PlayStation Brakes Won't Release At The Start Of Standedge Struggle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by james64, Apr 7, 2021.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Another day, another unplayable TSW2 scenario. First my issues with the Bakerloo line now this?

When prompted, I put the brake lever into release, however despite hearing the sound of the brakes releasing, nothing happens. I've tried it several times and the brake pressure dial (I believe that's what it's called?) either doesn't budge or goes down only to then go back up despite me leaving the brakes in the running position.

I'm fairly certain I'm not doing anything wrong, I haven't gone beyond the tutorial on the Class 40 but I'm pretty sure the brakes work the same as they do in the 37? Help would be greatly appreciated, for once I just want to complete a full journey lol.

EDIT: I think I was just having trouble accelerating due to the wheelslip combined with the heavy train. I've finally managed to get it moving after being more careful with the throttle. Ignore this post.

SECOND EDIT: Seems like I'm not OK after all. After getting the train to a blistering 12mph it seemed like the train applied the brakes by itself, and I stopped again. Once again, I cannot release them. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I don't know what else to try.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  2. hoagy

hoagy Member

For what it's worth, I've not had this problem. It takes a bit of effort to get it rolling, and make sure you're not going > 20 mph until the back end is past the junction you start at.