Washington Dc - Baltimore Route For Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Amtrak_Fan, Apr 7, 2021.

?
  1. Would love to see it

2. Would buy it on sale

3. No thanks

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

I just got the Washington DC - Baltimore Route for TS 2021 and I fell in love with it. I was thinking that since there's a lack of Amtrak routes and loco's in TSW 2 and the routes are smaller in TSW 2 than TS 2021 that this would be a neat little addition.

The passenger Scenarios could have the ACS-64, and Acela do multiple runs back and forth.

The freight Routes could include whatever freight trains go through the route.

I just think it would be a neat addition for TSW 2

• Like Like x 6
  2. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I got the TS Classic route because of Acela but had a visual glitch in the cab where I'd look back with my TrackIR and the rear wall would be missing. I'd love to drive it in TSW2 - it is total perfection in every sense and I almost love it as much as Japanese trains.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Agent Qracle RUS

Agent Qracle RUS Well-Known Member

Lets waiting some Amtrak route first)

• Like Like x 1
  4. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

I'll admit North America isn't exactly my niche, but I'd love to see Amtrak added.
    Especially now that they're the only main country in the game without a high speed route yet.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

If they did this route it would be very cool if they extended the route south out of DC a bit. It would be cool to bring one of the services from the south into DC and conduct the locomotive swap from Diesel to electric. I know for sure the Silver Star and Silver Meteor both do this coming and going through Union station.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There is the Alexandria Union Station, which is about 8 miles from Washington Union Station. There is also the possibility of adding CSX's Benning Yard, which bypasses Washington's Union Station and reconnects to the NEC just outside of Washington, the line is about 7 miles long.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Amtrak_Fan

Amtrak_Fan Well-Known Member

Great idea! That way the route could be a bit longer and have for freight opportunities like yard work and all that.