Go Transit Route On Oakville Subdivision!

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by shanksnstuff, Apr 6, 2021.

1. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

I hope you guys enjoy what I have created using the livery editor/scenario planner. I hope Dovetail considers a GO route in future... maybe this'll help sell them on it. I created eastbound and westbound GO services on Oakville subdivision from West Harbour GO to Oakville GO. Each scenario currently has two GO consists based on real timetables. Liveries I currently have made are: GO engine 666/667, GO cab 252/256, GO bilevel coach (old livery), and GO bilevel coach (new livery). The majority of the photos are taken driving GO engine 666 (the most metal loco of the fleet) on an early morning commute from West Harbour GO in Hamilton area eastbound towards Toronto. Enjoy my "Beast to the East" gameplay photos taken on PS5! Scroll for more... There isn't much else that is possible using the existing game assets but I'm impressed nonetheless.

TSW2GO-1.jpg TSW2GO-2.jpg TSW2GO-3.jpg TSW2GO-4.jpg TSW2GO-5.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

TSW2GO-6.jpg TSW2GO-7.jpg TSW2GO-8.jpg TSW2GO-9.jpg TSW2GO-10.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

TSW2GO-11.jpg TSW2GO-12.jpg TSW2GO-13.jpg TSW2GO-14.jpg TSW2GO-15.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

TSW2GO-16.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

I did discover one technical issue and this is when loading the Caltrain consist with liveries. I have conveniently hidden this in my previous photos. :cool: In the photo below, I am in my westbound scenario where the cab is driven but when this consist is loaded with liveries, all of the assets point forward so when the scenario loads both the engine and coaches get turned around. When starting eastbound, the engine and coaches will be oriented correctly but the cab car is reversed so that the marker lights cannot be seen. This orientation problem only happens when liveries are loaded. Please fix this DT! ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. dea0024

dea0024 New Member

Very cool like it , even if they were just ai trains it would at least bring some life to this subdivision.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

I was thinking of adding some CN freight traffic in there too to see what happens. Would be a lively bunch of track then!

• Like Like x 2
  8. shanksnstuff

shanksnstuff Member

I will very likely be creating more GO content and am already refining liveries I have already made. I might even make legacy GO locos (such as the F40PH and F7A). The next livery I will make is of the MP40PH-3C pre-refresh since these are just as common and deserve some screen time. If anyone has any suggestions, I will consider them.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  9. TheShotte

TheShotte Well-Known Member

I love this. Funny enough, this was one of the reason I bought the MP36. Anyway, what's a prototypical list of stops on a run for one of these on the CN route? Maybe we can get DTG to spawn passengers on those stations.

10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent Pictures of Go Transit Lakeshore West Oakville. Dovetail games can do this By reskinning Caltrain MP36 Baby Bullet F40PH and the Bombardier double-decker coaches into GO Transit paint and for a Retro Pack Clinchfield Railroad F7 Reskin into GO Transit paint with the proper era coaches. Assuming that Dovetail Games gets the proper License to add GO Transit. Regarding Oakville GO Transit the Amtrak Maple Leaf stops there from NY Penn Station and Poughkeepsie Metro-North Station via Niagara Falls Albany & Syracuse. Once DTG Brings the Hudson Line from Train Sim 21 to Train Sim World.