Is This A Teaser For The Next Tsw 2 Route?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by supersimfan#2303, Apr 8, 2021.

1. supersimfan#2303

supersimfan#2303 Well-Known Member

if anyone has noticed the Railfan fest is coming and there is an advertisement on the DTG live News page
    but the thing that's got me wondering is the background?

[​IMG]
    Now let me get this straight DTG have posted an image of a railway not currently on TSW2
    i thirst thought nothing of it but looked closer and realized it this could be a teaser for an upcoming route in TSW2 since we have been promised new routes to come in the railfan fest it could be for TS2020 but the graphics are not the same and more like TSW 2, it could be a real image but i don't think so?

i looked everywhere on the internet and found these i didn't know what they were but they seemed to be a match

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

these photos are all taken in Bengaluru (India) except for the one on the top right which was taken in Mumbai (India)

after finding these i went to Bengaluru or Bangalore on google maps and after hours digging i finally found the gold and the operator of these carriages is south western railways India

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the south western railway is highlighted in green

so could this be a teaser for TSW 2?

if you think im right in anyway please comment
    if this route was added in tsw2 id buy it since it would be different to all the routes we have currently got in game
    and thank you for reading this thread

• Like Like x 5
  2. supersimfan#2303

i have been looking and the closest thing to the the railfan fest photo is Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna (Bengaluru) station
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if this is what i think it is then we could possibly be seeing the green route:
    Bangalore - Mangalore route in the game

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It’s a real photo of real trains. It’s not from TSW. Too much detail in there. I wouldn’t read anything into it as it may just be a generic image of lots of trains as found on stock photo sites that the graphic designer has used for the image.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. donjgatlin

donjgatlin New Member

If you look in the upper right corner of the pic you can see cumulus clouds. Currently there's only stratus clouds in the skybox they're using. I'd have to air on the side of real pic more so than TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  5. supersimfan#2303

Im maybe thinking too much but i just get my hopes up when something could possibly be some sort of teaser the one thing that made me think it was tsw was the trees and the buildings but they might be giving a hint with a real picture to what the next upcoming route might be i think they used to do that

6. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

An Indian route would be interesting (in which case people (and animals) wandering over the tracks would no longer be a problem). However, with Amtrak, North Norfolk Railway, and OBB logos on the advert I would suspect something from them first...

• Like Like x 1
  7. supersimfan#2303

I searched up OBB carriges on the internet and this route popped up but DTG said on the roadmap "American passenger routes not now later" i think

8. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Considering we still haven't got content for more requested countries (the Netherlands, for example) I doubt this will come. As stujoy says it's probably just a stock image of trains at a station.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I think it's just a generic image used by RailFest. An Indian route would be interesting, but not an instant buy for most players like me. As trainsimplayer said, something often requested like the Netherlands, Australia or Japan is more likely (or all three :)). The precense of Amtrak and ÖBB might also mean DTG wants to use that opportunity to announce routes from these operators, but I wouldn't put my money on it (even though I'd like to see a route from both operators).

• Like Like x 2
  10. trainsimplayer

Is ÖBB German or what?

11. jolojonasgames

ÖBB (Österreichische Bundesbahnen) is the Austrian Federal Railway. Most Austrian routes like the Semmeringbahn are operated by them and they also operate the Railjets (pictured below) and Nightjets throughout Europe.

[​IMG]

12. trainsimplayer

Ah. Would be nice to see a little Austria

• Like Like x 1
  13. trainsimplayer

New ÖBB Route out today, seems like that might be why they are doing RFF

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Along New Jersey Transit since there logo is on there

15. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

While I would be very surprised if that is a teaser; I also decided do spend hours looking around India on OpenStreetMap and Google Maps searching every major town and junction station in the south of half of India. Its no question that it is Indian and southern/tropical, but unfortunately I was unable to identify the station. For the record I have a cursory knowledge of Indian railways so I'm not coming into this with no

Things I was particularly drawn to in the picture that would help me identify the station:
    1. The amount of palm trees. Most of the north half of India is too dry and hot for that amount of palms meaning it would have to be southern or the coastal of the east.
    2. To the left there is slope upwards meaning it is is not in a perfectly flat plain, but also or in an area with mountains within view of the station (in that direction).
    3. The station has 2 overbridges. The one the photographer is standing on, and another to the back left of the photo. This should really narrow the options as there is not a huge number of stations with more than one.
    4. Due to the length and number of stairs on the back left passenger bridge; the station should theoretically have 5 to 7 numbered platforms meaning it is quite a large station.
    5. But the buildings around that stations don't appear to be tall. Certainly not in the centre of a main city. But being a large station it makes sense to be a junction.
    6. The back left bridge changes roof shape mid-way through.
    7. The carriage sidings right next to the station.
    8. The station is electrified but the carriage sidings aren't.
    But again I didn't find that station in my search so one or more of these things could be wrong, or I just missed it.
    RFF2021-Generic-asset-1920x1080.jpg

Electrification accurate to 2011. For reference in 2011 India had 64,173km of routes electrified and in by last year they had 67,956km of routes electrified.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. supersimfan#2303

the railfan fest photo i think was taken at Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna (Bengaluru) station the photo must of been taken from the foot crossing, the building on the right is the Bengaluru railway parcel office

17. jamesbaby286

I investigated that but I couldn't find elements that matched the surrounding features I see in the photo. The palm trees, the lack of tall buildings, that building with the arches on the left, the angle of the parcel office building, the position of the gap of dirt between the separate carriage sidings in relation to the position of the bridge, the lack of roofs that go \/\/\/\/\/\/\/.
    It's so close though with the bridge over the carriage sidings but I'm not confident that's the station we are looking for.
    https://goo.gl/maps/AVd5v36RvDwD6fAr7

18. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Railfan Fest isn't a Train Sim/World event, it's for general railfanning. By all means hunt for the station in question, but it's not a teaser or clue to anything.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. jamesbaby286

I found it! Along with the stock photo that was used!
    The reason I missed it on my OpenStreetMap/Google Maps search was because I was using OpenStreetMap's transport overlay to follow where the tracks snaked all over the south of India, and this specific station doesn't appear to be a major station with lots of tracks until you zoom in. There were other stations nearby that were more prominent on the map so I was drawn to there.

Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station!
    https://goo.gl/maps/7mmym7e5na73na5eA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the stock photo used:
    https://depositphotos.com/13631628/stock-photo-trains-at-train-station-trivandrum.html
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  20. supersimfan#2303

Wow!!! Im suprized that you actually found the same stock image that dtg used i thought you or someone would maybe find the place where the photo was taken but the image !!!
    Btw thanks for all your input into this thread, im completely useless when it comes to railways in india china and places like that i created this thread becase i thought DTG could possibly be hinting at an upcoming route or something india would be a great place for dovetail to go since its a complete diffrent base theme because at the moment we mostly have european.
    I would like to see more british routes in game but i think dovetail needs to focus somewhereelse and add more spread out places across the globe

• Like Like x 3
  21. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The problem with dtg doing almost any India train route is passengers would need to hang on from the side of or sit on the roof of there passenger trains to be realistic and dtg tsw2 passenger ai just isn't that good yet but they like to stand on tracks and in tunnels float in the sky share the same seat on a train or stand inside another passenger on a platform when they aren't standing on the tracks walk through doors float above there seats and i wouldn't be surprised at some point to see them walk on water or be standing at the bottom of one of the bodies of water in the game.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  22. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If Implemented in game you are likely to see ÖBB1116 Railjet towards Budapest from Augsburg Hbf and the ÖBB1116/ÖBB1016 at Aachen Hbf. Here's The ÖBB Timetable & for HMA the Railjet leaves 20:43 München Hbf arrive Augsburg Hbf 21:13. In game your will be stuck at Rangierbanhof München Pasing & Laim due to the heavy freight traffic regionals S-Bahn & ICE Trains

23. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Is that really that common these days, hanging on the side or sitting on the roof? The latter is certainly not a good idea on 25Kv electrified routes and with more modern stock on some express trains there simply wouldn't be anything to grab hold of.

• Like Like x 2
  24. jamesbaby286

In my experience, sitting on the roof is far from common nowadays. Maybe its a regional thing. It most certainly can't be done anywhere that is electrified, but even before the expansion of the electrified network in the past 10 years it wasn't something I ever saw.
    Hanging off the side is just rarely seen; but if you do see its only at the carriage doors (or lack of them sometimes), and on the lowest cost trains. Nobody hangs that far out from the doors either.
    In the grand scheme of the whole of India and all its railways "modern stock" stock is very rare it will likely be decades before the majority of stock is sleek carriages.

I find it funny that the person you are are replying to is talking about what people in India do and don't do when it comes to railways (and get it mostly wrong), and then complains that TSW2 has people on the track. They very much overstate the issue in TSW2, but in India that is still very common. People do follow typical etiquette navigating stations/platforms via over/underpasses pretty much universally. But other that the maybe top 5 highest-speed thoroughfares, people wander freely across and along at any point. Although there are still a very high number of incidents, people know not to stick to them and stay/play directly on them.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

You can actually send Railfans your photos to be submitted in articles etc So there's a decent chance the photo is something someone submitted. They used one of my photos in their 'Jargon Buster' article last year of an EMR HST at East Midlands Parkway (#ad ;)) https://www.wearerailfans.com/c/article/jargon-buster

• Like Like x 1
  26. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in some of the logos. Like why are the London Transport Museum, North Norfolk Railway, HS2 and Hornby on there?? I guess LTM could help out with research of some historical routes/ trains, and Hornby maybe help with the modelling of the trains, but HS2?

Or did they simply have something else to do with Railfan fest apart from TSW? I wasn't there so I wouldn't know.

27. jolojonasgames

All the companies of which the logos featured, had their own section at Railfest. Their precense had nothing to do with any plans for TSW, however it does indicate that DTG has at least some form of communication with these companies, but that's all it means.

• Like Like x 2