Tsw2- Frankfurt U-bahn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, Apr 7, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

The complex and bustling network under and into rural Frankfurt comes to life with the Frankfurt U-Bahn, complete with all 9 lines packed with authentic details!

The Frankfurt U-Bahn (Untergrundbahn) officially opened in October 1968, an underground route from Hauptwache to Nordwestzentrum, this would soon be extended multiple times. Today, there are now a total of 9 lines, U1 to U9, that span around 65 km in length and serve all corners of Frankfurt with a total of 87 stations, 27 of which are underground and are served by 3 separate tunnels. The latest addition to the U-Bahn was the U8 and U9, which were fully competed in 2010 as an extension to the U2 line.

[​IMG]

i have no idea of the name of this but i do know its part of the flexity swift series of tram/trains

these will run 330 services, the reason is becuase the u bahn is a very busy network

this would be a nice route as u bahn has never been in TSW2 and would be a very interesting route, and would be a very very busy route

• Like Like x 3
  2. Jo_Kim

Jo_Kim Well-Known Member

The U-Bahn Frankfurt uses 5 generations of rolling stock. You showed the latest called U5.
    A short display of all rolling stock generations:

U1:
    Built: 1965
    Primary use (line): none
    [​IMG]

U2:
    Built: 1968
    [​IMG]

U3:
    Built: 1980
    [​IMG]

U4:
    Built: 1994
    Primary use (line): U1, U2, U9
    [​IMG]

U5:
    Built: 2008
    Primary use (line): U3, U4, U5, U6, U7, U8
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. seandouglas

seandouglas Active Member

What a great suggestion! I'd love to see the network set in modern day with U4 and U5 rolling stock! Would be especially cool to see this as there are parts where the network functions more like a tram/light railway than an underground and the mixture would be great to see!

• Like Like x 1