PlayStation Controlling Multi F7 Locos In Clinchfield?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by colinplant, Apr 11, 2021.

1. colinplant

colinplant New Member

Hello,
    PS5 player here with a question about Clinchfield.
    I've read the manuals but can't seem to see any way to controller multiple locos (banking I believe it's called) like the COM button on other routes. I assume it has something to do with the Unit Selector but you know what people say about assuming. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

C

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That‘s what we‘d all like to know. Doesn‘t seem like anyone was able to figure it out yet.

The unit selector‘s got nothing to do with banking. It‘s ornamental in-game. In real life, it‘s there to equalize voltage losses between locos in your lead consist when applying dynamic brakes.

3. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

I think Dovetail have not modeled it. Not sure in year 1975 Dpu is working either.
    Maybe it was the train driver in the rear locomotive.
    But I think it is Banking equipment in F7 but it is dead.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  4. Blackwolf

Blackwolf Member

I should be a way that an ai driver could control the rear locomotive on your comand.
    All rear helpers, or most of them was manned helpers

5. graeme.norton1

graeme.norton1 New Member

My work around is to use the external camera.
    Go to the helper loco's and open the window then set up the control stand and then operate the throttle.
    seems to work.

6. mariner86

mariner86 Active Member

In most places at that time in the US helper sets were manned at that time I believe. Even today helpers are typically manned. DPU’s are another story but most helper sets have crews. I think the exception back then was radio units on Saluda Grade.

• Like Like x 1
  7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In Sand Patch, the imaginary AI helper crew are represented by the Banking Comms button on the radio, simulating verbal instructions. But there is no such functionality in either CRR cab, so we are all mystified.

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I don’t have CRR yet. Does this mean there are services that are currently unplayable in the route due to rear locos not powering. If so, I can certainly wait a bit longer to get it because that kind of thing really bugs me.

9. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The once service I did that had rear helpers I was still able to do, though it didn't sound like they were doing anything but idling.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I have the route but have only done tutorials so far. If DPU control isn't working, this is really disappointing. It requires an urgent response. On a somewhat related note, I tried a run eastbound on SPG yesterday with 2 GP38-2's and it was virtually unplayable, because of the lack of dynamic braking. Even the throttle was behaving erratically. My two go to routes are now fast becoming no go.

11. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

um whats wrong with your profile, hyou have badges for stuff you havnt done lol