PlayStation Differences Between Tsw202 & Tsw2

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by borg#1850, Apr 5, 2021.

1. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Have been playing trains this afternoon and found a few differences. The heads up display being one of them TSW2020 has the ammeter as it is normally, where as TSW2 has a bar gauge. I have not checked but is there an option to change it back to the "Old" way :).
    Also when you pressed the large pad in the PS4 hand console you got the track plan and the timetable on the side with TSW202. Were as TSW2 you have to press the pad twice and it rotates between them.
    I suppose the problem always is with the consoles you only have so many buttons to use and assign to things.
    Slowly building up my points from switch from TSW 2020 to TSW2. I lost all my trophies, though it has been good to start again and see if I remember where items are.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

There's no way to change the HUD to the TSW2020 version.
    I've found on TSW2 that it's one short press of the touchpad for the map and a long press for the timetable.

Also, TSW2 is a completely new game, not an update so trophies wouldn't carry over.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thanks Nick. Yes I realised that the trophies were lost, just gives me a chance to do them again :) Though I have played some of them again and again. I note that one of the scenarios on timetables is now at night (It was in the day time, Shunting Vans to the shed) is there away to change it to day time or is it locked? I know you can change the weather. I just find that at night everything is so black (Ok I know its night time) but I find it really hard to do anything.:(

• Like Like x 1
  4. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

I started with TSW1 before moving to TSW2. Is there any advantage to getting TSW2020?

5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

Tsw 1 is tsw 2020 but if you have the routes for tsw 2020 get on sales so sometimes mean in a sense you can get preserved collection stuff for tsw 2 cheaper

• Like Like x 1