Route Suggestion: Amsterdam Cs - Amersfoort

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by davidus#4217, Apr 7, 2021.

?
  1. Yes inmeadiatly

95.7%
  2. Yes, but only when it's on sale

4.3%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. davidus#4217

davidus#4217 Well-Known Member

This route goes from Amsterdam Central Station to Amersfoort Central Station. The route is about 45km long (28 miles) and features places like: Amsterdam Central Station, the Naardermeer (Naarden lakes), typical Dutch polders between Baarn and Amersfoort and some typical Dutch stations all along the route.

Overview:
    Amsterdam CS - 0km
    Amsterdam Muiderpoort - 3,7km
    Amsterdam Sciencepark - 5,1km
    Diemen - 6,6km
    Weesp - 13,0km
    Naarden-Bussum - 21,9km
    Bussum Zuid - 23,6
    Hilversum Media Park - 26,8km
    Hilversum - 28,2km
    Baarn - 35,5km
    Amersfoort CS - 44,5km

Vehicles:

Preferably i'd add almost all Dutch trains, but since this won't happen I've chosen two trais that fill almost all the services along the route.

ICMm - The ICMm serves the "Intercity" services along the route, these trains go from Amsterdam CS to Enschede in real life but on the route they will finish in Amersfoort.
    The Intercity trains wil feature on this route as the Intercity from Amsterdam to Amersfoort, only stopping at Hilversum along the way.

SLT - The SLT serves the "Sprinter" services along the route, "Sprinters" are the Dutch version of regional trains, they stop at all the stations. This train will feature in multiple ways.
    1. A Sprinter from Amersfoort to Amsterdam CS stopping at all intermediate stations along the way.
    2. A Sprinter will go from Hilversum to Naarden-Bussen without stopping along the way. In real life this is a semi express service between Utrecht CS and Almere Oostvaarders, it will join the route from the Utrecht side of Hilversum and leave east of Weesp at the rail intersection for trains towards Almere.
    3. A Sprinter from Hilversum to Weesp, it will stop on all intermediate stations along the way. In real life this train goes from Utrecht CS to Hoofddorp, it joins the route at the Utrecht side of Hilversum and leaves the route at the rail intersection between Diemen and Weesp.
    4. Lastly a Sprinter that goes from Amsterdam CS to Weesp stopping on all intermediate stations along the way. In real life this train goes from Amsterdam CS to Zwolle CS. It will leave the route at the rail intersection east of Weesp going towards Almere.
    Pictures of the route and vehicles:
    [​IMG]
    Baarn Station

upload_2021-4-7_21-30-42.jpeg
    ICMm

upload_2021-4-7_21-29-33.jpeg
    SLT

upload_2021-4-7_21-31-56.jpeg
    Amsterdam Central Station

I hope this route get's noticed by Dovetail and that they do something with it, the German and British routes are fun to play but I think i'd be good if Dovetail explored some new countries like the Netherlands.

• Like Like x 7
  2. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Yes we NEED THE ROUTE Now, that's a great suggestion and I really like it

• Like Like x 1
  3. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Dutch routes would be amazing! This one might be a on the short side for me personally, but every suggestion for Dutch routes helps. There are a lot of Dutch suggestions on the forums (I made one myself too ;)), and DTG has noticed the demand for them. They've hinted that this weekend we'll see some announcements for new routes that will be developed over the coming year, and I really hope a Dutch route will be among them :). The Netherlands just are a really interesting country when it come to trains, with high frequencies, unique and iconic paint schemes and original rolling stock like the ICMm that's unlike anything else.

I also noticed you're new to the forum, a while ago I made a map of a lot of Dutch and German route suggestions, if you want to look at some more Dutch suggestions and show them your support you should really take a look there! (yes I do indeed need to add some new suggestions to the map :))

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidus#4217

6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Hopefully indeed. Giving this suggestion a like to throw in my support. I think this is a very interesting route, with a diverse landscape, and some amazing landmarks.

And while many foreigners may not be familiar with the Netherlands, almost everybody knows where Amsterdam is. :P

• Like Like x 1
  7. davidus#4217

Yeah I'd love to make it even longer but I think that if DTG were ever to make a Dutch route they'd rather have a shorter route of about 50km to test if there's real demand for it.

8. jolojonasgames

I could understand that, but IMO they know well enough there is demand for it. I'd like to see at least a 70km route, as 70-100 km has become the standard for routes now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

I really want this route. I mean who doesn't want to operate an ICMm from Amsterdam to Amersfoort via Hilversum and right after that operate an SLT back in stopping service.

• Like Like x 1
  10. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

We can also get the Intercity Berlijn on this Route! Definitely upvoting it

• Like Like x 1
  11. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. jolojonasgames

• Like Like x 1
  13. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. carlingamesnl

carlingamesnl Member

this route seems good (definitly not a comment so people see this in the suggestion forums as one of the first)

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and this is one of those routes that can get a Rush Hour feature enabled. That includes this route and it's cross border segment via Bad Bentheim & Henglo which is Amserfoot CS to Onsabrück railway. This will test the AI feature at Bad Bentheim switching 15kv 16.7hz Germany Sifa PZB LZB into 1.5kv DC ATB Netherlands both use Metalized Copper 1.95m pantograph Strips during Rush Hours 04:00-10:30 followed by 16:30-21:30

• Like Like x 2