PC Ntp Scenario Designer Spads

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Tanglebones, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

Whenever I create a scenario on NTP, it works perfectly if I just have one train - the one I'm driving. However, if I add more trains, more often than not the scenario will end because of a SPAD. At first I thought this was me missing a signal, but after much trial and error I've tracked it down to Manchester Victoria Platform 14.

When an AI train pulls into this track at the end of it's run (from any station farther east), it will SPAD 100% of the time. On zooming in on map view, there is a green path on each platform that can receive trains. At the ends of this path are green dots, and on the tracks where the green dots are clearly before the red signal, AI trains stop perfectly at the green circle without issue.

However, on Manchester Victoria Platform 14, this green dot is just a smidge too close to the signal and when the train is almost at a stop the nose crosses over and SPADS. This is repeatable and if you switch to map view you can watch it happen every time. I've also hopped a ride on an train coming in to platform 14 from Miles Platting and confirmed it visually.

I've checked other Manchester Victoria platforms and 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 all test correct. I haven't tested platforms 15, 16, and 17.

Can we get someone to edit this please, and make sure the AI trains don't prematurely end the scenario? I can work around it by just not using that platform, but it really should be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem. I'd set up an 08 to pass me on Miles Platting bank and when it arrived at Victoria it passed a red and ended the scenario. I solved it by using a 47 instead of the 08. The 08 cab is a long way from the front of the loco so if the cab stops on the marker, the front of the engine is past the signal. The 47 cab is right at the front so didn't spad. Not perfect but it got things working until they sort it out. Other long nosed loco's will presumably have the same problem, a lone class 20 for example.

• Like Like x 1