State Of The Game?!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bryer, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Hey Dovetail Games,

Any chance of sharing with your rather loyal Xbox community, what the state and plans are for Founders Edition?

We've seen the 1 "emergency" client rebuild release back in March and we've not heard anything on what the plans are for your rather enjoyable Founders Edition in regards to patching, timelines etc, while I appreciate you probably don't have anything solid. It would be nice to know what the dev team are working on, the Xbox community is seeing a lot of love for the PC version with new DLC and regular updates etc (which we get a it's priority 1), yet I am starting to feel the Xbox version is the step child no one wants at present and that we won't see anything now until the full game is released later in 2018.

Keep up the great work and just keep the fans in the loop.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  2. gangrel

gangrel Member

I'm only expecting one or two more performance optimization patches for TSW: Founders Edition. I honestly am not expecting any DLC for this game. What I'm really excited about is the full release game later this year.

The good thing is that those of us that own TSW Founders Edition will get the full release with some sort of discount. That's a big plus. Now we know the full release will have probably a ton of DLC & I'll be getting all of it. A shame Xbox users won't get the CSX Heavy Haul DLC (probably OG Xbox One & S are the reason why. Perhaps could run fine on the Xbox One X).

It would be a great idea for the developer to really keep us in the loop here. All the juicy details!

3. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

If you guys take a look at the PC section of the forum you'll see a lot of talk about the developers not keeping anyone in the loop. DTG are not the most communicative company, unfortunately.

They don't really talk about the DLC or features they're working on until shortly before release. They'll say they're working on bug fixes without really specifying.

So, while the PC does have more content than Xbox we're often in as much as the dark as you guys are about what is going on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

It won't run on Xbox One X either cause it is resource intensive

5. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Indeed, and many PC Players are being butt-hurt from this silence treatment. So the advice is, expect the unexpected. If DTG says something about the next DLC or update, it'll either be good news or be regretted later on.

6. colorint

colorint Member

In context of the Rapid Transit DLC the Train Simulator Twitters account wrote
    "Shouldn't be too long to wait!"

I think this DLC is coming next.

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Thing is with the majority of console gamers, lack of information will not keep them interested. The game has limited appeal as it is, this lack of information is killing the player base on console, which sadly doesn't bode well for the full release.

8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Incorrect. The 16GB of RAM on the Xbox One X is more than enough, however DTG have been instructed that if it won't run on Base Xbox One, it cannot be released.

• Like Like x 2
  9. gangrel

gangrel Member

That makes sense. However, Xbox One X has 12 GB of GDDR5 ram. Not 16.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Current plan is to bring the existing content of TSW to the Xbox one platform (with the unfortunate exception of CSX Heavy Haul), can't divulge any firm details right now, but stuff is on the way and TSW for Xbox One has a very bright future ahead of it. Stay tuned!

What do you guys want to see make its way to the game?

- Jay

• Like Like x 7
  11. 410nick

410nick Member

I definitely want to see Nec added to the game. With possible route extensions added to that and gwe in the future. Now I understand that you guys are having a tough time with the freight services in the PC version so I know it would be even more difficult porting content like that to xbox one. Operating a Amtrak cab is what I waiting for being I live on the northeast corridor. I'm more of a commuter fan than freight but it would still be nice to add a freight service or two in game for those fans of freight. Maybe a future New York Penn to Philadelphia or DC extension one day?

12. mosko war

mosko war Member

Well, I hope to see more American routes and machines more non-European American style trains I do not like European ones but I am a fan of American amd and GE Grasias for keeping us informed and not forgetting the community thanks jay

13. Challenger3985

Not only the NEC: New York, but the GP40-2 to go along with it. If you can make that happen that is.

14. Friday's Freight

Friday's Freight New Member

I would really like to see a performance patch before any new content to be honest. The game desperate needs it in my opinion, particularly for Xbox One S because the relatively low FPS destroys the immersion. Thanks for porting this great game to Xbox - awesome achievement - but please continue to fine-tune the performance optimisation.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gangrel

gangrel Member

I want to see all trains. Stream Locomotives, Old school diesels, whatever. More routes & countries. I want it all & will be buying it all! Can't wait for Xbox One X enhancements on the full game release. I'm ready for rock solid framerates.

• Like Like x 3
  16. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

I would like to see the destination/departure boards being interactive like they are in real life as it would make it more life like and extensions to the GWR route i.e London Paddington to Oxford or Reading to London Waterloo amongst others and even maybe Reading to Basingstoke or Basingstoke to Southampton or Portsmouth.

17. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see performance updates, altered timetable for GWE (put the Greenford services back in), correct signal sequences, some more freight servivrs and the Xbox One X enhancement patch before DLC is added.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

Thanks for giving us an update, Jay! Much appreciated!

In addition to the upcoming planned content, I'd just like to see continued patches and improvements.

Corrected signals, functional arrival/departure boards. Stuff like that.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rafael320

Rafael320 Member

Hello,
    I think first thing to do is to improve the base game with some patches, I would love to see HDR support :)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Hawk Eyye

Hawk Eyye New Member

I just want more content. Love the game but I need more places to drive now. My preference for the existing DLC is Rapid Transit and then NEC.. but a big bundle with all of it would be best (and I suspect impossible!)...

• Like Like x 2
  21. mosko war

mosko war Member

it's hard to know, I'm confused about what this simulator really is, some say it's just a beta others that is a game not yet finished I do not know what to expect from it and I only played it 4 times after the launch and two more after the last patch but well I do not think they give routes as big as rapid transit much less the new york hahaha but if some other boring European train and boring European route nothing American so I do not expect much, excuse my negative

22. Challenger3985

Whatever you like to call it, it's still "Work-In-Progress". Even though DTG still working on the current content right now, doesn't mean that their's gonna be more add-ons later on. Progress is patience, and for the next route they'll be adding, will hopefully be better than what was previously mistaken before.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Personally I'd like to see dlc rolled out more frequently.

24. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This is the old quality vs quantity argument again. GWE was in development for around 6 months or so it seems. At the very least there was a 6 month gap between CSX: Heavy Haul and the release of GWE. The route has its bugs but is largely alright.

Rapid Transit and NEC had three month development schedules and you can see the comprises that had to be made. RT has one train compared to the three on GWE. NEC has two, but one was already in Heavy Haul. Also the freight schedule for NEC has come out about 3 weeks after the release of the route because there wasn't time to get it even remotely finished for release.

Personally I think 3 months is an awfully short period of time considering a lot of things are being made from scratch. TS2018 has a large asset library from years of development. TSW does not.

I'd prefer to wait for GWE quality equivalent routes.

• Like Like x 5
  25. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Like I said in my original post.... With Console gamers 90 out of 100 don't have the patience or understanding of what it takes for a smaller studio to produce content...

26. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

At a lot of time it seems the DTG publishers are part of those 90% of people that don’t get how a smaller studio works nor have the patience to let it do its thing. Ironic how even the company doesn’t understand its own small size. The schedules they enforce are just like what the uninformed public wants-and look at how that has turned out.

But really, how could anyone possibly be expected to understand a company that can’t understand itself?

• Like Like x 2
  27. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if they added new scenarios to current routes. That would give them more time to work on new routes and trains

• Like Like x 1
  28. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I really hope that Jay´s statement is still true. Since they recently discontinued FSW and obviously had some staff change. Hope that the Xbox One Edition wont be on the red list aswell and we soon get some news on whats next for it.

29. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I'd imagine that the team will be reallocated to the Train Sim World team, and create a PC team and a Xbox team to speed up development. From what I understood it was one team doing both versions.

30. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

From what I can gather on this and other forums most of the team were let go but since this is all third hand who knows what the truth is? I'm sure that TSW has its own issues in terms of meeting budgets for staff and sales which may well mean that adding more staff/contractors is not an option.

31. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Very well possible, as you saw with the quick release of the WSR released shortly after NEC. This would be a positive if it’s true.

32. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You cannot create and maintain a game on 2 platforms that is this complex with one team...

Steve Hood who is/was the Executive Producer on FSW has a lot of console knowledge having worked on F1 at Codemasters. Matt Peddlesden does not have the console development knowledge to manage both the PC and XB1 builds and has openly said that it was one team working on both, that were switching between platforms, or he'd have just one guy working on the Xbox version.

The Xbox development needs more umph and a rocket up the backside, otherwise the game will be dead before the full version is released as word will get round that they take too long to either patch or release new content.

33. russianchip

russianchip Guest

Sorry if I've missed it but is West Somerset Railway coming to Xbox One?

34. Challenger3985

Until there is news for the Xbox One Version of the game, the answer is to wait. And yes, it's been a while since we heard any progress for the Xbox Version.

• Like Like x 1
  35. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Good point but I think gamers in general these days, PC & console, don't have the patience. Looking back at when Dovetail initially announced their expansion to console with Euro Fishing. They have done a pretty darn good job of bringing us good, quality Sims that we simply wouldn't have otherwise. That should be applauded by all of us fans on console.

• Like Like x 1
  36. D3VILDOG8541

D3VILDOG8541 Active Member

Thanks Jay for keeping in touch with the console player base. I'm a big fan of all the work Dovetail has done. I own and love both Euro Fishing & TSW and all dlc. Thank you Dovetail for bringing us these 2 very well done sims for console.
    My dream list for TSW would be definite optimization of the core game. I want the fullest most realistic immersion experience you can achieve. Frame rate increase, optimization of all graphics. The exterior of the trains I think look great. The scenery in the game is really in need of some attention, the interiors as well, the map overlay is useless at this point. Additions & future dlc? Give us everything you can! I love the American trains the most but am a fan of them all. I would like to suggest a very rare & unique train for Dovetail & that would be the trains of the Alaska Railroad. They do a lot of commercial & transit service in the state with some of the greatest designed trains out there. To be able to see those trains operating in the vast frontier of Alaska in this game would be amazing!

• Like Like x 2
  37. xD 2Bad4You

• Like Like x 1
  38. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

I’m starting to get excited for next week. :)

• Like Like x 3
  39. xD 2Bad4You

Yeah looking forward to that, next week could be exciting :)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

DTG has confirmed that the West Somerset Railway DLC is coming to Xbox. No specific date yet but "soon".
    Also there's a live stream on June 1st. where it sounds like we may get some news for the Xbox.
    #fingerscrossed

• Like Like x 1
  41. Mr Blonde V

Mr Blonde V New Member

Do you have the link to where they said that? I've somehow missed it. Exciting for sure!

42. Challenger3985

It was during the West Somerset Livestream from earlier. Next week will be an announcement for the Xbox One game

• Like Like x 1
  43. xD 2Bad4You

WSR looks really nice, I just hope we get the other lines (RT, NEC) as well at some point. Looking forward to next week / the next more concrete news about TSW on Xbox

• Like Like x 2
  44. colorint

colorint Member

I think RT and WSR will be coming to the Xbox One soon.. we will hear more next week.

45. Gamborg

Gamborg Active Member

Yes, WSR was confirmed to be released on Xbox last night on the DTG stream. Nothing on RT yet, though but next Friday at 6PM UK time there will be another Dovetail stream where big announcements will be made according to Matt. Hopefully they will be Xbox related. :)

• Like Like x 1
  46. Craigyboy

Craigyboy Member

I would really like a proper zoom function like the pc users have

• Like Like x 1