Can The Us Timetables Be Modded To Allow For Longer Trains?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cwf.green, Apr 10, 2021.

1. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

I know there have been a few timetable mods for the German routes to allow different types of consists, most notably those mods made by TrainSimCZ.

Would it be possible (in principle at least) to mod the Clinchfield trains to be longer, perhaps 80-100 train cars depending on how long the sidings are?

I'm getting upwards of 100 FPS (sometimes even 120+) so performance shouldn't be an issue unless the time complexity for physics calculations are highly non-linear (O(n!)? :D)

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

A standard full coal train on the Clinchfield was 110 hoppers, if you're so inclined.

3. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

I'd love to know your specs and settings! What resolution do you run the game at?

4. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Specs:
    CPU: i7 7700K at 4.6 Ghz
    GPU: RTX 2070 Super
    I've installed TSW2 on an SSD but that mostly affects load times and maybe reduces the stutter when loading a new tile, but not fps.

Settings are maxed (TAA, motion blur on) without Vsync.
    I would say that the 120fps I'm getting on Clinchfield is higher than for example in Munich due to few tracks/trains and only trees, but interestingly TSW2 seems to always run much much smoother than TS2021 even when looking much better (usually).

EDIT: My screen is 1080p so I'm running 1920x1080 in resolution. When I checked my fps previously I was running without any Supersampling but increasing the screen percentage to 150% gives me about 90-95fps in Pittco yard from the cabview.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. atpyatt

atpyatt Well-Known Member

Creating longer custom formations for use in the Scenario Editor is very straight forward from a modding point of view, as is substituting one vehicle for another while keeping the same consist length in timetable mode. However actually changing the length of service mode consists is more involved and not something I can do, maybe TrainSimCZ has the answer to that.