PlayStation Run Away Train On Wsr

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Apr 8, 2021.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced the train running
    away on WSR?

Today I was doing a run from Minehead in the Class 37 and at one station I had to wait for a few mins to lock the doors so I thought I’d go for a wander. Brakes were on, throttle was off but reverser was in forward. Anyway as I was walking along the platform the train started to roll backwards and then off it went picking up speed down the hill. I somehow got in the non driving cab?? All brakes were on in that but nothing would stop the runaway train.:o Nothing I could do but abandon the run before I got hurt :D

How did this happen? In theory it shouldn’t have because the brakes were on the throttle was off and the reverser was in forward????

I blame the co driver who I left sitting in the cab. ;)

Had this ever happened to any of you?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

I would love to see a movie about that.
    Unstoppable: British edition

To be serious, it was either a glitch, a mistake or the co-driver was bored and decided to go for a jolly good walk. Or in this case, a drive.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  3. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

No need to blame the co-driver, he just wanted to have some fun;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phil78

Phil78 Active Member

Short of hearing any reports of convicts escaping from HMP Shepton Mallet, or seeing a helicopter tearassing around Somerset with a guy hanging from a rope ladder beneath it, it'd be hard to say for certain what's caused that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Did you give up control? If so the SIM could attach another loco to the other end & remove the train for you :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. shhweeet#4292

I’ve no Idea how I managed to get in to the non driving cab? A lot of frantic clicking and there I was looking out the window at the coaches :o:D

This runaway train thing happened on the next run but I was ready for it and managed to hop into the cab in time. I completed the run by making sure I never left the cab. LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  7. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

You should never ever trust the secondman or woman, they just sit there motionless occasionally looking at you, just plotting your demise or the theft of your train, they are the secret evil or nightmare fuel that lives in the game and its code........

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Maik_1978

Maik_1978 New Member

Coronavirus stole your train because it's being chased by the vaccine and needed a way to escape. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. shhweeet#4292

QUOTE="krustynuggets, post: 288182, member: 19558"]You should never ever trust the secondman or woman, they just sit there motionless occasionally looking at you, just plotting your demise or the theft of your train, they are the secret evil or nightmare fuel that lives in the game and its code........[/QUOTE]

Those 2nd co drivers are scary the way they often change appearance and gender and disappear altogether when you jump into the drivers seat they are occupying. When my train was running away and I was frantically trying to get the door open I swear the woman co driver just looked at me and gave an evil smile as it gathered speed. :o:)

In hindsight I wish I hadn’t abandoned the run and followed the run away train on the map to see where it crashed. I reckon it would have crashed at Minehead and maybe the disaster would have made the 10 o’clock news! ;)

10. DK12345

DK12345 Active Member

Those 2nd co drivers are scary the way they often change appearance and gender and disappear altogether when you jump into the drivers seat they are occupying. When my train was running away and I was frantically trying to get the door open I swear the woman co driver just looked at me and gave an evil smile as it gathered speed. :o:)

In hindsight I wish I hadn’t abandoned the run and followed the run away train on the map to see where it crashed. I reckon it would have crashed at Minehead and maybe the disaster would have made the 10 o’clock news! ;)[/QUOTE]
    It would have probably caused a SPAD before a crash.