Chained Scenario Ruined By The Save Bug - Clinchfield

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by OldVern, Apr 10, 2021.

1. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I completed Part 1 of First Greenbriar Turn (Prepare Train) and allowed it to pick up the start of Part 2 Dante to Delano, saved the game and came off. On reloading just now, the details and objective has gone from the top left of the screen which means I cannot continue with the run.

DTG - you really need to get this bug sorted. Bad enough when it blights a passenger timetable run but it totally destroys, in the case of Clinchfield, the otherwise good idea of dividing activities into sections. Though of course the bug can equally strike saving and resuming one long run. Yes I can just launch Part 2 as a standalone timetable run but it ruins any cause and effect that I might have set in motion with Part 1.

Can you please explain why you barely acknowledge this bug exists, let alone have it on the Roadmap to be fixed?

• Like Like x 6
  2. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

This. I really want to know it too. The save feature has been problematic from the very start of TSW a few years ago, yet it's still useless. Why? Are the flags in the main manu really more important than this?

• Like Like x 4
  3. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

This happened to me for the first time tonight. I was so annoyed having to set everything up again. Luckily as all parts in Clinchfield are set up as Pt1, 2, 3 etc its not like I need to repeat the entire run. Still annoying though.dddd

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

to save & to load is SPAD in TSW :( yeah

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

Fully agree, this needs more attention as it now spoils a great concept.

This , the sounds and ability to edit our own timetables are the weaknesses of TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This has been an issue for way too long. I was hoping that with Clinchfield featuring chained scenarios, they had fixed it. I literally never save because what's the point?

Really disappointing.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep. We definitely have to do it using the parts proposed by DTG - one after one (services).

8. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Please raise a support ticket with any and all save games that do not work - send us the files (PC users of course since console can't).

The team DO want to look into this but it is not simply a case of "fix save game" - the reality is that there are any number of potential areas that could be causing problems, a multitude of systems which all need to save and restore correctly and in some cases coordinate how they re-set themselves up again after resuming.

The best way to help the engineering team figure the problems out is to get us save files that are broken and then they can look into each one and figure it out so we can work on a fix for it.

Thanks
    Matt.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  9. OldVern

Will do Matt. The file concerned has since been overwritten after I restarted Part 2 and saved again (only one save slot...!) but no doubt it will happen again.

• Like Like x 2
  10. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I think I've missed / failed to understand this functionality completely! Do you get to Part 2 by clicking Continue Journey? And does that avoid the need to set the loco etc. up from scratch?

11. OldVern

No that takes you back to the tutorials/journey mode. After the completion screen for Stage 1 you have to hit return to free roam, you should then get a message “Wait a moment”, then the next part should start. Clear as mud!

12. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Very intuitive LOL. I'll try it out when I've finally succesfully finished Limited Power :D

13. thatsn0moon

thatsn0moon Member

I have a save file which has this bug. I assume the save files that the engineering team need are located in Documents->My Games->TrainSimWorld2->Saved->SaveGames ?

Are any other files required? I will refrain from using the Save feature until I know which files you need so as to retain this broken save for the team.

Thanks,

Tyler

14. DTG Matt

Save file should be all thats needed thanks!

15. OldVern

It's just done it again, this time trying to reload Part 3 of the Greenbriar timetable. Copy of save file will be sent to support.

16. Jpantera

Its just happened to me on the Nora turn, got into Part 3 having played straight through from one saved come back today and all gone odd, result was I couldnt complete it and no option in service list to go straight to 3. Bit dissapointed having had such a good start with the route. I have over written the save file now so wont send it in but will watch for futuire occurences.

17. OldVern

Well let’s hope this route is the one that actually brings the problem to a head. With the short passenger runs, it was an annoyance as you couldn’t keep the “shift” going, just grumble and pick up another run from the list. However Clinchfield bringing long scenarios such as Limited Power or the connected movements from the timetable, essential this part of the game actually works.

Obviously an issue in the core as I’ve had it on most routes, doesn’t usually occur on the first save/reload but on subsequent ones.

18. Jpantera

I wonder if deleting the initial save file and then saving another one works? That would be a bodge style workaround for now if so.

19. OldVern

I did wonder if it could be a read/write or permissions thing, though that still doesn't explain the randomness of it.

20. Jpantera

I opened the folder which contains the save games. Unsure was to which is the culprit/relevant one. Will for now just pause the sim and put the PC to sleep if I am doing a long winded chained scenario. Less than ideal though....

21. OldVern

Having done that the reply I got from Support (Chris) was less than sterling.
    With specific regard to Clinchfield, the advice was to complete the scenario in one sitting. Not always possible as some are quite long and defeats the whole point of having chained activities in the timetable, too.
    Second completely disregarded the fact this is happening across all TSW routes, not just Clinchfield.
    Not even an acknowledgement that the save game is being analysed to try and identify what could be causing the problem.
    So with a response like that which doesn't even acknowledge this is a key problem, it does kind of put you off bothering to report any bugs or issues.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Jpantera

I have had save issues from day one and haven't reported them as I have assumed that general chatter about the issue would lead it to be fixed. It sounds like that's a long way off even though I would think its an aspiration?

23. DTG Matt

• Like Like x 1