was referring to SWC, which is actually completely unrelated. Disregard that.