Xbox Bakerloo Line Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by A Big Chungus, Jan 15, 2021.

1. A Big Chungus

A Big Chungus Active Member

Hi there, currently having a issue where at any random point on the bakerloo line, my train will just randomly lose power once braking and can no longer accelerate, meaning my train becomes immobile. I have tried resetting the brakes and train, but neither gets it going again. I haven't stopped on any dead zones, or opened any windows. I've seen a few people on the forums with similar issues, but can't find a solution, so I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greb

Greb New Member

Same issue here- the experienced 3 times when trying to complete 2010-07 Harrow and Wealdstone - Elephant and Castle.

3. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Are you reloading a saved game?

4. A Big Chungus

I've tried loading saved games, it still happens. I've tried restarting the timetable, and it still happens. The odd thing is, is that it is completely random timing. I've had it right at the start at the first station, then roughly during the middle of the service. The most frustrating is 45 minutes into a service , as it just feels like a complete waste of time.

5. A Big Chungus

This is where I first started experiencing the issue, and now it occurs no matter what service I choose.

6. jasonpfc

Never load a saved game, this causes the service to brake, pretty much instantly.

As for starting a new service, and it happening randomly, I haven't yet had the experience, and I've done every service.
    Only thing I can possible say on that is, could you be stopping on a neutral sections of the track?

7. A Big Chungus

I'm sure I'm not, as I say during any service the train will lose the ability to accelerate. The brake pressure drops and nothing I do will raise it again.
    I tried following a guide on YouTube, where they show you how to perform brake tests, safety features etc. and it still happened. Driving along, brake to stop at a station, then the accelerator will no longer work. Performing a train reset does nothing, and the brakes will not charge.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Same here

• Like Like x 1
  9. Greb

Greb New Member

Aaaand it’s happened again.
    Reloaded saved game, (2010-10 Elaphant and Castle - Harrow & Wealdson).

Resumed the game just outside North Wembley , stopped fine, loaded passengers and then proceeded to South Kenton.

Brake level 1 to a full stop, Loaded passengers, closed the doors and its dead.
    All doors closed as the red square has disappeared, but nothing happens when I apply power. Not stopped on a break in the line either.

Interestingly, the train started to roll backwards *up hill* at 0.1 mph when I released the brakes!

10. gittes#8304

gittes#8304 New Member

Sadly, a few months later and the issue has not been fixed. I'm on PS4 but don't want to start another identical thread - the 1972 stock randomly loses power and that's it, 40 minutes into the service. I'm not 100% sure but I may have reloaded from a save prior to the incident. If the trick is never to reload from a save, I'll remember not to do it in the future but it feels that the matter should be properly resolved, it really sucks to waste time when you only have so little of it.

11. jasonpfc

I think it is the saving/reloading option, for me the save function has never been stable, even on tsw 1

12. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I disagree- it happens to me on 'clean' runs with no saving.

13. jasonpfc

Must be something new then, not one did I have the 'stop dead' issue

• Like Like x 1
  14. RotorHed

RotorHed Member