Blurry Field Of View

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 410nick, Nov 17, 2019.

1. 410nick

410nick Member

So I loaded into TS after the major update cause I haven't played in awhile. I loaded into the Hudson Dlc with the M7 and it crashed upon loading the first time. The second time I restarted the game I successfully loaded into the game, my in game peripheral vision was blurred until I used the cursor to directly center what I was looking at and it was crystal clear. But the edges were still blurred. Anyone has a fix to this? My game has never done this before. It's frustrating.

2. alsthom355

alsthom355 New Member

Same here, too!
    Is there a solution or a setting to resolve this?

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

That's the new Depth of Field feature which you can reduce or turn off completely. Not sure if it's in the main menu/graphics settings or included in the camera options when you press Escape (on the iPad ATM).

If you look at your hand up close you'll notice that the background is out of focus- look at the background and your hand will be out of focus. That's depth of field.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

I never new that, thank you for clearing that up. Always wondered what it did.

• Like Like x 1
  5. H3lix_UK

H3lix_UK New Member

I looked in the camera options in game, and all i had was:
    Colour Filter
    Screen Effect Filter
    Vignette
    FOV
    No DoF, the DoF problem has been annoying me for ages and i cant find and off switch or slider anywhere.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  6. JJTimothy

There is a hot key to cycle DoF- it may be Ctrl-Shift-F4* but I'm on the iPad ATM and might well misremember. Actually I was fiddling with DoF the other day and looked that up so there's a chance I'm right but then it didn't seem to work anyway- don't know what I was doing wrong.

There is certainly a DoF toggle and adjuster in Settings/Graphics.

*Checked and corrected in the edit since there's at least one link to this thread now.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  7. H3lix_UK

H3lix_UK New Member

I found a solution, idk if what u just said worked, I haven't tried it, but in the main menu under graphics settings, there is an advanced button, and on the 2nd page of advanced is a DoF toggle and some other stuff

8. JJTimothy

Sorry if it wasn't clear- I'd forgotten it was under the advanced options. Sounds like I got you looking in the right place at least.