This Is Truly Aweful Design Where Is Quality Control?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by newgenpirate, Apr 10, 2021.

1. newgenpirate

newgenpirate Member

Screenshot (160).png

• Like Like x 23
  2. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

Seems like some only have the task of looking for errors in routes.
    When you drive the locomotive you do not see this. This is not a problem!

• Like Like x 8
  3. TNH

TNH Member

You clearly see it from the cab, and please dont say it's OK...

• Like Like x 15
  4. jörgen Näslund

Yes I say this is okay. If 100000 things is good and 1-100 is not 100% its okay. (if it is not something incredibly important like mountains etc) in reality is not always always good either.

Had he not shown this, almost none of us would have known about it, even after weeks of playing
    It takes 1,5-2 hours playing from one end to other end.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

This is literally 2 meters from the tracks, how would you not see this?

Might be just a mishap though, maybe someone accidentally pressed Ctrl+Z in the editor and didn't notice that the road node moved, as I doubt anyone actually placing that road would've placed it like this. I mean... just move the marked road segment 2 meters futher so it touches the level crossing's ramps and it's good.

Have to agree though, either intentional or just an accident, it looks horrible and should've been noticed. I mean it's literally by the tracks. I have my doubts, but I hope it will get fixed. I mean if any, then this route definitely should not have things like this. It's just too beautiful of a route to be ruined by things like this.

• Like Like x 8
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I agree that it’s not OK in as much as it’s a cosmetic error that should be fixed. But QA is not to blame. Their job is to ensure that the route runs as expected and it doesn’t crash when running a given number of scenarios (in the testing sense, not scenarios in the game). That is to say, they try to break it and send it back to fix if they do,

I would say it’s the graphic designers who need their botties smacked and kept in after school to do it again, properly this time.

• Like Like x 2
  7. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

A large portion of grass is missing towards Delano !!
    Is it normal or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the only place in 1 mile where there is no grass, so it's not very pretty.

I'm all in ultra and no stuff in the engine.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Dinosbacsi

Yes, DTG has said this several times. But let's be honest, can QA be really called QA when all they do is check if the game crashes or not? They should definitely need a stricter QA testing as well, with people who actually look for things like this as well, not just "does it run? nice".

I mean if all QA does is checking if it runs without crashing, then no wonder routes release with this many bugs and inaccuracies.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Dinosbacsi

Ouch... probably not and that's something I expect will be fixed. Make sure to write a ticket about it on the support site though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It’s fair feedback I think.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I've noticed this one, the quality of scenery drops for a moment and is really noticeable... and then it goes back to normal further down the road. Some foliage sprinkling would do the job here fine.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure if what DTG call QA would be dealing with this, but definitely someone in the testing team should be driving the entire route before sending it out to catch stuff like this.
    Both are not "mission critical" but do stand out like sore thumbs

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I would not expect such a road at this location. It is indeed poor development and sloppy. This type of bug is not necessary, but it happens. If you are doing this work all day, I guess you may get tired at some point and work less accurately.

We discussed enough about QA. The output quality is simply not good enough. You should not blame QA, but the developers are responsible for what they build. QA is just to find the last smaller points.I have been responsible for the customer administration of a fairly large company. The devs did most testing and then the key users did a final purely functional check. No QA department at all and this worked well.

• Like Like x 2
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It's fair feedback but a bit OTT to call the glitch awful, on a route that is otherwise one of the best yet for TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure on that... In streams Matt and Sam have both said that there are beta testers, QA and of course Matt and the streaming teams themselves and every person who drives the routes could and should have picked up those things if they are visible at all from the cab.

Comes down to "playing it to look at errors" rather than just playing it I guess.

16. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Roads, especially junctions and endings, and level crossings have never been very good in TSW and if you are a scenery artist working under time pressure you may well leave things in this state and then want to go back to finish it off but are never given the time. Even if it is picked up by the beta testers it may never get the time allocated to be fixed. It isn’t pretty to look at and there several things in TSW routes that are similarly unpleasing to the eye. The trick is learning to live with the imperfections, although some are more jarring than others. If we point them out, with exact locations, there is a chance they might get polished up at some point, especially with things right next to the track.

• Like Like x 1
  17. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a girl I dated as a young man, she was perfect, in almost all respects, great mind, good looker, same values I held, BUT, one of her toes was a little crooked.... could not get past that blemish, had to move on..... :)

I think I can over look this reported problem, because everything else about this route is so good, especially the train handling which is why I run train simulators.

• Like Like x 6
  18. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Well, I think I'm definitely not going to buy anything on TS and TSW2 anymore.
    Too bad I'm going to deprive myself of my biggest game, but I'm fed up that nothing changes.
    I was a quality inspector in the automotive industry and I can tell you that if I had allowed 10% of what DTG allows to pass, I would have been laid off very quickly.

Not everything, everything DTG releases is finished.
    I was pretty happy with this road but actually no.
    still lack of vegetations as I showed above, no staff at the side of the tracks, the brakes (yes still brakes) which do not work, the sounds still bad.
    The cameras are still buggy, mashed but are you really doing the quality control or are you kidding us?

Bug and forget seems to be the panacea for this business.

I am giving away your business at this rate there is a time when people will trust you more.

Poor after-sales service dudes spend their lives fixing DEV's bullshit and oversights.

After The crappy arosa, denial and silence from RIVET, you haven't learned anything yet.
    Fed up with paying 30 euro for things never finished

I return to TS where the editor will allow me to do much better routes than yours MR DTG

Have a good day.

PS: By dint of always accepting the little bug that does not interfere, we will end up having LOVE all the time.
    It's enough to be indulgent with people who don't care about us.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Did you date Sandra too?

• Like Like x 3
  20. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

See ya, I hope you find something you enjoy...

21. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

yes goodbye.
    You're absolutely right, happy with stuffed things.

Also, take care of your life and not mine Mister I know everything and I do better than everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

As for the missing foliage, it seems this is automatically placed and a whole tile is missing it, you can see sharp borders, where the foliage ends.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  23. jörgen Näslund

Because some people just think dovetail makes bad products. Even 1-10 wrong in totally hundred thousands things.
    So 99,99 is not good enough!.
    Then there must be software producers who make products that have no errors. What are these companies?.
    I have Run8 Trainz Train simulator 2020 TSW Microsoft Flight simulator 2020. None of these are 100 percent perfect.

This Clinchfield the Dovetail have done a awesome route. Not 100% good just 99,99% but overall a very very good route.
    Best route they have done I say.

In Arosa you were told how miserable the mountains are. I also thought so when I looked at single pictures.
    But when I drive the train I do not think about this at all. The most important thing is the overall impression.
    Locomotive engine wagons Psychics Graphics (overall) and the rest.

Sam sad if you are going to be more dissatisfied then go into the forums to find all the errors.
    You know one error you find in forum another person have find another error. Now you know 2 errors.
    If this forum had not existed you would not have known about many errors in routes.

• Like Like x 7
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Good point, Monder. They still have to work on it. Evidently.
    True.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I put some dog poop that could have been in your hands and you will still be able to tell me that it smells good ...
    When it's baclè, it's baclè point barre.

We must stop being the nanny of DTG that they assume their bad faith.
    THERE IS NO QUALITY CONTROL

• Like Like x 2
  26. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It is. I will tell you how it works: quality control comes to the manager and he makes a decision - we delay the premiere or close our eyes. I made such decisions myself. I know it's awful. Of course, we have to exert pressure as customers. You're right :D

Sic mundus creatus est \o/ << easter egg

27. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Somethign like that would fall to the beta testers, not QA which is completely different - I'm slightly surprised that wasn't picked up.

Beta testers check the rotue for inaccuracies, floating assets, etc.
    QA make sure the thing is playable. They could lay track in a completely empty field with a basic train that vaguely resembles something from reality with 2 buttons - go and stop - and it'd still pass QA, because it's outside QA's remit to say "this looks wrong".

• Like Like x 2
  28. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

And that's what appears to have happened as is becoming common with most releases. The beta testers have picked it up, only difference to other companies is that TSW beta testers have paid £24.99 beforehand!

• Like Like x 7
  29. Clumsy Pacer

Oh you are so hilarious.

30. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I am even very surprised with what kindness you put up with this kind of forgetfulness?!?
    Don't tell me you haven't seen her !!!
    2 km without the slightest blade of grass and the smallest bush ...

• Like Like x 2
  31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I've noticed it too, but it's a little different story. You can check - I don't know if it works like that everywhere. If you get close enough (use free camera) some of these textures aren't that empty at all. They're covered with this low leaf mulch - I don't know what those plants are called, but I think they added them on the occasion of CRR (are very pretty, when are visible!). However: the default settings of 'engine.ini' do not allow this to be displayed on the screen. I did the test. On the one hand, there are gaps in the scenery, on the other - the technical aspect. The effect is obviously not pretty, to say the least :) You are absolutely right!

32. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

DTG have quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC).

According to DTG, QA is NOT responsible for things like scenery errors. They only check if you can physically drive the train and route from A to B.

QC are they guys who are responsible for the scenery and visuals, and to make sure things are visually appropriate before the route is published.

The issue is DTG do not have a strict enough QC threshold so a lot of things are slipped through the hook and are deemed appropriate when they really shouldn’t be.

There are often quite a few glaring scenery issues and we often ask how did QA not spot this. However this was most likely spotted by them, and reported, however the QC team ignored this and/or said it wasn’t a big enough issue.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Oh, no, the real road could never be like that. It's not as if rural roads can be weird or wonky or anything

Screenshot (33).png

God forbid DTG's QA don't fix bugs in the Matrix while they're at it.

(Incidentally, I'm filing a ticket with Matrix tech support over those crappy repeating grass textures)

• Like Like x 4
  34. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

But does QC really exist?
    No because I really have a very big doubt !!
    2 km, if QC exists they should have seen it right?
    So who does it seem? DTG QA or DTG QC?

I don't even understand that it was output like this, if QC saw it and reported it then yes there is a huge problem in this business.
    So what do you say about that? ...
    The magic word of the big spawn where is it?

35. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

There’s a clear difference between wonky/bendy roads and roads which physically don’t fit together...

DTG could’ve easily avoided this by using the same sized road asset (road with narrow lanes and no markings) instead of a one with pristine road markings, which you’d expect to find on a busy road. Not somewhere in the countryside.

It’s entirely down to DTG not using the appropriate assets, despite them having the assets in their library, although this isn’t the first time they’ve made this mistake...

• Like Like x 5
  36. breblimator

breblimator Guest

$ per hour

37. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

So MR Matt what do you think of all this? ...
    Speech magic is not very good at the moment.

We are shown things in stream and we do not have the same in game!
    Maybe you didn't give us the right version? (0.0001 beta)

Um anyway, I'm gonna keep my money for a very long time.

I'm starting to understand what some of us are feeling.
    Fed up, discontent and the strong impression of being ripped off.

• Like Like x 1
  38. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Overall, minor. Very sloppy? Yes. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Honestly what bugs me the most is the power lines going into the ground. What???

• Like Like x 2
  39. roysto25

roysto25 Well-Known Member

Informed criticism is always useful and acceptable and one can hope DTG will take notice, but some of you guys claim to be bitterly upset by minor issues - if you truly are so dissatisfied, do you not have something better to do with your lives than to pour acid on DTG? You claim to have no intention of continuing in TrainSim, yet you post over and again the same diatribe.

• Like Like x 7
  40. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Your comments realating to the Automotive industry are interesting. I have never had a vehicle yet that hasnt had some sort of imperfection or issue. Nothing thats left me out of pocket in a major way but certainly inconvenienced me and thats for something which my life can depend on and has cost me a five figure sum to purchase. Thats with various manufacturers.

DTG have in my eyes got it right with Clinchfield, yes there are things to sort but its doing what it says on the tin so as to speak.

Its great that you can do better in the TS editor best of luck and I mean that sincerely.

J

• Like Like x 2
  41. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I am considering conducting a questionnaire asking about the date of birth... :D
    99% CRR looks insane! But that is what some people have not noticed :(
    Thx for info!

42. Clumsy Pacer

This is with QC. It could well be that it was found and reported but the developers had no time to fix it.

You're boycotting a company because of a broken road. It's the equivilent of me boycotting the company who made my laptop because a sticker is upside-down. The fact this is the only real issue with the rotue I've seen is this road, that's a pretty good sign for me. Having said that, it would be better if that road wasn't like that.

It is an odd comment. Last time I checked, DTG isn't building a real-world tonne of metal that moves incredibly quickly and is thus a deadly piece of machinery if something goes wrong enough.

43. heardturkey

heardturkey Active Member

Now waiting for those who asked why the route builders didn't/couldn't place the roads properly, to say well done on spotting such a track crossing and having a go at replicating it (although it is a shame the road types weren't better matching).
    Not holding my breath.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I think road junctions must be difficult to model, because this kind of error is fairly common in both TSW and TS. They're not game breakers but I think it's fair play to point them out, though experience tells me they're unlikely to get much attention.

• Like Like x 2
  45. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My friend graduated from the Construction of Iron Roads at the Poznań University of Technology. He told a story where it was not possible to 'hit' a bridge by road. Maybe it's only in Poland. DTG - don't go this way! :D BR o7

• Like Like x 2
  46. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

In any train sim game it's the same roads, intersections are not easy to model and most often they would have to be custom made and that takes time to model correctly.

• Like Like x 2
  47. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

I boycott a company that only does broken things.
    Say are you all crazy or what?
    But take away the stains on your eyes.
    Minor problems? !!
    Seriously there are only minor problems on all roads !!
    4 years that it lasts the stupidities, it will be necessary that you open your eyes at some point.

I have never seen so many people so sure to have a good product in their hands even if this product is completely.
    You tell me not to compare my profession of quality inspector with the QA or the QC of TSW2!
    fine but then what is the connection with your pc sticker?

You sink, no need to try to save a business that is doing everything to fail on its own.

I defended DTG and TSW1 from the start, I took hits from everywhere by the French comu for defending DTG, but yes, today I would no longer defend DTG and TSW2

The job is badly done, if you do the same things in your company, I don't give a lot of your skin, your boss will fire you straight away.

Now you have every right to spend (throw away) your money as you see fit.

What bothers me is that you see it but you don't want to admit it, you know it's bad but you convince yourself otherwise.
    Maybe it's because you've gotten used to having an unfinished product.

Edited by DTG Natster to remove unacceptable language. Please update yourself on the forum rules or you will be temporarily removed from the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  48. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Have some lemon balm :) DTG certainly deserves some permanent flogging :D but the last products are, in my opinion, very good, although they have obvious deficiencies and oversights. Of course, I would like to have a choice (even better train-sim), but I don't think there is one, although it's a matter of taste (disputed). I don't think you should experience all of this that much. Buy CRR, play a minute, give it back. I guarantee you will not regret it **. Yes, sometimes it's better to close your eyes.

PS ** And even I guarantee you will not return it!

• Like Like x 4
  49. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Hey dude, someone must have hacked your account. You can't be the same as "Oh Canada!" (pag 5 :) ). Or maybe the wind is changing?

• Like Like x 2
  50. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

It's a bit of an eyesore, but overall, incredibly minor. There are far, far bigger graphical issues that should take precedence for the developers' attention--namely lighting, the skybox, and shadow draw distance.

• Like Like x 4