Scenario/route Editor Proposal: Asset Search Bar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GP40Man5528, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GP40Man5528

GP40Man5528 Active Member

Someone has probably already proposed this, but I really think this is needed.

For those that love making routes in this game, you may agree that an asset search bar would make finding assets a lot easier. Because as of right now, we are stuck with scrolling through page after page of assets until we find what we need. Which isn't practical at all. I am trying to get into route making and not having one of these is rather annoying. I was looking for a certain track asset, though I had to search through my massive list of assets for about 5-10 minutes.

Hopefully we can get one of these in the upcoming future.

• Like Like x 10
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

100% right. I would also like to be able to have blank station signs, so you can type whatever fictional town you'd want.

• Like Like x 5
  3. pickels98

pickels98 New Member

200% right.
    Luc

• Like Like x 4
  4. thegevo5k

thegevo5k Member

Definitely agree!

• Like Like x 4
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

In case some people don't know, it is possible to jump through the list by pressing a letter to jump to the first asset in the list that starts with that letter, that way you don't have to scroll as much. You can also create custom lists by right clicking the asset names until they change to the colour of the desired list.

These tips are not a replacement for a full search, which to me has always been a strange omission, but hopefully they are of some use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GibbseyNZ

GibbseyNZ Member

One editor feature that annoys me is the asset selection when creating an asset block. When you select the asset you want in the block the drop down list contains ALL assets, not just the ones from asset packs or developers that you have turned on for the route you are editing. That would save me a lot of time when placing asset blocks in the route I am currently working on for TS2018

• Like Like x 2
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Does that actually work? I could never get those to work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Yes, although they are a bit clunky to use and they don't always change colour to reflect their list. If you right click items once they'll appear in the red list, right click them twice and they should go into the green list, three times blue list etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

The editor is the worst part of this Simulator. Trainz has a better editor then this and with a search bar for assets. Just an opinion from using both simulators.