Daily Objectives Where You Could Earn Free Rewards

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by james.lea2007, Apr 6, 2021.

1. james.lea2007

james.lea2007 Member

I think this would be good because you could have all the routes you own and have certain challenges to do on the route and if you completed the challenge in the amount of time given you could get a free reward e.g a locomotive or a route

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I don't see this quite happening just giving away free routes or locos in sales point of view your going to lose money I think maybe more of an example would be something like a more improved mastery challenges where you get free livery decals

3. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I think daily or even weekly challenges would be a good incentive for people to keep playing, although I'm not sure what the rewards would be. Locking routes and locos behind them seems like a bad idea, DTG would never do that as they wouldn't make money off of them then.

Perhaps special liveries would be a good idea? Say you did a a few challenges in the HST, you could eventually unlock classic liveries to use like Intercity Swallow or the (more accurate for the route) Purple and Pink First Great Western livery.

So special liveries are one idea, another could perhaps be extra scenarios? Say you got a gold medal on all the available scenarios for one route, you unlock more? That would definitely maintain interest in routes so players don't abandon them. Speaking personally, I've barely touched the Bakerloo line and LGV Mediterranee after completing all the scenarios for them. Timetable mode doesn't quite offer the same complexity of some scenarios.

Special backgrounds for the menu would be another great reward. It would definitely require less work to implement and would still be a decent reward.

Of course, TSW Mastery is kind of like what we're suggesting, but from what I've seen of it, it's pretty barebones. There are still only the three base TSW2 routes for it, the challenges aren't particularly exciting and the rewards are somewhat underwhelming. I think some good challenges could be along the lines of "Arrive at your destination no more than two minutes late" or " Drive from Paddington to Reading in under 25 minutes".

I'm not sure DTG would want to do any of this though, I would imagine it would take some time to implement, and they definitely have other goals in mind right now, namely fixing bugs and creating new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F-Block

F-Block Well-Known Member

The problem is that the people making the rewards for TSW don't know the ins and outs of the routes and trains they are working (or not at all) on and thus resort to some really really boring stuff like complete X services or drive X distance with the rewards being livery decals and route scenery which then is underutilized and only for the base routes, not even for legacy content that already has scenery already finished (see Mastery)! I even liked the idea of the diaromas from TSW 2020, but those were removed with TSW 2, I think Trainz has a whole menu background customizing system if I'm not mistaken.

rant end​

So how are they suposed to come upt with stuff on a weekly basis?